Yelena_USA

CAN HE ENTER AMERICA WITH K-1 VISA BY SHIP, NOT BY PLANE?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I am curious, if my fiance's Port of Entry can actually be a port and not an air port. It would be convenient for me and him to arrive by ship to one of the Florida ports. But before I make any arrangements for that voyage, I just wanted to ask you guys: Is it even possible since it will be his 1st time entering the U.S. with a K-1 visa, and there should be some procedures associated with that once he enters the U.S. POE.

Are ALL points of entry in the U.S. ready to accept people who are entering on K-1 visa or there is like a list of the air ports and ports we should use? Any feedback is greatly valued!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/

Found through a Google search. Google can also be your friend. yes.gif

Bon voyage !

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Any port of entry is fine as long as you have valid Visa to enter. But one thing to confirm from USCIS is that when you initially filed for I129F, there was a question regarding "Which Port of entry" you will be using?. Please make sure if it is ok with USCIS.

Timeline

Perhaps that would depend on the cruise?innocent.giftongue.png

Timeline

Any port of entry is fine as long as you have valid Visa to enter. But one thing to confirm from USCIS is that when you initially filed for I129F, there was a question regarding "Which Port of entry" you will be using?. Please make sure if it is ok with USCIS.

Hmm…. not sot sure of that..??? may have missed that….???

However, it does ask which US embassy/consulate the visa application will be filed at.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129f.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I entered the U.S. by cruise ship through the new York seaport and didn't have any problems. Maybe contact your port of entry's CBP and make sure they are knowledgeable enough to process k1 visas.

K1 Visa
Feb. 29, 2012: I-129F sent
March 8, 2012: NOA1 (VSC)
August 30, 2012: NOA2
Oct. 1, 2012: Packet 3 received
Nov. 3, 2012: Packet 4 received
Nov. 15, 2012: Interview - approved!
Jan. 18, 2013: POE New York Seaport
Feb. 2, 2013: Wedding

AOS
March 6, 2013: AOS Package sent
March 12, 2013: I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA's
March 29, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

May 10, 2013: EAD/AP approved
Sept. 5, 2013: "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received
Nov. 2, 2013: AOS approved (no interview)

ROC
Aug. 4, 2015: I-751 sent
Aug. 6, 2015: NOA1 (CSC)
Sept. 4, 2015: Biometrics Appointment
Feb. 10, 2016: ROC approved

Dual Citizenship
Aug. 26, 2016: BBG application sent (permit to retain German citizenship)
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)
Dec. 8, 2016: N-400 sent
Dec. 12, 2016: Priority Date (NBC)

Jan. 9, 2017: Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 31, 2017: In-Line for Interview

Sept. 6, 2017: Interview Scheduled

Oct. 16, 2017: Interview

Oct. 25, 2017: Oath Appointment Letter received

Nov. 1, 2017: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

I entered the U.S. by cruise ship through the new York seaport and didn't have any problems. Maybe contact your port of entry's CBP and make sure they are knowledgeable enough to process k1 visas.

Thank you for answering the question in an educative manner.

Timeline

A&B, that's interesting what you have foundgood.gif. Thank you for searching!

Leon & Mylen, maybe they should reopen it biggrin.pnggood.gif . I just like to travel by ship, and that's my personal preference. I like going on cruises, and I thought I can take my fiance with me. It can, in a way, be like our mini-vacation before getting married, like a preliminary honey moon smile.png .

Timeline

HK12, thank you so very much! I'm happy to know that somebody has already done that dancin5hr.gif ! I am the petitioner, and me is the one who is SO MUCH afraid of flying. I travel by ship/train whenever it's possible. So, I'm currently in Europe and thinking to actually come back home together with my fiance. If you have traveled by a cruise ship already, you probably know that you actually need to pay double if you go by yourself, but if I go with my fiance it would be just perfectkicking.gif !

Edited by Yelena_USA

Well, why not? It is a nice and convenient way to travel. There are people out there who are scared of flying, and that might make it easier for them (it was for me). Also, when I came by cruise ship, I could take as many bags with me as I wanted to, which made moving a lot easier.

Everyone does whatever they feel most comfortable doing. smile.png

Yes, I thought about the fear of flying, so I suppose that could be one advantage. And that's a good point about bringing several bags as opposed to the allowable two by plane.

I suppose I was thinking along the lines of an economic or time advantage, because there is certainly no advantage there lol.

barata-gif-3.gif

Hmmm, interesting. I don't remember that part. My fiance filled out the form and I read it and did not say anything about that. I may mistakenly remember, but one thing I recalled that it asks which place/adress your fiance(e) intend to live in US. I have to check again the form since we, human beings, are tend to make mistakes.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What advantage is there for going by ship?

1. amount of luggage

2. snuggle time. usually measured in weeks.

Disagree. It doesn't matter - no one will be chasing the visa holder who not hits the listed POE from the I129-F, at all.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.