11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm an Australian, so I've been immunized with all mandatory shots except two, as provided on the list by the USCIS. My doctor gave me my immunization record number, and told me to call the healthcare system, quote the number, and they'd tell me what I needed to know. The thing is, I was born well before they began to make the immunization database that they currently have in Australia, so my records aren't available, and didn't make the cut. The records would contain the immunizations I've had since birth well up until my last one (which I believe was when I was 14).

I really, really don't wish to be immunized again (my body goes into shock and I pass out per every needle I have. D'oh!), but if it's the only way, then I suppose I don't have much choice. But, before I toss in the towel, is there some way to prove I've been vaccinated? Would a letter from my doctor be suffice, or do I have to give the exact records (which seem impossible for me to access, as they are not on the database - scary to think my records are just floating around somewhere)? Or, does the USCIS know that Australians have been vaccinated against the majority of the list? (Okay, I think that's just crazy talk, and I am, in fact, going crazy).

Thanks, guys.

I had to take most of the vaccinations again and I'm also from one of the most developed countries in the world, like Australia. So they don't recognize that - without proof that you have the vaccinations, they'll suggest you do them again (by law you have to).

They're not bad for you but pricey. Good luck!

March 2008 - Met my husband (US Citizen)

10/10/2012 - Arrived to the US on M-1 Visa

01/13/2013 - Husband arrives to the US

03/15/2013 - Got married in NYC City Hall!Received marriage license on the same day.

03/30/2013 (Day 0) - Sent in I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

04/03/2013 (Day 4) - Package received in Chicago

04/10/2013 (Day 11) - NOA 1 text(s) and emails received.

04/15/2013 (Day 16) - Biometrics appointment letter for the 7th of May 2013.

04/22/2013 (Day 23) - Successful Biometrics walkin Varick Street, NY

04/30/2013 (Day 31) - I-485 case status updated to testing and interviewing. Still no updates on EAD or AP

05/07/2013 (Day 38) - Biometrics appointment

06/07/2013 (Day 69) - EAD updated to Card production. AP updated to Post Decision Activity.

06/15/2013 (Day 77) Recieved EAD/AP combo card

07/10/2013 (Day 102) Received first interview appointment
08/10/2013 (Day 132) Interview (which we rescheduled because I was out of the country at the time of the interview)

08/24/2013 (Day 146) Notification that our interview has been successfully rescheduled

11/25/2013 (Day 239) New Interview date: 16th of December 2013

12/16/2013 (Day 260) INTERVIEW! - Approved on the spot, will have green card within a few months

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You have a few options- if your doctor from childhood is still practising, or another took over his clinic, contact them, they may be able to porvide you with a letter with dates etc.

A lot of the vaccinations can be proved by tither test, but that may be expensive, and would also involve needles.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have your blood drawn and tested for immunity for the vaccinations they want. It would potentially save you a lot of extra jabs you don't need.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

They can test your blood for antibodies. Or the old office probably has paper records. Have them send a fax (remember those?smile.png)

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

For my I693 they didn't ask my vaccination history. They did the blood test and then told me that I will need one more shot because my blood didn't show that I have had this shot...

AOS process

4/6/2013 Mailed I-485/I-130/I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
4/8/2013 Delivered to USCIS
4/16/2013 NOA1 e-mails (x3) (routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing)
4/17/2013 Checks cashed
4/20/2013 NOA1 in mail (x3)
4/22/2013 Appointment Notice in mail
5/8/2013 Biometrics appointment

5/14/2013 I485 Status changed to Testing and Interview. No updates on EAD

5/20/2013 Received e-mail Interview date is June 20th!

5/20/2013 Received Interview Notice in mail, date on it is 5/16/2013

6/10/2013 I765 Card/ Document Production e-mail

6/13/2013 I765 Card/ Document Production 2nd e-mail

6/14/2013 I765 Card/ Document mailed out

6/17/2013 EAD card arrived

6/20/2013 Interview! APPROVED on the spot. I-485 Card ordered and I-130 approved e-mails. Applied for SSN

6/25/2013 I-485 card ordered 2nd e-mail

6/26/2013 I-485 card mailed out. SSC arrived

6/27/2013 I-485 + I-130 approved NOAs in mail

6/28/2013 Green Card in hand!!!!! It's so pretty :)

ROC

3/20/2015 Mailed I-751 to VSC

3/24/2015 NOA date

3/26/2015 Check cashed

3/30/2015 NOA in mail

5/5/2015 Biometrics

12/8/2015 Approved

12/16/2015 Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

I'm an Australian, so I've been immunized with all mandatory shots except two, as provided on the list by the USCIS. My doctor gave me my immunization record number, and told me to call the healthcare system, quote the number, and they'd tell me what I needed to know. The thing is, I was born well before they began to make the immunization database that they currently have in Australia, so my records aren't available, and didn't make the cut. The records would contain the immunizations I've had since birth well up until my last one (which I believe was when I was 14).

I really, really don't wish to be immunized again (my body goes into shock and I pass out per every needle I have. D'oh!), but if it's the only way, then I suppose I don't have much choice. But, before I toss in the towel, is there some way to prove I've been vaccinated? Would a letter from my doctor be suffice, or do I have to give the exact records (which seem impossible for me to access, as they are not on the database - scary to think my records are just floating around somewhere)? Or, does the USCIS know that Australians have been vaccinated against the majority of the list? (Okay, I think that's just crazy talk, and I am, in fact, going crazy).

Thanks, guys.

I would plan on a sore bum for a few days ;)

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

the physician in australia will do a test and see what your body needs. If you want reassurance just call the physician's office and ask these questions you've presented in OP. My sister moved to the states on work visa, and in her medical they tested her blood and there were some vaccines she had proof of having but had to have again, and some she'd never had that she had to get.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

the physician in australia will do a test and see what your body needs. If you want reassurance just call the physician's office and ask these questions you've presented in OP. My sister moved to the states on work visa, and in her medical they tested her blood and there were some vaccines she had proof of having but had to have again, and some she'd never had that she had to get.

The poster is in the USA not Australia and it would be in his best interest to not leave the US while filing for adjustment of status here. The poster would have to see a doctor in the USA to have the issue fixed.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You have a few options- if your doctor from childhood is still practising, or another took over his clinic, contact them, they may be able to porvide you with a letter with dates etc.

A lot of the vaccinations can be proved by tither test, but that may be expensive, and would also involve needles.

Have your blood drawn and tested for immunity for the vaccinations they want. It would potentially save you a lot of extra jabs you don't need.

They can test your blood for antibodies. Or the old office probably has paper records. Have them send a fax (remember those?smile.png)

Great to know - and I think that's the best option, even if it is a little pricey. Found my old school vaccinations, which covers Hep B and Pertussis. And indeed, Harpa Timsah! I asked them to fax it yesterday. biggrin.png As for my infant vaccinations, no such luck. Thanks for the advice.

For my I693 they didn't ask my vaccination history. They did the blood test and then told me that I will need one more shot because my blood didn't show that I have had this shot...

Really? Interesting. Only part now is that I faint whenever a needle goes in my veins. Not a phobia, my body just seems to panic. Oh, this is going to be fun!

I would plan on a sore bum for a few days wink.png

headbonk.gif It's the arm, dude.

The poster is in the USA not Australia and it would be in his best interest to not leave the US while filing for adjustment of status here. The poster would have to see a doctor in the USA to have the issue fixed.

Inky's correct. I'm from Australia, on my B2 Visa in the US, married two months ago. AoS from the US.

In summation, thank you so much for all your help, everyone. Medical is scheduled for the 17th. blink.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.