Batunde

U.S. Citizen not allowed in U.K.

154 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I thought a Nigerian would need a Visa?

The OP is also a US citizen. US citizens don't need a visa to visit the UK as a tourist.

UK immigration is notorious for finding any reason to deny Africans at the border. One of my friends is Kenyan; the stories he tells about UK immigration would turn your hair white. :angry: I don't doubt that there's some racism involved there, and a lot of incorrect assumptions about the intentions of any Africans that show up in the UK.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jayzueus, just let it go. Did you now that people get bounced from entering the US for the very same thing? White, European people even.

Go google it; you will find plenty of stories.

Hmm, I guess the world is not what I perceived it to be. Meauxna, that your first word mean Jesus or what?

I am just curious....so why did you have your CV in your luggage if you were not intending to use it or work???? Cannt say I have ever taken my on hols with me :)

Yor reply makes no sense....

This thread makes no sense... :blink: I wonder why...

Did you really have to revive this one year old thread?

Heck I didnt realise it was a year old thread !!!!!!!! I am just curious is this day and age and all the immigration stuff youd do something so stupid as to bring a CV with u on a "vacation".

Hmm.. guess didn't realize it..I thought it didn't make sense..

Edited by Karin und Otto

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I thought the same thing! I was all "huh?". Doesn't take much to make me think that though... :lol:

Timeline

No kidding.. and oh my typos!

Jayzeus is sort of non=blasphemous blasphemy. Jesus/Zeus/whatever.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline
This was a great thread....but the bump is just ?????

Was this linked as a related topic somewhere or did someone actually go back 5 zillion pages? :blink:

I agree, actually can't work out HOW people find these old threads. I mean there must be hundreds in front of them....????

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Well i can say that having a fiance refused entry based on nothing more than an immigration officer at Gatwick`s "feeling" is really ###### shitty and the attitude soem of you have makes me ashamed to be human nevermind being white or anything else.

That ticket cost me over £500 which is about 3 weeks wages on my current agency work(which i do while i wait on my visa). Not only can i not afford to pay that kind of money for flights but to then not see my love is simply not acceptable.

People in this thread have been saying they were right to check you out and detain you and stop you? Well who gave them the right? Was it the german queen? Or perhaps it was the prime minister who puts u.k. citizens at risk everyday by making children in place like Iraq and Afghanistan into angry orphans.

There should be no borders as borders are divisive. When people can not be with their loved ones they get angry. I don`t think an immigration official should tell me where i can go.

I looked into my legal side through a friend of a friend who is a barrister. She said that you don`t have right to appeal or anything because the visa waiver is exactly what it says. You sign it and waive your right to appeal any decision.

Finally i will state that naturally immigration is racist and of course it operates on stereotypes. I am sure that anybody given a job where they simply decide who to let in is going to be biased in some way. It is sadly a racist intolerent and poorly educated world and the lest tolerant and least educated seem to be in power.

oh p.s.

Those who say hey i was stopped and i am white totally miss the point i think. It is not just about skin colour. You might have had a rucksack for example. I guarantee that next time i go through gatwick i get picked for a random spot check. I do everytime so far i think. I am not black but i am young and i don`t wear a suit and i probably look like a terrorist to a small minded immigration official.

Please give me your address, I am going to bring everyone I can to you house, because you are obviously better off than other people and that is just unfair. So I am going to bring everyone I can to yours to eat you out of house and home. Oh and how dare you have furniture when people have to live in boxes, we are going to take your furniture. Please turn over you bank card and pin because....... I think you get the point.

Don't be ridiculous, if you really feel that strongly start a commune.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

At first I was thinking, wow we haven't seen Yabasta in awhile. Then I hit the section with the Queen and it was deja vu allllll over again.

Even better thread the second time around. :lol:

Edited by derekkj

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.