cicitsang

waiting 2 months no oath ceremony

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

i live in west palm beach,ans pass my interview in APR 4,i do apply name change,but no oath ceremony until now?i check the USCIS CASE STATUS,is going be "On May 2, 2013, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.",i do want to know have some one live close to me? or same waiting???

thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Do you know of judicial oath ceremonies take place frequently in your area? You have a name change, so you would need to do a judicial oath.

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Do you know of judicial oath ceremonies take place frequently in your area? You have a name change, so you would need to do a judicial oath.

i called USCIS customer service ,just told me to waiting ,after the Interview pass,they need to working with my case 120 days,i have no choice to waiting everyday,sad!!!!!

but anyway ,thank you reply me!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's also possible that your area does not hold oath ceremonies on a biweekly or monthly basis.

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I don't know how the Judicial Process regarding oaths go, but WPB is one of the ASCs that do Oaths very often, maybe every day or more... there are lots and lots of immigrants. Every time we have ever gone in there they are doing Oaths.

Timeline

I don't know how the Judicial Process regarding oaths go, but WPB is one of the ASCs that do Oaths very often, maybe every day or more... there are lots and lots of immigrants. Every time we have ever gone in there they are doing Oaths.

Hi,you mean you doing oaths in west palm beach?do you change name too?i am waiting over two months already !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

i live in west palm beach,ans pass my interview in APR 4,i do apply name change,but no oath ceremony until now?i check the USCIS CASE STATUS,is going be "On May 2, 2013, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.",i do want to know have some one live close to me? or same waiting???

thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!

At my "local" office there's just 1 per month. That's in Des Moines. In the town closest me they have 4 a year (one every 3 months) so i don't think 2 months is too bad just yet.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My interview in Salt Lake City was March 28th, which was too late to slot me into the April 1 oath ceremony. The next oath ceremony was June 12. So yeah, a 2.5 to 3 month delay for an oath ceremony is not impossible, even in a biggish city, if you get unlucky with the timing.

SLC oath ceremonies average 400ish people at a time. So that gives you some idea what kind of total volumes they deal with.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Strictly up to your field office manager, crazy, the last one at St. Paul was taking up to nine months, she wanted a big long line ceremony, and also was having problems finding a place to hold over 3,000 applicants.

She is history now, new one is giving same day oaths, a heck of a lot more efficient, but that is provided you are lucky enough to get an apppointment in the AM. Unfortunately, my step daughter had hers in the afternoon, but holding monthly ceremonies in the field office now. So we had to make yet another 450 mile round trip for that lip syncing service, watch some boring videos, and get that piece of paper. And didn't even have to sign that certificate in front of an officer. But was told to make sure it was correct or will cost us another long delay and an extra 400 bucks.

Just saying I know your frustration, and all caused by an idiot office manager. You already read and signed your oath in front of your IO.

I got around this with my wife with a friendly question to my senators office, he wanted her to be able to vote, so called that old office manager to set up a special oath ceremony, just three days later. There, they could hear my wife repeat the oath, handed her, her certificate and left. But to get there on time, had to leave at 2:00 AM in the morning. Again she never signed her certificate, just handed it to her. We had her certificate signing ceremony at home.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

That is so wired for west palm beach... We went through that office from application to oath in like 72 days total (no name changes)! I would make an infopass appointment... They do oaths 2x a week. They were super helpful at that office....

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

hi,everyone,i already appt infopass july 11,it's i waiting time over 3 omths,hope they can help me. it possible i decide cancle my name change,if need long waiting,,,i am so up sad!!!

hope i can luckly get good news within 2 weeks

Edited by cicitsang

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hi,everyone,i already appt infopass july 11,it's i waiting time over 3 omths,hope they can help me. it possible i decide cancle my name change,if need long waiting,,,i am so up sad!!!

hope i can luckly get good news within 2 weeks

Now that's the thing to do - get in to the local office on an infopass, and find out what's going on !

Usually the person behind the glass doesn't know too much, so ask for the floor supervisor and then inquire about the queue for the oath and your place in the queue.

Yeah!i get my ceremony letter today, date : 26 July,i am so happy, finally ,i waiting 3 months!

yay ! congratulations !!

whatcha cooking, to celebrate the postal mail ? alligator jiaozi sounds yummy !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.