espared12

Same Sex K-1 I-129F Filed

637 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello all,

I have already received my NAO2 on 8/22/13 and yesterday received the letter stating that my packet is now on its way to the NVC. I'm sure all of you can imagine the elation I felt when the NAO2 came, to now know that they can not tell us no anylonger, and are definitely not....at this point anyways. Me and my girlfriend are hoping that we will have her visa by beginning of november. We have already collected all that is required for packet 3 so bring it on NVC!!

When did you file? TSC?

I-129F Mailed: 8/23/13

Received at lockbox in Texas: 8/26/13

Text/Email Received: 8/29/13

Case at: TSC

NOA1 Received: 9/3/2013

Alien number changed: 9/18/2013

No RFE!

Petition Approved: 11/25/2013

Petition sent to the NVC: 12/12/13

Obtained case number: 12/19/2013

Petition sent to the consulate: 12/23/2013

Interview: 01/10/2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

We just received an email update saying "On August 29, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)." what does this exactly mean? we received our NOA1 on Aug 12th

I-129F Sent : 2013-08-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-08-12

NOA2 notice date via email & USCIS website : 2013-10-28

NVC received : 2013-11-19

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just wanted to say I am so happy to hear that same-sex couples can now apply. This is awesome! Best of luck to everyone!

Thank you so much for your well wishes and support! We really do appreciate it.

I just wanted to say I am so happy to hear that same-sex couples can now apply. This is awesome! Best of luck to everyone!

K-1 Timeline

K-1 Interview Result: APPROVED!

Married on 03/12/2014

AOS Timeline

Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765: 04/14/2014

I-485, I-131, I-765 delivered by USPS: 04/15/2014

Check cashed by USCIS: 04/19/2014

I-485, I-131, I-765 NOA: 04/20/2014

I-485 RFE: 05/12/2014

I-485 RFE Received: 5/21/2014

I-131 and I-765 Approved: 06/28/2014

EAD/AP Combo Card Mailed: 07/07/2014

POTENTIAL INTERVIEW WAIVER LETTER DATED 07/29/2014

Card/Document Production: 04/07/2015

Welcome Notice Sent: 04/07/2015

AOS APPROVAL PREDICTION DATE: April 22, 2015 brought to you by good ol' Mountain Dew!

APPROVED!!!! 04/07/2015

Timeline

It means that an Alien Registration Number has been assigned to the beneficiary. This would be the A number that will be on the visa if approved.

We just received an email update saying "On August 29, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)." what does this exactly mean? we received our NOA1 on Aug 12th

K-1 Timeline

Married on 03/12/2014

AOS Timeline

AOS APPROVAL PREDICTION DATE: April 22, 2015 brought to you by good ol' Mountain Dew!

APPROVED!!!! 04/07/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

It means that an Alien Registration Number has been assigned to the beneficiary. This would be the A number that will be on the visa if approved.

But this in no way means that we're closer to getting our approval right? when i looked it up here some people say it has no significance when it comes to that, and some got their NOA2 shortly after, but this would be too soon i guess. just got optimistic once i got the E-mail but at least it means they're working on it maybe smile.png

Edited by moeab

I-129F Sent : 2013-08-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-08-12

NOA2 notice date via email & USCIS website : 2013-10-28

NVC received : 2013-11-19

Timeline

I got as excited as you did when I got the same message. It definitely is a step forward but its standard procedure. Its a waiting game after that notification. The good news is that all k-1 visa applications are being transferred to the Texas Service Center and people have been getting REALLY quick approvals.

K-1 Timeline

Married on 03/12/2014

AOS Timeline

APPROVED!!!! 04/07/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Unless they have changed the way they print the visas approved at Juarez, the A# will not be printed on the visa. The A# can be found on the NOA2 approval notice for the I-129F near the beneficiary's name.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I'll happily join in the congratulations to everyone, ourselves included, in now proceeding with the K-1 visa process. We waited until the DOMA ruling, then took some time to gather our documents and finally submitted everything a couple of weeks ago. Yes, it's a long wait now, but we're happy to have started the ball rolling. Look forward to following everyone's progress and am very stoked that some same-sex couples already have their NOA2. Exciting days indeed.

Hello everyone! I started this forum for people that will be looking into and filing a I-129F application for their same sex partners. I have to say that VisaJourney.com is an extremely helpful website to gather information on how to create and arrange your K-1 package. I used this website's Step by Step guide to create my package, http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide. I decided to take on this venture on my own after being turned away by a local Immigration Lawyer. Another awesome website is ImmigrationEquality.com. These guys have poured their souls into fighting for same sex rights. I am extremely grateful that they fought without giving up and in huge part we are here because of their help. I have emailed them with questions about this process and they do reply back with any questions I have. They might take a few days to reply, but I can only imagine what their inbox looks like, so it's understandable. They also work with and train lawyers all over the country about same sex immigration. They can refer you to lawyers, unfortunately no lawyers in my local area participate.

