cheeky^Wolf

For those who met online/telephone

Is it love?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Can you love someone before you've met them face to face?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • It's Lust

90 posts in this topic

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Remember it LUST at first. You cannot love someone if you all you did was chat on Yahoo or talked to on the phone. Though that lust can be overshadowed by love once you been with them for a while!

Think of it this way, You do care for and have feeling for that far-away person but you cannot learn your trust until you are together. Then there are somethings a that may block love from intensifying, e.g: he may bath once a week, she will never put on a dress, or he works 18hrs a day, and she spends 90% of time to friends 10% to me. Its those type of compatiability things that amounts to love.

"It took 4 years to bridge the gap"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My answer is : YES

When I first met my now husband I wasn't looking for a relationship only friendship, he said he knew that I was meant to be his wife, but with me it took a little more time. But in the end I think I knew from the beginning but I didnt want to admit it.

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Filed: Timeline

We met online at islamic matrimony site. First you week out the people who are just there on a lark. No playing, it was obvious what we were looking for. That makes it easy at first, it's all logical and maybe a little cold, but you can make certain judgments. His religious belief helped convince me he was serious and did not have bad motives (fraudulent ones). And I fell. Resisted a bit at first. But then we went thru the "I love you"s.

By the time it was time to meet I couldn't pretend I was holding out to see what would happen when we met face to face. I enjoy thinking back on the first days we spent together, that ultra blissfulness. :luv::wub:

I was married once before. Trust me, it really was abnormal between me and that first guy. After I knew I had his interest I think I lost mine. The Pity Card was in play, also the Save Him From Loneliness card. Not the type of guy most girls are attracted to, and I wasn't one to get much male attention so I took what I could get. I hear each relationship is different...but this one I am in now really IS different from the first one. If something happened to this one it would...deeply effect me. It would feel like...I don't want to think about that. I say 'I love you' and I mean it, there is feeling behind it. I could go on and on about how this is different. This runs deep. It's not just deeper in contrast to the first husband, which literally was a surface relationship and if I had a clue at the time, I would have stopped seeing him after I didn't really care one way or another. I didn't ask myself if I was happy. I think I was with him to just not be alone. I could have been almost anyone and as long as she gave my ex attention, he would have fallen. This one, he gave me chances to change my mind and I really do think he would have been just fine, so I didn't feel pressure to stay because "poor poor lonely man." I can contrast the two relationships against each other in this way. But not in the easy "this love is so much stronger" way. The first one I sort of tacked onto the edge of my life. This one I make room for and I want to integrate with the rest of my life concept. With this one, I am willing to go through the ups and downs of life.

Being introduced in real life, and then meeting and courting face to face. There is no guarantee that it is love, real love. So that is why I think it is possible to love someone before you meet them face to face. People make mistakes in relationships no matter how or where they start. You can't go by one bad experience, or one unfortunate story.

BT

If I cause offense it is not on purpose, think about that before you take offense. If you feel offended, consider that maybe I'm not talking about you and maybe I accidentally stumbled onto a sore area and do not know. Thank you.

Before Dan's visit, some of my friends had an opinion about my relationship with Dan, they said it wasn't a real relationship because we hadn't met each other in real life, in flesh. At some point it kind of broke me down. They just don't understand that sometimes to have a relationship with someone is not always about holding hands or sloppy kisses. Sure they perk up a relationship but can't maintain it without good communication. This world is so random sometimes, so are the people. I don't care about what people think about our relationship anymore because those who said negative things about it finally ended up in a bad relationship because they only worked on physical attraction instead of a good communication.

keTiiDCjGVo

Yes, you can.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I had known several people who had met their husbands or wives online, and my opinion was NO WAY. I thought there was no way you could actually fall in love with someone without having ever met them in real life.

