9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hey, I'm a little nervous about my Fiancee's upcoming interview, and she REALLY is.

I am confident everything is fine EXCEPT the I-135's that she will be submitting at the time of the interview in Warsaw. I gave them to her when I was visiting her in April. The problem is, on my I-135 form at the time I filled it out, I had only one job and only made a little over $16,000 a year. I left BLANK the field for how much money I have in the bank because I was going to fill it in later to get a more accurate number, but forgot all about it when I was in Poland and am now gone and unable to put a figure in that field, and my fiancee will not tamper with it, which I understand. I also had my mother fill out an I-135 in case the CO had a problem with how much money I make a year, but my mother made a couple weird mistakes on her form that have me concerned. In Section 3 of the I-135, she put "FIANCEE" under "Relationship to Sponsor" (she copied that part from my form), and she also filled out question 10 with my fiancee's name and relationship as FIANCEE and date submitted as the date I SUBMITTED the original petition. Everything else on the form my mother filled out is fine. Her income, her info, my fiancee's info, and she signed it and even typed in "FUTURE MOTHER IN LAW" in the odd blank space next to the wording about food stamp acts and so on.

So, my question is, do I really need my mom's I-135? Should I have my fiancee leave it at home and just submit mine? Will mine be enough? Or should I have her submit my mother's I-135 aswell? Are the mistakes bad, or are the people at the Warsaw embassy understanding of such things? She also has a letter of employment from a second job I have gotten since the time I filled out the I-135 which may help if they have a problem with the money I make.

Worse come to worse she can cancel the interview and I will re-do the I-135's then UPS them to her with their quickest service, but that would suck as we have a date set for Friday and I want her here with me ASAP!!!

PLEASE help!! Sorry if this sounds stupid!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

She can go with what she has and if the income from both your jobs combined is enough, then you should not need a co-sponsor. You should have added both incomes together and listed that as your current annual income on the I-134 though. If it is accepted, then you can celebrate. If they want a co-sponsor, then you can have your mother fill out the I-134 correctly and your fiancee can submit those following the consulate's instructions. After they accept it and approve her visa, then you can celebrate.

I do not know how strict Poland is about the financials. You may be fine though, so try not to panic.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your current income must meet or exceed the I-864P Poverty Guidelines requirement. If the I-134 you fiancée currently has does not reflect this, MAIL her a one with the current information.

If you income is still below the guidelines you will need a co-sponsor, then you would use the I-134 from your mom.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hey, I'm a little nervous about my Fiancee's upcoming interview, and she REALLY is.

I am confident everything is fine EXCEPT the I-135's that she will be submitting at the time of the interview in Warsaw. I gave them to her when I was visiting her in April. The problem is, on my I-135 form at the time I filled it out, I had only one job and only made a little over $16,000 a year. I left BLANK the field for how much money I have in the bank because I was going to fill it in later to get a more accurate number, but forgot all about it when I was in Poland and am now gone and unable to put a figure in that field, and my fiancee will not tamper with it, which I understand. I also had my mother fill out an I-135 in case the CO had a problem with how much money I make a year, but my mother made a couple weird mistakes on her form that have me concerned. In Section 3 of the I-135, she put "FIANCEE" under "Relationship to Sponsor" (she copied that part from my form), and she also filled out question 10 with my fiancee's name and relationship as FIANCEE and date submitted as the date I SUBMITTED the original petition. Everything else on the form my mother filled out is fine. Her income, her info, my fiancee's info, and she signed it and even typed in "FUTURE MOTHER IN LAW" in the odd blank space next to the wording about food stamp acts and so on.

So, my question is, do I really need my mom's I-135? Should I have my fiancee leave it at home and just submit mine? Will mine be enough? Or should I have her submit my mother's I-135 aswell? Are the mistakes bad, or are the people at the Warsaw embassy understanding of such things? She also has a letter of employment from a second job I have gotten since the time I filled out the I-135 which may help if they have a problem with the money I make.

Worse come to worse she can cancel the interview and I will re-do the I-135's then UPS them to her with their quickest service, but that would suck as we have a date set for Friday and I want her here with me ASAP!!!

PLEASE help!! Sorry if this sounds stupid!

You or her can call the embassy and ask. There use to be a number for fiancee visas (no cost) and they were super nice back when I was in the interview phase (almost 2 years ago). I'd tend to believe that they would not raise a problem, but again, my experience is 2 years ago and things could've changed dramatically. In our case, the interview took 10 minutes and 3 simple questions. The I-134 is not really binding and shouldn't be much of a deal. The real financial test is during AOS, which has a binding contract. Frankly I'm not sure why would they even bother. Also notice that between the time the 134 is filled up the AOS, financial situation can change, as in your case.

As I said, give them a call and see what they say before you proceed.

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Warsaw is a very easy consulate for K-1s.The staff is very friendly and they do not ask too many questions - at least in Immigrant Visa Unit where your fiancee wiil have her interview . It was true almost 4 years ago when my wife did K-1 there, it was true 2 years ago according to Gosia&Tito.and I wouldnt expect it to change since. That said, I would definitely try to get papers in order to minimize the possibilty of failure. Update your I-134 and if you're below 125% poverty line, update co-sponsor's I-134. Mail it to your fiancee UPS express, she will get it in 2 days flat.Yes,I know it is a lot of money for shipment like that, but believe me it will be worth every penny you spend on this mail. It will give both you and specially your fiancee a peace of mind. Priceless.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.