sherryrose

Denied at border????????????

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I am new here, I have followed the forms for a long time, but have not participated in a long time. My husband will be here in July so I am down to a month, I can't believe it is here. So everything is going well and yesterday he sends me a letter and with this little nugget, this is exactly as it was written to me.

"Akram told me not to resign here as he read and showed that to me yesterday that an officer at port of entry may not allow me to enter USA for any reason because I am Arab you see and he told me once I entered USA I can than resign by doing a power of attorney to him or to Hany to resign for me. He means to hold Kuwait chance in my hand they admit me to USA so I leave Kuwait".

He is just talking about not leaving his job yet and just resigning from America, and all this stuff about them denying him into America, anyone know anything about any of this.

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What visa will he be travelling on?

If K-1, CR-1, IR-1 - Kuwait 'letter of resignation ' in hand has nothing to do with the port of entry in the USA. The CBP doesn't ask for it - instead they look at the VISA in his passport.

IMO, Akram is a slave-driver and wants to keep your husband in Kuwait at all costs.

Why is Akram involved, at all ?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

This does not make any sense whatsoever !!! Hundreds of Arabs enter the USA every single day on different types of visas!! unless he has a "criminal" history, there is nothing to worry about.

No, They don't ask for work papers when the husband will move to the USA ( logic says he wont work in his home country anymore)

Akram is smart, not really.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have a little different take on the correspondence than the above replies.

Like Akram I've seen people post on here how someone was denied at POE for no reason at all and sent back to where ever they came from. I've seen this happen with a friend of mine that's married to a German and I've seen others post on here when it happened with other people's spouse, fiance, visiting family member. I wouldn't say it's a common occurrence but it does happen from time to time.

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) at the point of entry (POE) into the United Sates is the last hurdle for an intending immigrant to go through. People have been denied entry by CBP at POE and it doesn't specify the reason why.

Akram may be under the assumption that a person's denial at POE is because they are Arab. I suspect Akram is just watching out for your husband by saying to him "Hey it does happen that people intending to immigrate are occasionally denied entry and sent back even when all their visa paperwork is in order. Just encase that happens bro why not wait until you make it safely into the country and then send your resignation letter by power or attorney or however you wish to. There is no problem with delaying the letter of resignation and if a problem should occur and you get sent back you'll still have a job to come back to."

That's my take on it anyways. I don't see the big deal. Being denied entry isn't commonly happening, at least on this site that I know of, so no need to stress or worry about it and your husband can send his letter of resignation after safely arriving in the States, or he can give it now and take the chances that it's all going to work out fine.

Edited by Dr. A ♥ O

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Technically, they can deny you at the border.

Realistically, it is very unlikely that they will. I think we had a couple of K1 cases on here that got denied entry at the border because they found wedding pics and evidence of a marriage in the lugage, but that's it.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I agree with above. Nothing to worry about, but if it would make your husband feel better he can hold off on resigning until he's entered the US. He just shouldn't expect a reference out of these employers if he quits on them like that.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sounds like Akram may be a touch jealous and is trying to put doubt in your husband's mind. I know this is generalizing and perhaps stereotyping but lots of Arabs do this sort of thing to each other. Crabs in a bucket type mentality. I highly doubt Akram is looking out for his best interest. Sounds like he needs to butt out.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

I think Akram does want him to stay in Kuwait even though he is married to a German and will be leaving himself. As far as his job, his contract ends in July and he should just put his resignation in sounds like a good idea better than doing it like the other way. I think they all want Hesham to stay in Kuwait and I would have been there but for my health taking a turn for the worst. I agree with you all on this, it is good to hear it back, at least I am thinking clearly. lol I heard this and I am like wait a minute, I need some feedback.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

As an Arab I can tell you that Akram is trying to be clever or he is thinking about your husband's indemnity after getting the power of attorney. The only thing that can stop him from entering US is his record "criminal history". May I ask you about the AP "administrative process" in Kuwait? how many weeks it took ur husband?

We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.
CHE GUEVARA

Timeline

Sorry I just saw your message, AP in Kuwait is the same as in most countries in the mid-east, 18 months, and our case was a nightmare so it was a bit more than 18 months. But tomorrow my husband will be flying home finally. yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry I just saw your message, AP in Kuwait is the same as in most countries in the mid-east, 18 months, and our case was a nightmare so it was a bit more than 18 months. But tomorrow my husband will be flying home finally. yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hey sherryrose,

As a fellow VJer, I wanted to butt in . Can i ask, how long was your husband's AP? My husband's is now in 19 months and counting so I was curious as to others long AP waits-thanks in advance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.