David & Diana R

Late Registration Of Birth-Philippines

10 posts in this topic

My wife, now 19 never had a birth certificate as her mother died when she was just 6 months old and no one got one. So last year September she had to travel to her province 3 times and finally got the birth certificate. She got 7 originals from the NSO on the correct original paper. The question is this. I read somwhere that a Baptismal Certificate might be a good idea in a case where a birth certificate is never produced until just before beginning the VISA process. She has a copy of her baptismal certificate that is dated at least 15 years ago. She thinks her church in Cebu can produce an original for her. Is this is a good idea to get this to take along to VISA interview in Philippines? Everything went trhu USCIS and NVC without request for additional information. Should I have her go and get this? ALOHA KE AKUA

Edited by David & Zoila

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife, now 19 never had a birth certificate as her mother died when she was just 6 months old and no one got one. So last year September she had to travel to her province 3 times and finally got the birth certificate. She got 7 originals from the NSO on the correct original paper. The question is this. I read somwhere that a Baptismal Certificate might be a good idea in a case where a birth certificate is never produced until just before beginning the VISA process. She has a copy of her baptismal certificate that is dated at least 15 years ago. She thinks her church in Cebu can produce an original for her. Is this is a good idea to get this to take along to VISA interview in Philippines? Everything went trhu USCIS and NVC without request for additional information. Should I have her go and get this? ALOHA KE AKUA

Yes. The embassy might require of the baptismal certificate in her case. Bring it and so might CFO so bring it there too. Good luck! :)

Thanks she already did the CFO. That was a pain in the you know what. But that is done. Thank God! So my wife was born in August 1993 and the birth certificate was first prepared and dated September 1, 2012.(LATE REGISTRATION) I guess I should have her go and get the baptismal certificate ORIGINAL from her church? Or do you think the copy will suffice? Aloha Ke Akua

That would be great if she can get the original baptismal certificate from church. Also just in case it would be great if she have all supporting documents too like school records from elementary and high school year book.

ROC
08.11.2014 - Sent I-751
08.13.2014 - NOA
09.12.2014 - Biometric Appt
02.23.2015 - Card on Production (Decision Letter)
03.09.2015 - Greencard received

N-400

07.27.2016 - Sent Application for Citizenship

07.29.2016 - NOA1

08.15.2016 - Fingerprint

02.13.2017 - Interview Date

I removed it already... It happens sometimes if you double click the post topic. Not a big deal.... I think there is still a crumb left later down on the page and I'll have another mod remove it as it's giving me issues.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

PLEASE DON'T REMOVE THIS POST. I have re-posted because some genius deleted the last post so here it is again. Maybe if you can leave it alone I can get some answers and help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/436668-birth-certificate-late-registration/

That is your original post, which was posted 3 times yesterday, and the moderator deleted the ones that did not have any replies.... there is no need to disrespect anyone for doing their job.

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/436668-birth-certificate-late-registration/

That is your original post, which was posted 3 times yesterday, and the moderator deleted the ones that did not have any replies.... there is no need to disrespect anyone for doing their job.

concur with happytobe above.

duplicate topics have been merged.

there is no need to post duplicate topics. i've merged both of them into one as this is a pi regional issue and fits best in here.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.