its-amy

How long does it take to get an NVC letter after an approval?

18 posts in this topic

Hi,

so i have just received the approval mail for the K1 visa. It does not mention anything about sending it to NVC. It just says that they forwarded my case to the listed consulate. I have seen sample letters saying that it is forwarded to NVC. Is there something wrong?

Also, how long does it usually take to get a letter from NVC saying that they received our papers? Does NVC usually want us to send in the required documents to them, or do we sent to the consulate or have it present at the interview?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

:guides: (accessible at the top of the forum page). In particular, the K-1 Flowchart:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Good luck.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Amy

Our letter said the same thing, and I thought it odd there was no mentioned made of the NVC. I almost wonder if they are fast-tracking some applications?? I would love to follow this thread (as it has been moved to a new sub-forum) but not sure where/how to find it.

My fiance received our letter today so I have yet to see what it says in its entirety, though I do know it said our case has been forwarded to the consulate in Vancouver.

Hi,

so i have just received the approval mail for the K1 visa. It does not mention anything about sending it to NVC. It just says that they forwarded my case to the listed consulate. I have seen sample letters saying that it is forwarded to NVC. Is there something wrong?

Also, how long does it usually take to get a letter from NVC saying that they received our papers? Does NVC usually want us to send in the required documents to them, or do we sent to the consulate or have it present at the interview?

Applied for Naturalization based on 3-year Residency 

July 05, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox

July 10, 2017 (Day 05) - NOA received

July 12, 2017 (Day 07) -  Check is cashed by USCIS

July 19, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics appointment letter mailed

August 02, 2017 (Day 28) - Biometrics appointment at Seattle Field Office

August 28, 2017 (Day 54) - Case is "in line" for an interview"

August 28, 2018 (Day 419) - Interview is scheduled

October 4, 2018 (Day 462) - Citizenship Interview AND Oath (offered same day oath by ISO in Seattle, WA)

Officially a U.S. Citizen - Proud to be an American

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey!

Ours said the same thing and I was really confused. My fiancé called the NVC yesterday and they said that ours had just been entered in to their system that day! They were able to give us our case number though which is helpful as you can then track it on the tracker site!! Ours now say "in transit".

So, long story short - nothing to panic over! You can either wait for something to arrive in the mail, or you can call up the NVC and ask about the status. You will need the receipt number from USCIS.

Luckily this site is awesome for information and people are so helpful - if it wasn't for the few that answered my questions regarding this, I would still be in the same position as you!

Hope this helps :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey!

Ours said the same thing and I was really confused. My fiancé called the NVC yesterday and they said that ours had just been entered in to their system that day! They were able to give us our case number though which is helpful as you can then track it on the tracker site!! Ours now say "in transit".

So, long story short - nothing to panic over! You can either wait for something to arrive in the mail, or you can call up the NVC and ask about the status. You will need the receipt number from USCIS.

Luckily this site is awesome for information and people are so helpful - if it wasn't for the few that answered my questions regarding this, I would still be in the same position as you!

Hope this helps :)

how long did you wait for your case number? we've been waiting for almost a month now.

May 15, 2013 - Sent I-129F packet

May 17, 2013 - Recieved Date

May 21, 2013 - NOA1

August 9, 2013 - Petition Approved; NOA2

September 12, 2013 - Got our Manila Case Number

September 13, 2013 - Paid VISA fee through BPI ; scheduled appointment and medicals

September 17, 2013 - Medical at SLEC; passed in one day

September 20, 2013 - done with CFO seminar pre departure orientation seminar

October 7, 2013 - Interview at USEM (Visa Approved)

October 16, 2013 - Visa on hand

October 17, 2013 - went back to CFO for the sticker

November 9, 2013 - Flight to LAX, got to LAX safely

NOvember 11, 2013 - Printed out I-94 online

Timeline

I called the NVC about a week after our approval or so, and asked for his new case number. The NVC ships letter to your fiance's country, but they don't send you back anything (least not that I know of).

Timeline

how long did you wait for your case number? we've been waiting for almost a month now.

We'd been waiting a month before we called, so they should have it there if you call now! They may have had it earlier, but we had just been waiting...not patiently! So that's when I started looking around and got my fiancé to call the NVC. I would give them a call and get it, then, like I said, you can track the progress - this is the site you go to to track it: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Timeline

We'd been waiting a month before we called, so they should have it there if you call now! They may have had it earlier, but we had just been waiting...not patiently! So that's when I started looking around and got my fiancé to call the NVC. I would give them a call and get it, then, like I said, you can track the progress - this is the site you go to to track it: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

my fianće called them yesterday and they don't have it yet. looks like NVC is taking awhile to process case numbers now.

