NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

what really borders me is that, someone that we entered into US the same day, paid his immigrant fee after 3weeks he entered and got his card in one week. I paid my fee, the second day i entered and going to 2months now, no card yet. So, i don't really know how it works like....

Sometimes it is faster to get the card if you pay after you enter. If you wait the first 2 or 3 weeks then they have your info in their system and send you a letter saying to pay the fee. Then when you pay the fee, the fee and the info are matched up quickly. But sometimes it also takes longer.

It's the USCIS. We should all know by now that everything through them is like drawing names out of a bucket; random.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Question...so it's perfectly normal to not have an address listed in Elis? And this won't cause any issue right? Because the process to put an address in seems complicated and I just don't want to mess anything up.

FYI..address the same though process from application to Poe

Timeline

@NLR....can i travel to canada with one year stamped in my passport! Without a visa? Cos i understand that, as a green card holder, someone can travel to canada without visa. But i don't know with 1 year stamp!!

Timeline

Yay the status on the Elis page has updated again from May 6th to July 10th I pray any day now we will see closed. The joy of waiting......

Mr. & Mrs. Adigun

Timeline

@lovingadiguns, what kind of update pls?

It was just a new status update on the ELIS page. The first update was May6th after my husbands POE on May 5th. We are hoping at any time the status will go from processing to closed so he will have his green card before long.

Mr. & Mrs. Adigun

@lovingadiguns. I know, but what is update about? Cos i really wanna compare to mine also!! Thanks...

Sometimes it's just a date change on the status.

Mine started 14th April, then went 26th May, 1st June, 30th June, 1st July and now it's on 9th July.

I've been 'Optimized' since April 16th.

Timeline

@davebrit73. oh i see. But where do u get this update date on elis? Because my only says...case recieved date Feb 25th and and payment submitted 20/may. So, where do yall check update date on elis again?

@NLR....can i travel to canada with one year stamped in my passport! Without a visa? Cos i understand that, as a green card holder, someone can travel to canada without visa. But i don't know with 1 year stamp!!

Stamped visa IS a green card. Read the visa.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

@davebrit73. oh i see. But where do u get this update date on elis? Because my only says...case recieved date Feb 25th and and payment submitted 20/may. So, where do yall check update date on elis again?

So yours doesn't look like this?

Receipt ID: IOExxxxxxxxxx

Request Type: USCIS Immigrant Fee

Case Received Date: Jun 1, 2015

Received as: E-file

Status Date: Jul 8, 2015

Payment: Submitted

You need to give it 90 days from the payment date, May 20th. So August 18, 2015.

If you still don't have your green card by then, contact the USCIS and speak to a supervisor. They may put in a service request. If you don't have it by the end of the service request, have your USC spouse contact their congressman or senator.

@davebrit73. My looks like this, but its the same date since it has been optimized and in process. Never change date!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.