NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

hi is there anyone here where GC is ordered in production last February and no updates til now? I know its still early March but when i look at the timeline of others, once it is ordered in production they will receive it within a couple of days. Just wanna know if my there's nothing wrong with mine. thanks.

Have you checked you IOE number on the USCIS case status to see if they have sent it yet? Is your address correct in your ELIS account?

hi everybody, i have question plz. ,my port of entry was Feb 2 , i still have not got my green card , in elis website they accepted my payment maid on November , not switched to optimized yet , is this normal ? is there anybody who entered in the begining of Feb and has not received yet the green card? thanks

it takes at least a month from POE and lately has been taking 2-3 months. It's okay because your endorsed visa in your passport acts as a temporary green card for a year, so you have a green card, just not the "card." :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes my address is correct and i check it once in a while and it still says in production. Im just a bit worried because i saw other timelines and just after a week or few days after production their cards are already being sent.

hi is there anyone here where GC is ordered in production last February and no updates til now? I know its still early March but when i look at the timeline of others, once it is ordered in production they will receive it within a couple of days. Just wanna know if my there's nothing wrong with mine. thanks.

I'm a bit puzzled at ours. 3 of the 4 went into production on 21 Feb, in the mail on 25 Feb and arrived on 27 Feb. The 4th went into production on 24th Feb and is still in production. I'm not sure whether to be patient (they do say to allow them 30 days) or whether to inquire after it. (Even more bizarrely, the 4th one went to "optimized" a day before the other three.)

Timeline

I'm a bit puzzled at ours. 3 of the 4 went into production on 21 Feb, in the mail on 25 Feb and arrived on 27 Feb. The 4th went into production on 24th Feb and is still in production. I'm not sure whether to be patient (they do say to allow them 30 days) or whether to inquire after it. (Even more bizarrely, the 4th one went to "optimized" a day before the other three.)

Mine went to production Feb21 and until now there's no update. Have you inquire about the the 4th GC? Pls tell me if you have any update with yours. Btw, I have an infopass appointment nextweek just to be sure cause i also need to travel.

Mine went to production Feb21 and until now there's no update. Have you inquire about the the 4th GC? Pls tell me if you have any update with yours. Btw, I have an infopass appointment nextweek just to be sure cause i also need to travel.

Actually I feel a bit better now as I was worried the 4th got lost, but if yours is still there from around the same time it's probably ok.

Is your temporary I551 still valid? In other words are you less than a year from entering? If so you are fine to travel with that.

Timeline

Actually I feel a bit better now as I was worried the 4th got lost, but if yours is still there from around the same time it's probably ok.

Is your temporary I551 still valid? In other words are you less than a year from entering? If so you are fine to travel with that.

yes it's still valid, but i call the uscis and they said that it is better to have an infopass appointment for them to see my stamp.

Filed: Timeline

hi everybody, i have question plz. ,my port of entry was Feb 2 , i still have not got my green card , in elis website they accepted my payment maid on November , not switched to optimized yet , is this normal ? is there anybody who entered in the begining of Feb and has not received yet the green card? thanks

Hi Sara. My situation is same (POE Feb 1). i am going to check it again like 20 days later. i am not going to check it before bc it gives me stress.

Please let me know when your's is optimized.

Have you checked you IOE number on the USCIS case status to see if they have sent it yet? Is your address correct in your ELIS account?

it takes at least a month from POE and lately has been taking 2-3 months. It's okay because your endorsed visa in your passport acts as a temporary green card for a year, so you have a green card, just not the "card." smile.png

Yeah. when i was in new york they told me that passport is ok to use within 1 year instead of green card.

but i have a question.

On April 15th my passport will have 6 months to expire, if i get a new passport will i be able to use new for passport and old for that stamp thing smile.png ?

Edited by gokhan8282

it takes at least a month from POE and lately has been taking 2-3 months. It's okay because your endorsed visa in your passport acts as a temporary green card for a year, so you have a green card, just not the "card." smile.png

Yeah. when i was in new york they told me that passport is ok to use within 1 year instead of green card.

but i have a question.

On April 15th my passport will have 6 months to expire, if i get a new passport will i be able to use new for passport and old for that stamp thing :) ?

but i have a question.

On April 15th my passport will have 6 months to expire, if i get a new passport will i be able to use new for passport and old for that stamp thing :) ?

Yes. The validity of a visa or in this case temporary I551 is not dependent on the validity of the passport. Just ensure that you don't lose the old passport/ give it back to them.