May 21, 2013 - NOA1

September 13, 2013 - Paid VISA fee through BPI ; scheduled appointment and medicals

Timeline

my fianće called them yesterday and they don't have it yet. looks like NVC is taking awhile to process case numbers now.

If there is one thing I take away from this process, it's that USCIS and NVC like to take there sweet ### time in doing things! It makes the the whole even more stressful and frustrating. Hopefully you will get it soon. Maybe try them at the end of next week :)

Timeline

If there is one thing I take away from this process, it's that USCIS and NVC like to take there sweet ### time in doing things! It makes the the whole even more stressful and frustrating. Hopefully you will get it soon. Maybe try them at the end of next week :)

that's why having these sites like visajourney helps a lot, i've developed friends from here that always keep me positive about the whole process we are all going through. it'll be a month next week and i hope by then they would have it. thanks

May 21, 2013 - NOA1

Timeline

that's why having these sites like visajourney helps a lot, i've developed friends from here that always keep me positive about the whole process we are all going through. it'll be a month next week and i hope by then they would have it. thanks

Oh my gosh, I totally agree! this site is AMAZING! It's so helpful. I started this whole process without knowing anything about this site, then I found it a month later and I'm so glad I did! It makes you feel not so alone when dealing with everything. And it's great that everyone is so helpful and totally rooting for one another.

Yeah, hopefully next week they will have it :) Keep us posted!!

When we call NVC or DOS, what information we need to have in hand for asking our case #?

We got approved a week ago. So we still have time. Just getting prepared if we need to call what & when etc.

We have received the hard copy of NOA2 & there are two A# one to each the petitioner & beneficiary.

USCIS - 50days

I-129F Application mailed: 10-July-2013; NOA1 (hard copy): 22-July-2013; NOA2: 29-Aug-2013 (text/email)

NVC: 52 days

NVC received: 15-Oct-2013; Got case #: 16-Oct-2013(phone); In Transit: 17-Oct-2013(CEAC website)

Consulate ~ Medical - POE: 139(+) days

Consulate received: 21-Oct-2013; Packet3 forms sent to Consulate: 29-Oct-2013; Packet4 received: 04-Nov-2013

Medicals completed on 28-Jan-2014; Interview on 10-March-2014; Visa in hand: 24-Apr-2014

GC: 114 days

POE:17-May-2014; Marriage: 19-May-2014 (Got marriage certificate on the same day at Sacramento, CA); I-693 on 20-May-2014

AOS/EAD/AP sent: 22-May-2014; Reached USCIS: 26-May-2014; NOA1: 02-June-2014

Received Biometrics notice: 07-June-2014 for Biometrics on 23-June-2014, 12:00 noon; Early Walk-in Biometrics successfully completed: 12-June-2014

USCIS website AoS status changed to "testing & Interview" : 30-June-2014; EAD/AP Status "Card in production": 04-Aug-2014; USCIS website updated with interview date as 8-Sep-2014 on: 6-Aug-2014.

Received EAD/AP Combo card in mail: 11-Aug-2014

AoS Interview: 8-Sep-2014; Result: APPROVED; USCIS status changed to "card in production"; Received GC by mail: 16-Sep-2014

RoC:

Applied I-751: 14-June-16; NoA: 17-June-16; Letter received on: 22-June-16

Biometrics notice received on 30-Jun-16 ; Biometrics: 12-July-16;

Received RFE dated 04-Aug-17 on 09-Aug-2017; asked house lease or deed, utility bills if applicable, birth cert of children born to this marriage;

Responded on 15-Aug-2017; USCIS received response on 16:Aug-17; Approved: 13-Sep-17; Case Status to "New Card is mailed": 18-Sep-17; Card received in mail: 21-Sep-2017

N-400

Applied online: 12-Nov-2017; Biometrics: 06-Dec-2017; Received interview letter on 09-Oct-18; Interview at SFO: 06-Nov-2018; Approved; Oath Scheduled on 05-Dec-2018; postponed to 16-Jan2019 because of Former President Sr. Bush's funeral; Oath completed on 16-Jan-2019; Applied for US Passport (expedited) on 18-Jan-2019; received Passport : 29-Jan-2019; received NC:01-Feb-2019

What number do you call for the NVC? I'm calling 603-334-0700 but it's just going straight to a busy signal!

11/28/2012 Engaged

01/17/2013 K1 visa sent

02/07/2013 NAO1

06/21/2013 Case Transferred to TSC

07/30/2013 RFE - Proof we met in two years

08/16/2013 NAO2!

What number do you call for the NVC? I'm calling 603-334-0700 but it's just going straight to a busy signal!

I called the same number and it goes straight to busy as well. I have been trying a couple of days actually. Does anyone know how else we can contact them?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.