hoopy507

Inlaws from China wish to extend their stay???

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OK...Inlaws are here from China and have to leave in September 20...Im american and wife is Chinese with a perm res. status...just had a baby and have Visa Journey to thank for all my silly questions i got answered ...this is an awesome site...anyway.. I want to extend the inlaws stay....i know i need to file an I539 but do i send the passport and the I94 with the app or just copies of everything but the I94...I know i need to write a really good letter too and pay the fee and im doing it this week so any answers or help in this process would be helpful...and thank you all for helping me get the wife here and have the life I wanted to show her..we are very happy and the baby is beautiful...It took me awhile to get her here but we are happier than ever..also anyone needing info on China visa stuff I can help a bit so just ask...Dan and Xiangxiang in Ohio.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

You didn't read

Go back, look at the helpful tips, particularly letter B

Good luck

USCIS
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011

Citizenship

Waited...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

...Also remember that your in-laws are filing an application to extend their stay...it's not your application so be careful it doesn't look like you are petitioning for them.

Another thing to be cautious of is the reason they want to extend their stay, sometimes helping or caring for grandkids is considered working.

Timeline

Sometimes?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Thank you Operator...and yes I know I cant use the new baby as a reason...I just hope seeing more of America as a tourist will be enough..not really sure what to write...but thank you for your wisdom...and Boiler...cant you give advice instead od ill comments...please dont reply to my post again...Im serious on this site as most are.

Timeline

How long were they granted to stay in the US?

Why would they need more time? Make sure you outline why their allotted time wasn't enough for tourism.

Good luck

USCIS
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011

Citizenship

Waited...

Timeline

They were given 6 months and its been 4 since they arrived..the baby just came and we want them to see more of America and the beaches and they are in their 70's so we may not go back to China to see them for awhile...so feel its best to have them stay a bit longer and so I can show them more stuff here since the baby is getting bigger and able to travel now..thank you for your reply..Dan

Timeline

There is no harm in applying for an extension assuming they have no plans to return to the US in the near future.

I give them credit for the energy levels, many people of that age would not be up to all that tourism.

Timeline

Well they eat better than I ever have and walk all over this small town..got Dad his American fishing license and he is crazy for fishin now...peace.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

If the extensions are denied and their I-94s have expired, they automatically go out of status. Thus, their visitor visas are automatically revoked.

http://www.**.com/visitor-visa-extension/visitors-visa-extension-denied.html

Timeline

my other ? is do i have to pay the one time fee or do i have to pay for both of them...since thier both on the same extension app do I just pay the one fee of 290 cash???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.