Need to break it off, but how?

90 posts in this topic

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
So I lied and told her I would call the consulate to see if the problem could be straightened out, I hate to do that but otherwise she would have been hysterical again. I needed to find out if she had gone and what had happened. Thank goodness the embassy responded to my request so quickly.

God bless,

Jetset55

I'm glad that you're still resolute in your decision but to be honest you really aren't doing yourself or her any good by lying at this stage.

So she'll be hysterical again? She's going to be even more hysterical when she finds out you lied about it.

You've already done the hardest part...be up front from here on out and ensure she knows it's over or you're going to have to continually make up more lies...and she's just going to keep bugging you about it and contacting you.

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: Country: Bolivia
Timeline
So I lied and told her I would call the consulate to see if the problem could be straightened out, I hate to do that but otherwise she would have been hysterical again. I needed to find out if she had gone and what had happened. Thank goodness the embassy responded to my request so quickly.

God bless,

Jetset55

I'm glad that you're still resolute in your decision but to be honest you really aren't doing yourself or her any good by lying at this stage.

So she'll be hysterical again? She's going to be even more hysterical when she finds out you lied about it.

You've already done the hardest part...be up front from here on out and ensure she knows it's over or you're going to have to continually make up more lies...and she's just going to keep bugging you about it and contacting you.

Thanks pj1959us, you're right of course.

That little interchange was just a microcosm of the relationship. Little lies to help her handle the truth, enough to keep her from losing control and becoming violent. It's hard to do when you are a fundamentally honest person.

But it's hard not to fall back into that pattern, when that is all you know. It avoids the outbreak and at the end the job gets done, but then the person doesn't understand why you "lied". I never understood why she couldn't handle the truth, and that is at the core of why we can't be together.

If you cannot be honest with yourself and take responsibility for your actions, then you don't get my respect...

Well, thanks pj1959us, you're absolutely right. Tommorow I am seeing a lawyer to explain the situation and receive counsel. Before proceeding I wanted to document the death threats and also ensure that there were no legal snares she could trip me with before proceeding with the absolution dissolution of the relationship.

Jetset55

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Would think it is better to break it quickly and be honest about the bitter truth. Stringing her along will only find you dead in a ditch someday. One more thing. Never go south of the Rio Grande after this.

Good luck

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Documenting the death threats is a good idea. :thumbs: I agree with the others - be honest, up front, then change your methods of contact (new phone number, new e-mail address) and just break off contact with her. I think it's dangerous for her to be in your life, you need to cut her off sooner rather than later.

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

That is some drama. Cut her off, you only encourage her by continuing to talk to her. Change your phone! Don't answer the emails. How crazy she still went to the interview. LOL

11/27/2006 Filed I-129F

12/01/06 received at CSC NOA1

12/09/06 checked cleared

02/28/07 touched!

02/28/07 NOA2 via email 3 of them!!!!

03/01/07 touched

03/09/07 NOA2 received via snail mail

03/20/07 Received email from Sydney that packet 3 should be mailed out tomorrow

03/26/07 Fiance received packet 3

4/26/07 Fiance medical appointment

5/01/07 New date of medical appointment

5/14/07 Fiance interview date!

VISA APPROVED!

6/8/07 My fiance arrives in America

7/14/07 Wedding day!

You say this woman knows what she wants.....she wants a Green Card!

I agree with the others....break off all contact....so what if she gets hysterical and violent......she is back in her country.

Look after yourself and if the red flags are flying in your next relationship......RUN!!

Good luck :)

married Dec '03 in US

Feb 04...... I 130 filed......................approved August 04

March 04... I 129F filed....................approved October 04

August 04...I 130 for children filed....approved September 04

Interview: Jan 19 2005 in Sydney

~~~~K3/K4 Visas granted~~~~~

Leave for New Hampshire 27 January 05

We are Home!!!!! :o)

AOS timeline....round 1

2/16/05 I-765 mailed to Chicago

5/24/05 EAD approved

7/11/05 Started work!!

AOS....round 2 (to finally finish things off)

10/25/06 NOA1 for AOS/EAD

11/16/06 Transferred to CSC

11/17/06 Biometrics appt

11/27/06 Touched "Case now pending at CSC"

1/12/07 EAD "touched"

1/16/07 EAD "touched"

1/17/07 EAD approved "Card production Ordered"

1/20/07 I 485 "touched"

1/22/07 EAD card received

6/13/07 Transferred back to Missouri....grrrrrrr

7/23/07 Interview date! FINALLY!

7/23/07 AOS APPROVED!!! :o) 10 yr Greencard I 551 stamp in passport.

7/28/07 Welcome letter received

7/28/07 Card production ordered.

8/1/07 Approval notice senT

8/3/07 Greencards received in mail!

~~~WE ARE DONE~~~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Have you seen the latest People magazine about an american burned to death in Brazil by his girlfriend. She hired a hitman. His family did't suspect until he didn't show up for his father's funeral. Be it for different reasons....money, If there is a motive like a GC behind a relationship other than real love, commitment, and desire for the well-being of your loveone....BE CAREFUL. If what this person wants is a GC then the statements on your application about a bonafide relationship are not true. We don't want to read about you in the news......

