goodlucklife

Transferred file from vsc to Texas got touched today!!!!!!

2,730 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I agree my petition was received before but my number is higher!

Yeah... Zooropa's breakdown of the receipt numbers was super helpful, but it still doesn't explain why the last digits (which should theoretically be assigned on the day the case was received, since my receipt number was included in the email I received on December 12th) are higher for some that filed a week or even a couple weeks before others. For example, a filer who's digits are 5073, and filed on December 17th, while mine are 6502 and I filed on December 12th.

I just think that's weird. I'm not necessarily looking for an explanation, because I doubt I'll find one, haha.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

No offense taken .... My last four digits are 7913 received on dec 5 .... So does that mean there are over 7000 before me? 7000 cases were sent to tsc ... Just trying to understand my number

For example Kari81 has a receipt number lower than me but she file later .... I'm confused

I really believe applications are processed on FIFO bases in batches but the system gets skewed due to individual adjudicator. You know slow employees.

Timeline

Just want to send everybody a lil bit of positiveness... (if possible) Im a early december filler too!

We all are so close from hearing something very soon!! and finally being able to be with our futures wifes/husbands!!

Big hugs to everybody!!!!

You are sweet. Always so positive! Everyone really needs those big hugs right now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Okay... I am very confused on my NOA1 date now.. I received an email AND text on December 17 saying my case was received and to be looking for the hardcopy in the mail... my I-797C that I received shortly after has a date of December 13 but then the transfer letter I got says my notice date is December 14... So which is it? My last four digits are 0188..

I agree my petition was received before but my number is higher!

mine is also dec5 and has 6892 .... there's nothing that makes sense for us.

ROC:

Jul, 2016  NOA1

Aug, 2016 biometrics 

Timeline

Okay... I am very confused on my NOA1 date now.. I received an email AND text on December 17 saying my case was received and to be looking for the hardcopy in the mail... my I-797C that I received shortly after has a date of December 13 but then the transfer letter I got says my notice date is December 14... So which is it? My last four digits are 0188..

I've also noticed that the NOA1 date situation is a little iffy. My notifications were on December 12th. The hard copy I received in the mail that week said December 13th, but the transfer notice I received in the mail listed the case receipt date as December 12th, so that's the one I'm going with. Also, when I call USCIS and give them my receipt number and say my receipt date was December 12th, no one has argued/corrected me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I've also noticed that the NOA1 date situation is a little iffy. My notifications were on December 12th. The hard copy I received in the mail that week said December 13th, but the transfer notice I received in the mail listed the case receipt date as December 12th, so that's the one I'm going with. Also, when I call USCIS and give them my receipt number and say my receipt date was December 12th, no one has argued/corrected me.

Mine is a 3-4 day delay between the time I received my text and email.. clearly there is no method to this whole madness. I was kinda hoping it was December 17 since they have been approving and giving out RFE's to that date specifically. But I think it is December 13.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Yes I am aware that they get them in batches . I posted something earlier that same basically the same thing you said.

:)

What does make sense is how folks like myself who filed early dec .. Have higher number that those who filed later

Yes,

This is the question that is asked every week. The answer is the pile of Dec 5th is still processing with adjudicators, while the adjudicator assigned to the pile with the Dec 17 file has been approved. There is no true way to process them one number at a time in sequence, You will never see 314, 315, 316, an so on...because some adjudicators have very large files to sort thru (too many skype chat papers, photos ect...) , while another file may need a RFE. Too many variables to allow a sequenced approval system.

The equation you mentioned is not actually mine, but USCIS's equation...I hope I was helpful in the explanation :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

EAC 99 001 50001

EAC represents the office location where initially received into the electronic system. In the example, EAC indicates St. Albans. Cases that are received at another Service Center but processed at the NSC will generally carry the originating office number.

EAC = St. Albans, Vermont or Vermont Service Center

SRC= Dallas, Texas or Texas Service Center

WAC= Laguna Niguel, California or California Service Center

99 represents the fiscal year in which the case was received.

001 represents the computer workday in the fiscal year on which the fee was taken. Generally 001 is October 1st, the first working day of the fiscal year. 265 generally is a computer work day in September. This is NOT truly a julian date because no “computer work day” exists if the center does not receipt cases on any particular date, e.g. most Saturday’s, all Sunday’s and holidays.

50001 represents the particular case number. In this case, it is the first case received in CLAIMS3 LAN on that particular workday.

This is not fully correct. The first 2 numbers are the year, yes. But the next 3 numbers cannot be the working day of the year. My 3 numbers are 901. There is no year with 901 days, working or not.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Just got a letter from my senator. Emailed them Wednesday last week and took them 1 week to write back...

Before they can even ask about my case I have to sign off some privacy stuff before they can ask USCIS about it. Will fill it out this weekend and mail it first thing Monday morning and see how it goes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

This is not fully correct. The first 2 numbers are the year, yes. But the next 3 numbers cannot be the working day of the year. My 3 numbers are 901. There is no year with 901 days, working or not.

You are right about not fully correct. I think everyone filled in 2012 has 901 and for fillers in 2013 it's 902.

About numbers. We must compare last 5 digits , not last 4.

For example . I am dec5 with last 4 numbers 6891, the poster who was approved from dec 20 has 6175 , but when you look as 5 digits number - mine is 26891 and his 46175 . So we have 20 thousands cases difference .

So we must compare last 5 digits. My opinion .

ROC
05/17/2016 Sending I-751 for me and my child
05/19/2016 Application received
05/26/2016 Check cashed
06/03/2016 biometric appointment letter
06/10/2016 biometrics done
08/13/2016 service request filled

11/14/2016 had tried to put service request - unsuccessful

11/15/2016 Approved

11/19/2016 Approval letter in mail

--/--/---- waiting for the GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

And in addition , I noticed that they put in the system about 3000 cases per day , because from number 23000 to 28000 approximately are filled in dec 5 2012.

ROC
05/17/2016 Sending I-751 for me and my child
05/19/2016 Application received
05/26/2016 Check cashed
06/03/2016 biometric appointment letter
06/10/2016 biometrics done
08/13/2016 service request filled

11/14/2016 had tried to put service request - unsuccessful

11/15/2016 Approved

11/19/2016 Approval letter in mail

--/--/---- waiting for the GC

Im also 901 NOA1 Jan 24th

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.