I have been with my fiance for 10 years, 10 wonderful years. I can't say it hasn't been tough, but I think I have had it easy compared to other people. I live in El Paso, TX, which is just a border hop to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, where my fiance lives. Jumping back and forth on a daily basis has been hard, but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat if I had to. The day section 3 of DOMA was demolished I was with my fiance. I sat staring at the TV in disbelief. I was scared, excited, happy, and nervous all at the same time. I started working on the I-129F application that same day.

I filled out the I-129F application, making sure to fill in every question. Please read through the application's instructions a few times so that you feel comfortable filling it out. I created my 1-129F Cover letter, and our letters of intent to marry from the templates on this website. I only changed one thing on the letter of intent to marry letters, and that was to include that we had every intent to marry within 90 days of entry into the United States in a state where it is lawful. As far as evidence of our relationship, I knew I only had to send 3-5 pictures, but I sent 26. I included pictures documenting the 10 years we have been together. I figured what more evidence can I send to prove we've been together in an ongoing relationship than pictures that document our aging together. I did not send letters or anything more. I am not saying you should not send, every situation is different. I did go to my bank and requested a temp check to pay for the application fee. This way I would be able to see the day USCIS cashed my check.

I think I must have checked my package about 50 times before I placed it in an Express Mail package and sealed it. I did not buy a fancy folder, nor did I include fancy cover letters for every section of the package. I made things easy for whomever was going to open the package. I paid for Express Mail to have peace of mind, and to get it their faster. It turned out it wasn't going to be as fast as I wanted. I went to the post office on July 19th, a Friday. The USPS employee told me it would not be delivered Saturday because of course U.S. Government buildings are not open on Saturdays. He did assure me that delivery was guaranteed and they would deliver Monday, July 22nd. Sure enough, I checked on Monday and it had been signed for and delivered. I was not expecting USCIS to send me and NOA1 or even cash my check until maybe a week or two after. I checked my bank app on July 25th in the morning and saw that USCIS had cashed my check. A few hours later I received an email from USCIS stating they had accepted my package, NOA1. I was completely extatic! I know NOA1 is not a big deal, but still this was very exciting for me and my fiance. I did not think I would be getting more notifications until 5 months or so, but on July 30th I got another notification stating that my Alien Registration Number had changed relating to my I-129F, Petition for Fiance.

I know my journey has just started, and I still have a long wait ahead of me, but I hope this information is useful for someone else. I hope people use this forum to also document their same sex K-1 journey. I will continue to update this forum as time progresses. I really do hope I am helping someone else out with this forum. Please feel free to use this forum for your questions and to share your journeys! dancin5hr.gif

Thank you so much for starting this forum. My fiancee and I - been together 7.5yrs are putting together our packet now. Good luck to you and good luck to us!!!! As for the "proof" we are sending photos as well as a few itineraries for travel however I Wish I had more receipts etc.I wish we would've kept more things. We are also sending two wedding invitations from friends's weddings over the past two years and our photos at the wedding. That should corroborate the date I think...maybe. I don't know. Any help we can get before we send off this packet will be greatly appreciated. :)

I'm the Beneficiarydancin5hr.gif

Sept 7th, 2013 = K1 Visa Application Submitted

Sept 18th, 2013 = NOA 1 via e-mail - Case Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center

Sept 27th 2013= Received NOA1 hard copy

Oct 5th-12th 2013 = Had an AMAZING week together and now back to waiting...ClockWatch2.gif

February 12th 2014 = Five month mark passed. Service request ordered. They said in 27days we should have an answer.

March 15th 2014 = ALIEN REGISTRATION NUMBER CHANGED! FINALLY! dancin5hr.gif

May 31st-June 11th 2014 -Spent a Beautiful week and a half together and got a huge surprise on the day before she left. :D

June 10th 2014 = PETITION APPROVED!!! Hallelujah! :dance:

August 8th 2014 = Medical. Results: Passed

September 23rd 2014= INTERVIEW: APPROVED! so happy!!!!!!!

