31 posts in this topic

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
It's bittersweet in that my love and I are having problems since the stress of things is *really* getting to him. I pray that we will stay together through this.

:thumbs: Congrats on the approval and good luck on the rest of your journey!!!

I think I was late filing for AOS:

07/27/07: Mailed AOS papers to Chicago mailbox.

08/02/07: AOS papers received in Chicago.

:dance: Congratz!!! :dance:

,,hang on..sometimes separations and the waiting/guessing stage drives both us nuts !!Wish you both strenght and

all the luck on the rest of your journey!! (F)

Goodluck and giving you hugs from PI ----bighug2.gif

(F)

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

yep it really does put a load of pressure on things.

but great news and i wish you all the best with the rest of your journey :)

--

15 aug -- K-1 application posted to TSC

17 aug -- TSC receives application

no NOA1, USCIS says no record....

31 oct resubmitted

09 NOV money order cashed

08 NOV NOA1 date, yey! arrived in post 14th nov

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

,,hang on..sometimes separations and the waiting/guessing stage drives both us nuts !!Wish you both strenght and

Thank you:) "Driving us nuts" is about where it's at right now. He feels that everything is so vulnerable that he can't live with that day to do through the rest of the journey. I try to reassure him that we're not the only ones and that we will get through it, but then eh. He sort of seems to resent me because I "get to" stay here in the US and wait for him to do everything. I feel a little diminished and blamed when we're supposed to be equally in this together, supporting and understanding. We want kids someday and I can't imagine me telling him off for just getting to have the sex while I have to carry and deliver the babies. I think he needs to understand that there's a burden on both of us and that will always move a little more to one side or the other but we will both be there for each other when it does. I try to be supportive but sometimes I just don't know what else I can do. It is what it is, and we have to accept that and work with it.

Edited by MairzyDoats

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!! to yu bothon your NOA2. I know this process is hard but believe me it will be over, This won't last forever but your love will. I tell my fiance that if we make it through this than i know that our love is strong, and we will make it through anything and you both will too. I will keep you in my prayers that god gives you both strength to get through this and you will.

AJ1

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

I hope these problems work themselve out... But you know some one needs to be the one in the drivers seat... I'm the petitioner...I do the work...in the states...Veronica has her work cut out for her with the medical...Police report...the 6 hour taxi ride to Romania for the interview... the interview...and everything else I can't make easier for her.. Everyone has their job in this journey of a lifetime... Does it really matter who does what...when the end results is happiness for both of you ??

I'm not going to say much more because I don't know both sides... But Veronica told me this today... She said.. "I'm not sure who thought up this program(THe Visa Process) but I think it's to find the people whose relationships aren't true love..or strong enough to make it a lifetime..because if they can't make it these hard few months...how will they ever make it in real life..together.." Yes she said this.. I did touch it up alittle because english is her 3rd language..

I'm not sure what the moral of the story is...well I know what it is...and I think you do too.. You need to talk to him....Find out what his thinking..what's wrong..... point him to this web site...Let him see what we all are going through..He isn't the only one with hardships...

But I hope this approval will give him new strenght...because even if the next part of the journey takes just as long... it has many short waits for the next steps...NVC...Emabassy...Packets...etc.., so instead of months..between touches..it's weeks..

so it seems like a short period of time... and then you find out when your interview is..and that is the last date you will need to worry about....because it leads you to being with him forever.,..

Best Wishes..I really hope this works out for you...

Thank you:) "Driving us nuts" is about where it's at right now. He feels that everything is so vulnerable that he can't live with that day to do through the rest of the journey. I try to reassure him that we're not the only ones and that we will get through it, but then eh. He sort of seems to resent me because I "get to" stay here in the US and wait for him to do everything. I feel a little diminished and blamed when we're supposed to be equally in this together, supporting and understanding. We want kids someday and I can't imagine me telling him off for just getting to have the sex while I have to carry and deliver the babies. I think he needs to understand that there's a burden on both of us and that will always move a little more to one side or the other but we will both be there for each other when it does. I try to be supportive but sometimes I just don't know what else I can do. It is what it is, and we have to accept that and work with it.

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Congratulations!!! ....and I know exactly where you are coming from. I am the stressor in our relationship and my man takes it all in his stride. We argued today because of me stressing over the police check (which was fine) and the medical and the paperwork and he's like what's the problem. Admidst all this he said the most beautiful thing to me....."our differences are why we compliment each other so well". So hang in there you'll make it. Everyone at VJ is with you. :D:D

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Congrats on the approval!

I know my fiance and I have been fighting a lot too... not so much about the visa process though because we're both equally weighted. I had to go out and work 45 hours per week while being a full-time college student after being sick for 7 months, I'll have to move out of the hosue I've lived in with my parents for 21 years into my very first apartment which is bittersweet for me, I had to foot the first $200 and gather all the paperwork and everything. He'll have the police checks, medical, interview, and leaving his country/family/friends. So we both feel bad for each other and we both wish things could be different, like that he could've been born here or something.

The stress is definately getting to us though, especially the fact that we've been apart for nearly a year and that's getting really... really hard. We fight over the stupidest things. We don't fight like that when we're together, but the stress of the distance and the visa process is really wearing us thin and making us .

We'll make it through... just like you two will. But communication, quality time together, patience, and forgiveness are gonna be needed. Well now I have to leave for work in 15 minutes and I'm still in my pajamas so I can't say anything else... lol. I wish you both the best.

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
... But Veronica told me this today... She said.. "I'm not sure who thought up this program(THe Visa Process) but I think it's to find the people whose relationships aren't true love..or strong enough to make it a lifetime..because if they can't make it these hard few months...how will they ever make it in real life..together.." Yes she said this..

Every time we began to feel the pressure, we say the same thing.

It's bittersweet in that my love and I are having problems since the stress of things is *really* getting to him. I pray that we will stay together through this.

First of all, congratulations on your approval.

I think most of all go through similar situations.

We found (quite by accident) a way to deal with the stress and feel closer to each other. I'll post our "recipe" for not going crazy on your other post.

If you need to talk, pm me.

Once again, congratulations! Be strong, it's going to be over and you two will be together again soon.

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations on your approval and hope this gives both of you a renewed spirt for the remainder of your journey. Each baby step in this process is something to celebrate and it does help with the anxieties you may be feeling. Good luck on the remainder of your jouney.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Congrats!! You are in the home stretch now!! Hang in there! You have the holidays to look forward to together and I'm sure that will help to renew your spirits! This is a grueling process, but well worth the effort! Good luck!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Would someone please clarify this process for me.

I sent my I129F on Oct 20 to TSC. I recieved NOA1 on Oct 24th. Then is was sent to CSC, which I guess is standard procedure.

So why would it take less time for Vermont to process this app then for Texas to process. If it all gets funeled thru the CSC why is there a difference.

Oct 24 NOA1 Texas/CSC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Would someone please clarify this process for me.

I sent my I129F on Oct 20 to TSC. I recieved NOA1 on Oct 24th. Then is was sent to CSC, which I guess is standard procedure.

So why would it take less time for Vermont to process this app then for Texas to process. If it all gets funeled thru the CSC why is there a difference.

Not all I129F apps are not processed through the same place. Most go to CSC (after first being sent to TSC or NSC) , but certain states do go through Vermont which does seem to process apps much faster for some reason. Sorry!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.