I AM NOT THAT GUY

Humorous Racism Stuff That is Really Not Racist.

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I was unable to post this in the other thread before the OP closed it, and want the conversation to continue here:

RGinWA said Posted Today, 02:01 PM

That's funny.

My daughter is 14 and tells me that my fiance looks Mexican.

When I tell my fiancee that she looks Mexican she says "So Mexican's look like Filipino's there?" I just say yes and laugh...

I was working overseas for a logistics contractor on defense project somewhere out in the Pacific in a place few people have heard of. About a third of the folks working there were Hawaiian, and pretty much kept to themselves. One of the guys that I worked with found out I was from California and took me under his wing. He invited to one of the quarters for beer and pupu, and to meet his friends. One big guy kept shooting me looks, and finally pointed at me and started talking.

"Hey, I went to visit the mainland one time, and when we went into a coffee shop, they wouldn't serve us. How come?"

"Where was this?" I asked.

"Texas."

"That is your problem right there. They probably thought you were Mexican."

"They don't like Mexicans in Texas?"

"Nope. You should have told them you were from Hawaii. Most people like Hawaiians, especially in California."

"Okay."

Then he offered me another beer, and I was set with them from that point forward. They knew where all the cool parties were happening.

Edited by The Patriot

I was unable to post this in the other thread before the OP closed it, and want the conversation to continue here:

I was working overseas for a logistics contractor on defense project somewhere out in the Pacific in a place few people have heard of. About a third of the folks working there were Hawaiian, and pretty much kept to themselves. One of the guys that I worked with found out I was from California and took me under his wing. He invited to one of the quarters for beer and pupu, and to meet his friends. One big guy kept shooting me looks, and finally pointed at me and started talking.

"Hey, I went to visit the mainland one time, and when we went into a coffee shop, they wouldn't serve us. How come?"

"Texas."

"Nope. You should have told them you were from Hawaii. Most people like Hawaiians, especially in California."

"Okay."

Then he offered me another beer, and I was set with them from that point forward. They knew where all the cool parties were happening.

when I was in my OBC course I made friendswith a Latino guy from Texas. great guy . SF Combat diver etc. Being from GA (at that time in the early 80'swe had no Hispanics)

I had no idea anyone might be prejudiced against Latinos. Went to a party and the guy manning the keg was a white boy from Texas. he looked a my buddy and said --No beer for you beaner or something like that. I was shocked.. I was thinking what did my buddy do. Come to find out he was guilty of being Latino.

I learned two things that night

1. Racism is learned

2. It takes the MP's a long time to arrive on station when all hell breaks lose. LOL

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Almost every time he flew up to see me my husband would get pulled into secondary at the Vancouver airport . I have a feeling it was because he was Hispanic. They don't see many of those up there. :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

"Texas."

"Okay."

Glad you brought your ball. SOMEONE took their's and went home. ranting33va.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'll have to remember that. I didn't know you could have a thread closed because you didn't like the way the conversation was going, on the grounds that you started the thread.

Good to know.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

there was this one poster back in the day who would do that all the time. a thread she started wouldn't be going the way she wanted so she would have it closed.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

there was this one poster back in the day who would do that all the time. a thread she started wouldn't be going the way she wanted so she would have it closed.

I guess it's like playing checkers with a 5 year old. When the five year old starts losing, he just picks up the board and the checkers and flings them across the room. Game over.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

I'll have to remember that. I didn't know you could have a thread closed because you didn't like the way the conversation was going, on the grounds that you started the thread.

Good to know.

The patriot (not sure if i'm allowed to call him Bill yet) did that once after one of his threads got hijacked.

So much of the fun here is the OT comments IMO. Its like when they laugh on a SNL skit. And a little humor helps when people are starting to get pissed.

Filed: Timeline

The patriot (not sure if i'm allowed to call him Bill yet) did that once after one of his threads got hijacked.

So much of the fun here is the OT comments IMO. Its like when they laugh on a SNL skit. And a little humor helps when people are starting to get pissed.

For me, it depends how it is getting hijacked. If it turns into another hatefest, I will asked for it to be closed. If it just meanders down a path, I am okay with that. I reached the age where I fully understand the wisdom of Yogi Berra who said, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

Of course, I am not beyond being petty, but I try to avoid it.

Timeline

For me, it depends how it is getting hijacked. If it turns into another hatefest, I will asked for it to be closed. If it just meanders down a path, I am okay with that. I reached the age where I fully understand the wisdom of Yogi Berra who said, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

Of course, I am not beyond being petty, but I try to avoid it.

Quite reasonable I think

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Good to know.

Yup, it's fun being an OP, you gets an extra 'thing' for yer topic.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ok - one from me.

At my fav curry shop in Liverpool, run by an 'Asian' - I asked her where she was from. She told me, 'I'm from Persia'. I asked her - oh ! you got out of Iraq before the Shaw was deposed? Good for You !!! '

She told me - no no - I'm a Kurd, we hoofed it across the border about 8 years ago. I miss my goats, but we bought into a goat farm here about 3 years ago, so I can still make yogurt and yogurt cheese.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

ok - one from me.

At my fav curry shop in Liverpool, run by an 'Asian' - I asked her where she was from. She told me, 'I'm from Persia'. I asked her - oh ! you got out of Iraq before the Shaw was deposed? Good for You !!! '

She told me - no no - I'm a Kurd, we hoofed it across the border about 8 years ago. I miss my goats, but we bought into a goat farm here about 3 years ago, so I can still make yogurt and yogurt cheese.

I wonder is she has any sheep? Although goats have horns so they're easier to hold onto so they don't run away.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

ok - one from me.

I have something to offend everyone

I came out of the shop with a meat and potato pie, large chips, mushy peas & a jumbo sausage. A poor homeless man sat there and said 'I've not eaten for two days.' I told him 'I wish I had your will power.'

I took my Biology exam last Friday. I was asked to name two things commonly found in cells. Apparently "Blacks" and "Romanian gipsies" were not the correct answers.

A fat girl served me in McDonald's at lunch time. She said 'sorry about the wait.' I said 'don't worry dear, you're bound to lose it eventually. '

Snow in the forecast! The TV weather girl said she was expecting 8 inches tonight. I thought to myself, fat chance with a face like that!

An Irish boy stands crying at the side of the road. A man asks "What's wrong?" The boy says "Me ma is dead." "Oh bejaysus" the man says "Do you want me to call Father O' Riley for you"? The boy replies "No tanks mister, sex is the last ting on my mind at the moment."

Years ago it was suggested that an apple a day kept the doctor away. But since all the doctors are now Muslim, I've found that a bacon sandwich works best!

Japanese scientists have now created a camera with such an immense shutter speed that it is now possible to take a photograph of a woman with her mouth closed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Japanese scientists have now created a camera with such an immense shutter speed that it is now possible to take a photograph of a woman with her mouth closed.

:rofl: , si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).