September 25-28th 2014 = System Error prevents VISA from being issued. :cry:

September 29th 2014= VISA in hand :dancing:

September30th 2014= Entered the USA :thumbs:
December 22nd 2014=MARRIED :)

March 18th 2015 = Filed AOS

April 3rd 2015 = Received NOA1 hard copies

June 20th 2015 = Received EAD/AP card in mail :)

July 28th 2015 = Received Notice of Potential Interview waiver :mellow:

Feb 29th 2016= FINALLY! RECEIVED MY GREENCARD! :dancing:

January 26th, 2018: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions 

Feb 2nd 2018: Received NOA1

Thank you so much for starting this forum. My fiancee and I - been together 7.5yrs are putting together our packet now. Good luck to you and good luck to us!!!! As for the "proof" we are sending photos as well as a few itineraries for travel however I Wish I had more receipts etc.I wish we would've kept more things. We are also sending two wedding invitations from friends's weddings over the past two years and our photos at the wedding. That should corroborate the date I think...maybe. I don't know. Any help we can get before we send off this packet will be greatly appreciated. smile.png

You need to focus on the two years prior to filing your petition. You need to show proof that you have met in the last 2 years - primary evidence is boarding passes (better than plane tickets as they do not definitively prove that you traveled), passport stamps. Photos are secondary evidence. Other evidence you can produce is anything that shows you in your fiancee's home town and you in theirs. Credit card receipts for gas or meals is a good example.

Good luck with your future life together. This equality of opportunity is great, although it should have happened years ago. If only everyone would be able to get married in every US state, that would be better.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'll happily join in the congratulations to everyone, ourselves included, in now proceeding with the K-1 visa process. We waited until the DOMA ruling, then took some time to gather our documents and finally submitted everything a couple of weeks ago. Yes, it's a long wait now, but we're happy to have started the ball rolling. Look forward to following everyone's progress and am very stoked that some same-sex couples already have their NOA2. Exciting days indeed.

Hello.... congratulations to you too!!!! It is a big stone for all of us who are in this situation.... wow! we literatlly filed almot together but at different Service Center... my application was received on the 26th... I have not gotten a notification that the Alien number has changed so crossing fingers for that... I already got my NOA1 in the mail today..... my case is at TSC.... keep us posted.... and good luck on your journey....

¡Felicidades!

I-129F Mailed: 8/23/13

Received at lockbox in Texas: 8/26/13

Text/Email Received: 8/29/13

Case at: TSC

NOA1 Received: 9/3/2013

Alien number changed: 9/18/2013

No RFE!

Petition Approved: 11/25/2013

Petition sent to the NVC: 12/12/13

Obtained case number: 12/19/2013

Petition sent to the consulate: 12/23/2013

Interview: 01/10/2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I can't wait to find out something more - seems like the hardest part of this process is just the waiting! I hate that "Initial Review" - always staring me down, feels like it's mocking me or something!

I am at the Texas Service Center and also heard that people seem to be getting approvals quickly, but I can't help but wonder if the same-sex ones are going to take a bit longer to process. I hope there is no chance that the decisions will be affected by any personal opinions of the people reviewing them. I know the law has changed, but I can't help but acknowledge that so many people still don't approve - I hope they don't drag our cases out longer or look at them more critically because of their own belief.

Anyway - I will be glad to finally know what is happening with my case - the anticipation is killing me!

My VJ timeline is getting later now - used to be getting earlier each time I checked... but it used to be Nov. 2 - 23 or something.... now it is Nov. 12 - Dec. 6 :(

Edited by Sarah---Nichelle

Sent the package to Texas: 2013-07-18
I-129F NOA1: 2013-07-23

Alien ID #: 2013-07-30

I-129F Transferred from Vermont to Texas: 2013-08-12
I-129F NOA2: 2013-10-01 @ ~ 9:30pm East. Online Approval
I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy: 2013-10-07
Sent to NVC: 2013-10-03
NVC Received: 2013-10-10
Called DOS for case #: 2013-10-15
CEAC Status Change: 2013-10-15 ** In-Transit - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center. **

CEAC Status Change: 2013-10-17 ** Ready - Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section **

Consulate Received: 2013-10-17

Packet 3 Received: 2013-10-18
DS-160 Completed Online: 2013-10-22
DS-160 & Biopage Mailed to Embassy: 2013-10-23
DS-160 Issue with Embassy: 2013-10-30
DS-160 Issue Resolved - Embassy's Mistake: 2013-10-31
Interview Date & Medical Info Received: 2013-10-31
Interview Scheduled for ****: 2013-12-05 ** Beneficiary had brought the wrong version of the birth certificate - so we had to come back to drop off the correct "International Certificate"
Second Interview Scheduled for****: 2013-12-10 ** Dropped off the correct "International Birth Certificate," - We are APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i suggest you guys to create a LGBT K1 group on FACEBOOK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.