Then one day somene popped into my instant message and we started talking. Getting to know someone online can be the best way to get to know them. You spend more time really talking and getting to know one anothers likes and dislikes. You get to know the person behind the face on the web cam. How many times do we really get to know the person we are interested in without our surrounding influencing our actions and reactions? Online you don't have the distractions of everyday life intruding, it is just you and him and the web cam and computer.

Of course you reserve final judgment for the real life meeting.

I fell in love with my husband online. I knew the type of person he was, what would make him angry, what made him laugh, what made him happy.

When I met him face to face, I watched him for days. I watched his interactions with friends and family. I watched how he conducted himself in public and in private. I paid close attention to how he treated me in different situations. On the day that he asked me to marry him, I had absolutely no doubts about our feelings for each other. I married him knowing that it could be a long long time before we would be together again.

So, yeah, I believe you can fall in love with someone you meet online. It may not be for everyone, but that is their choice. As long as it worked for me, I am content. (L)(F)(L)

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Filed: Timeline
I met my wife in person.

Somehow, I find it difficult to imagine falling in love without an actual "in person" relationship. Otherwise, You would only get 50% of the picture, or less.

Can you have a great deal of affection for that person? Sure.

Love? No way.

I agree. I knew my husband from the internet originally, but we did not actually fall in love until we met in person. We met in person as friends, nothing more.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes. Me and my fiance are the living proof. Seein each other would just make you love each other more and more.

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

YES !!!

But I do have to say that I have always been real skeptical about when I heard someone fell in love online untill it happend to myself ! :D

07/06/2007 -AOS-EAD mailed

07/08/2007 -AOS-EAD received in chicago ( DAY 1)

07/16/2007 - NOA1 received I-485 + EAD + I-130( DAY 8)

07/18/2007 - Biometrics received Scheduled 08/08/2007 ( DAY 10)

07/30/2007 - Both I-130 + EAD touched ( DAY 22)

08/08/2007 - Biometrics taken me + my daughter ( DAY 31)

08/08/2007 - Both I-485 + EAD touched ( DAY 31)

08/16/2007 - Touched I-765 ( DAY 39)

09/13/2007 - EAD card ordered ! ( DAY 67)

09/24/2007 - EAD card received ! ( DAY 78)

09/29/2007 - got Interview letters in the mail ,interview NOV 20 ( DAY 83)

1.png

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzYmU2luY2UrQU9TK2Fycml2ZWQrYXQrVVNDSVMmMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxMiYxMCZjJjAmOCY3JjIwMDcmOSY1MiY1NTU4NjkwMDExODc3MTQ2NTkuJw==.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Yes. Yuibi and I loved eachother very much before meeting face to face.

The irony of it is that I was very set against a relationship with someone online until I met him- and would have previously said it was impossible to love someone you met online. :P

image5sa8.jpg

Lifting Conditions

03/30/2010: Petition mailed

04/05/2010: NOA

04/09/2010: NOA received in mail

04/20/2010: Biometrics Appointment

06/22/2010: RFE date

06/30/2010: RFE received

07/16/2010: RFE reply sent

07/19/2010: RFE delivery confirmed

08/05/2010: Card Production Ordered!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

No way! You might think you love them, but there's so much more to learn once you've met. so many other layers. We met in person and I'm very grateful for this...

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Yes. Yuibi and I loved eachother very much before meeting face to face.

The irony of it is that I was very set against a relationship with someone online until I met him- and would have previously said it was impossible to love someone you met online. :P

same here :thumbs:

part of me knew I loved him, but I knew I had to meet him first before I let myself fall completely in love with him which I did the minute I saw his back leaning against that pole in the airport :wub: I guess I just needed to know that he was in fact a real person.... (L)

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

YES. I met my husband online. Soon as i met him in person i just knew we were meant for each other and he felt the same way about me. We'd talked online for 5 years got to know each other very well, each other's likes and dislikes. He still finds it hard to understand my accent even though i have softened it alot. Now he's down to 30 huh's per day from 100 :lol:

I wouldnt trade him for a scotsman thats for sure!! :thumbs:

Separated!!