itsnews2

Visa Approve and Expired (merged)

20 posts in this topic

Hi there to all VJ Members ,

I got my visa approved last april 3 and will be expired on Aug.25 2013. I am very concern and curious if i can extend my stay here in the Philippines? if Not if i needed to exit the Philippines, is it okay if i can exit on Aug.24, 2013? Any info much appreciated from our end. Thanks alots

Have a Great day again.God bless us All

Geri

[/color]

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't push it too close to the expiry date. Delays during and in-between flights can mean trouble for you at POE.

Just my two cents.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey - guess what?

Landing at Guam and activating yer CR-1/IR-1 visa COUNTS!

You can turn around same day, if you want .

Check prices and schedules, and refactor that plan !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Hi there again ,

if i get a round trip ticket /return to the philippines on next day can be still okay for me even though i still have no green card? are there allowed me to exit any US Territory?

Thanks

[/color]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

How long will you need to stay out? When you enter the US/ US territory, you will get a stamp in your passport that acts as a temp greencard, so you can travel, like Darnell says.But you are supposed to be a resident of the USA, so don;t stay out too long- a few weeks or months is fine, but I wouldn;t push it past 6.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Hi there again ,

if i get a round trip ticket /return to the philippines on next day can be still okay for me even though i still have no green card? are there allowed me to exit any US Territory?

Thanks

Yup.

Why, you ask ?

Because once you are INSIDE the POE in Guam, a USA CBP Officer stamps yer passport and makes entry into the computer and takes yer huge visa packet.

You can turn around same day, next day, next week, it doesn't matter.

What just happened? Your VISA was ACTIVATED at the POE, and a new calendar for 'lawful presence in the USA' starts. The stamp you just received also endorses the VISA to be utilized as a 1 year temporary green card. With yer passport, and the stuff inside of it, you can transit in and out of the USA for up to a year.

However, you cannot remain out of the USA for longer than 6 months, using the method that I've described - as IF YOU DO, it will appear to USCIS that yer abandoning yer residency status and the greencard will be voided at some point, somewhere.

---

So, when you study your calendar for what to do, when to do, will this be 'a plan' that will work for you, or no?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Hi Darnell ,

Thanks for the reply and very helpful info.My plan is to get a round trip ticket going to Guam/Hawaii and then stay for a night there and turn around and go back to Philippines. Is this ok and acceptable? yes i know once i enter the POE they want me to do picture, and fingerprinting plus they stamp my Philippine passport. i wondered if they let me out if i turn aroung next day and also even i dont have a green card yet since i am a CR1 holder. we all know that the greencard will be sent to the home address in the US which consider my mother in law who will recive it and sent to me over to the Fed ex here in the Philippines. Is this okay plan? if not which one is right and wrong in my plan.? Thanks again..

Best Regards

Geri

[/color]

Timeline

Geri - please reread my stuff to you, twice.

Then ask yer question again.

Timeline

ok la - let us know what the plan is, aye?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there to all VJ Members,

My Visa is about to expired this coming Aug.25,2013, i am curious if i can extend it ? if not what should i do? Any answer much appreciated. Thanks

Have a great day to all

Geri

[/color]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I DON´T THINK SO¡¡¡¡¡¡. IF YOU VISA EXPIRED YOU HAVE TO START THE PROCESS AGAIN.

• USCIS: MSCxoxoxoxox
  • 12/13/2012 - I-130 Sent
  • 12/17/2012 - NOA1 Received
  • 05/03/2013 - NOA2 Received (4 months and 20 days)
  • NVC:
  • 05/31/2013 - Case # assigned (2 months and 22 days) long wait¡¡¡¡¡¡
  • 05/31/2013 - E-mailed DS-3032
  • 06/07/2013 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID BILL
  • 06 07/2013 - DS-3032 Accepted
  • 06/14/2012 - IV bill invoiced & PAID BILL
  • 06/24/2013 - IV BILL Package sent
  • 06/25/2013 - IV BILL Package arrives at NVC
  • 07/22/2013 - Check List I846
  • 07/24/2013 - Sent Check List I846 and 2 legal documents
  • 07/31/2013 - Check List registred at NVC
  • 08/22/2013 - Case Complete
  • 08/26/2013 - Interview date given
  • 08/30/2013 - Sent to Colombia Embassy
  • 09/03/2013 - @ Bogota - Colombia Embassy
  • 09/17/2013 - Blood Test
  • 09/23/2013 - Vaccines (Inluenza / Varicela / Tetano / Hepatitis B)
  • 09/25/2013 - Medicals
  • 10/11/2013 - Interview
  • 10/15/2013 - visa has been printed. If you see AP in any moment don't have panic Lol. Was in my status all the morning this day!
  • 10/17/2013 - Received e-mail telling me that my visa was at DHL BOGOTA, COL
  • 10/21/2013 - VISA GIVEN
  • 10/23/2013 - 165 dol PAID
  • 10/25/2013 - FINALLY USA, FL God is Huge!!!!! FLL
  • 10/28/2013 - SOCIAL application
  • 10/29/2013 - SOCIAL number
  • 11/03/2013 - card in hand ssn
  • 11/xx/2013 - GREEN CARD

I hope this long journey be of great help to a lot of people, and Good Luck 2 everyone!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.