K-1:see our timeline

AOS:

May 23, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD Package

May 25, 2007 Received Date

May 30, 2007 NOA AOS/EAD

Filed: Timeline

Why is it so hard to get rid of ALL CONTACT with her? Geez. SHe's nuts. SHe's manipulative. You're falling for it again, which you clearly state yet you continue to talk to her! She lives thousands of miles away & can't legally get in the the States!!!!!!!!!

STOP_TALKING_TO_HER.

Duh.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:devil: I think you need to just get :angry: and CUT HER OFF. Why even carry conversations with her, let her conversations go to voicemail and then if she says anything threatening, GO TO THE POLICE. Grow a back bone here. She's manipulating you guy.

March 18 2007 "Wedding Day"

AOS PROCESS BEGINS

May 4 - AOS/EAD Mailed

May 5 - USCIS Received Package

May 11 - Checks Cashed

May 20 - RFE - Received

June 13 - Touched RFE Documents Received

June 29,2007 - I-485 Transferred to California for processing

July 17, 2007 - Touched

July 18, 2007 - Touched

July 28, 2007 - Touched

July 30, 2007 - Work Authorization Received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Why is it so hard to get rid of ALL CONTACT with her? Geez. SHe's nuts. SHe's manipulative. You're falling for it again, which you clearly state yet you continue to talk to her! She lives thousands of miles away & can't legally get in the the States!!!!!!!!!

STOP_TALKING_TO_HER.

Duh.

You are a genius,. :thumbs:

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:ph34r: BTW ***whispering****

Dont tell her we gave you all this good advice.

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: Country: Bolivia
Timeline
:ph34r: BTW ***whispering****

Dont tell her we gave you all this good advice.

...and it's wonderful advice ***whispering***

I changed my handle just because I was paranoid she was reading the website. Maybe she's reading now...SHHHHHHH.

Spoke with her again, was a little more honest, but she keeps asking about the visa.

Won't give in, y'all, don't worry. Have a great support group!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Lawyer said to document death threats with a notary, doesn't think she has a leg to stand on regarding the divorce, marriage is probably invalid to start with, she doesn't have any means to contest it either...

Some good news, just trying to get some peace and move on. Feel sorry for her because she made some stupid decisions, but that's just me. An old softy.

An old 37 year softy that has been in too many relationships where he couldn't say no...

Is he learning yet?

Thanks to the help of some great folks.

Will keep you up to date as things move on. Looks like will have to move over to a divorce forum to continue the topic.

SALUDOS!

Jet

did I miss the part about you being married?

married Dec '03 in US

Feb 04...... I 130 filed......................approved August 04

March 04... I 129F filed....................approved October 04

August 04...I 130 for children filed....approved September 04

Interview: Jan 19 2005 in Sydney

~~~~K3/K4 Visas granted~~~~~

Leave for New Hampshire 27 January 05

We are Home!!!!! :o)

AOS timeline....round 1

2/16/05 I-765 mailed to Chicago

5/24/05 EAD approved

7/11/05 Started work!!

AOS....round 2 (to finally finish things off)

10/25/06 NOA1 for AOS/EAD

11/16/06 Transferred to CSC

11/17/06 Biometrics appt

11/27/06 Touched "Case now pending at CSC"

1/12/07 EAD "touched"

1/16/07 EAD "touched"

1/17/07 EAD approved "Card production Ordered"

1/20/07 I 485 "touched"

1/22/07 EAD card received

6/13/07 Transferred back to Missouri....grrrrrrr

7/23/07 Interview date! FINALLY!

7/23/07 AOS APPROVED!!! :o) 10 yr Greencard I 551 stamp in passport.

7/28/07 Welcome letter received

7/28/07 Card production ordered.

8/1/07 Approval notice senT

8/3/07 Greencards received in mail!

~~~WE ARE DONE~~~

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just to give you guys some feedback, I spoke to the young lady today with the intention of finding out if she had gone to the interview, if in fact the fax had arrived and the petition had been cancelled, I didn't get a chance to confirm because the embassy was closed on Friday for a Christmas party.

She did in fact go and tried to convince them that it was a mistake, fortunately they stuck to their guns and I confirmed again this afternoon.

This girl is really desperate and it just reminds me of everything that I dislike about her.

I confirmed again with the staff here that it was indeed cancelled, and will follow up with another fax confirming the verbal confirmation.

It's really sad because this young woman knows what she wants, but she goes about getting it all the wrong way.

She prefers to make other people's lives miserable in order to enrich her own, has not gotten hold of the golden rule yet???

Thanks to all your help, I am very content alone at home, by myself but at peace with the world, no longer hating it...

God bless,

Jetset55

No offense, buddy, but before you get involved in another relationship, you've got some serious issues that you need to deal with. Forgive my bluntness, but your an enabler and you've just used dishonesty to make things 'easier'. You seem like a nice guy, but seriously get some counseling so you can recognize the destructive behavior within yourself that contributes to such a volatile relationship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.