visawaver

K3 spousal petition,what is your experience,is it really obsolete?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Would like to hear from people that have applied for a K3 visa.There seems to be a common narrative at visajourney aimed at discouraging people to apply for a K3. Recently there are a growing number of threads that refute this line of thinking,saying the K3 was faster in their cases. My immigration attorney advised me that indeed,they are now processing the K3's faster,sometimes in as little as 2 months and that I should apply for one, which I did.(my I-130 was sent in two months earlier). What is your experience,Is it really "obsolete" or is this just part of an obsolete agenda that some people here are pushing?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Would like to hear from people that have applied for a K3 visa.There seems to be a common narrative at visajourney aimed at discouraging people to apply for a K3. Recently there are a growing number of threads that refute this line of thinking,saying the K3 was faster in their cases. My immigration attorney advised me that indeed,they are now processing the K3's faster,sometimes in as little as 2 months and that I should apply for one, which I did.(my I-130 was sent in two months earlier). What is your experience,Is it really "obsolete" or is this just part of an obsolete agenda that some people here are pushing?

Your lawyer is wrong. As little as two months? LOL. It takes that long to get NOA 1 alone.

I came on a K 3 but it was 6 years ago. He can file for it for you but it will be converted to a C R 1 which is much better anyway.

See timelines here on V J for reality as to overall time to obtain visa. Prepare for 6 to 12 months.

i know someone ( Spouse) from MOROCCO, just left the country to USA with (k3 visa) filled i-130 and i-129 together , and here in VJ i have read somewhere timeline with (k3 )approved recently (the same embassy)

there is no 2 months , from 6 months to 12 (yes)

Edited by fatimazahrae

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the "What Visa Do I Need" forum -- topic involves the comparative merits (speed of processing) of the K-3 vs. CR-1. ***

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Does the Lawyer offer a money back guarantee?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Has the lawyer had an immigration case in the last five years?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

290 K3 visas were granted in 2012 out of almost 89000 spousal visas. That's about 0.35%

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.