Hi Sara. My situation is same (POE Feb 1). i am going to check it again like 20 days later. i am not going to check it before bc it gives me stress.

Please let me know when your's is optimized.

but i have a question.

On April 15th my passport will have 6 months to expire, if i get a new passport will i be able to use new for passport and old for that stamp thing smile.png ?

Hi gokhan, i will let you know when my status change to optimized, lets inform each other if there is any update , it give me stress too to check the status every day , i wish good luck to everybody

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Date of entry = 27th Jan.

Just checked my elis and today it has gone to optimized YAYYYYYY.

I already got my SS# saturday just gone.

Waiting for GC now yipeeee.

Just dont know how long the wait will be but will update when it arrives. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

checking in - no movement since pay-ing on 9 FEB, save for my wife beating me with a sledgehammer, daily, interspersing the words 'Where <pound> is <pound> my <pound> green <pound> card <pound> ? <pound>/

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Just dont know how long the wait will be but will update when it arrives. smile.png

Hii friend!!! It's so nice to know about you! You can check my timeline to have an idea how much you have to wait... :)

My F2A Journey

07.03.2012 Hubby sent I-130

07.06.2012 NOA1 (USCIS-CSC)

07.09.2013 NOA2 (USCIS website)

07.16.2013 NOA2 (hard copy received)

07.29.2013 Case arrived NVC

08.05.2013 Case # and Invoice ID # received. DS-3032 sent via e-mail

08.07.2013 Received AOS fee invoice via e-mail. Paid AOS fee $88

08.08.2013 AOS fee status "PAID"

08.12.2013 Sent AOS

08.20.2013 DS-3032 accepted / AOS entered into the system for review

08.21.2013 Received IV fee invoice. Paid IV fee $230

08.23.2013 IV fee status "PAID". Submitted DS-260 online. Sent IV package

09.04.2013 IV package entered into the system for review

09.17.2013 Received AOS checklist

09.18.2013 Sent response to AOS checklist

09.26.2013 IV package & DS-260 accepted / Response to AOS checklist entered into the system for review

10.18.2013 CASE COMPLETE

10.26.2013 Case complete e-mail received

10.28.2013 Interview letter received

11.04.2013 CEAC status "IN TRANSIT"

11.05.2013 CEAC status "READY"

11.18.2013 Medical Exam

12.05.2013 INTERVIEW!! (at US embassy in Lima) APPROVED!!!!!!

12.09.2013 CEAC status "ISSUED"

12.10.2013 Visa delivered

12.16.2013 Paid USCIS Immigrant Fee $165

12.17.2013 POE IAH (Houston) "ADMITTED"

02.13.2014 ELIS status "OPTIMIZED" - In Process

02.18.2014 ELIS status "OPTIMIZED" - Card Production

02.21.2014 ELIS status "CLOSED" - Card Produced

02.24.2014 Card delivered

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Just dont know how long the wait will be but will update when it arrives. smile.png

Take a look at my timeline too justoleme ...

Just be patient ... I know it is hard ... rolleyes.gif

GC & SSN
07-05-2013: Immigrant fee - $165 - paid
12-15-2013: POE Detroit
02-04-2014: ELIS - CASE STATUS: OPTIMIZED (Case received: 01-02-2014. STATUS DETAILS: In Process)
02-11-2014: USCIS - "Your new card is being produced etc...."
02-14-2014: USCIS - Card has been picked up by USPS - ELIS is down
02-15-2014: GC delivered!
Removal of Condition
11-16-2015: I-751 Petition sent to the California Center
11-19-2015: Petition received (UPS)
11-19-2015: NOA USCIS
11-23-2015: Check of $590 (Petion Fees) cashed
12-23-2015: Biometrics
05-05-2016: RFE
08-15-2016: Interview (positive)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Card went into production today!

Hopefully it'll get picked up by USPS for delivery sometime next week.

A great feeling to almost reach the end of my IR-1 journey/process!

Timeline after visa approval

Immigrant fee paid on ELIS - Jan 24th

POE - Jan 25th

Update on GC and SSN

(as of March 14th, 2014)

ELIS status - Closed (Card produced)

USCIS case check with receipt number (starts with IOE) - Card delivered in the mail

SSN - Received (Went to SSA location to apply for one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Naturalization Process

N-400 package mailed in - Nov 7th

Payment posted on cc account - Nov 10th

NOA (hard copy) - Nov 14th

Biometrics - Dec 7th

In Line - Dec 27th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.