Gracevi

refile 129F or get married in UK?

25 posts in this topic

I've learned for sure! If it was the case that I can go visit him even if it's for 90 days would be great for me. I could go spend time with him... Does anyone knows how it works if I was applying for spousal visa?

You'll still be able to travel on the VWP/ESTA while awaiting whichever visa you elect to go for (but, as always, travel with a return ticket itinerary and other proofs to your ties back home).

The spousal visa guide is here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

it I want to visit him in US, is it ok? During the process

Yes you can. See this thread about visiting - it's in the K1 area but still relevant to spousal visas:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/67796-yes-you-can-visit/

And here is the comparison table for going fiancee or spousal route:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok...

after our case being denied, we were expecting that because we filed all wrong. We only sent the form and the payment. Only after discover VJ that I realise that we sent all wrong. I found out at the website that our case was denied and now we have to wait the letter saying the reasons of being denied which should take a while.

I was reading another forum and there was a question between appeal or refile 129f and everybody was saying that refile was a best option. But now something came to my mind, he is coming to London to visit me for 2 months. I would like your opinion...do you think that would be a good idea if we get married here and apply for spousal visa?

Help me please!

Thank you all!

why do you think you were denied ?

what did you do wrong forms ect ???

and i would say refile i just feel its safer

good luck and hope it works and soon you can be with your sweetheart

My opinion would be get married and go for spousal because its cheaper and that way he will be able to work straight away on arrival into the states. Thats what we would do if we had researched the process properly.

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

If you are ready to get married do it. The CR-1 is cheaper and not any slower than the K-1. There is no wait after arrival for the marriage certificate to file for AOS, no wait for EAD, etc. There are no bad marks against you for this denial, just a failure to follow instructions.

Make sure when you file you look at everything, check it off, let it sit overnight, then look at it again and check it off. Pay special attention to the signatures and leave nothing blank.

Good Luck either way you decide.

why do you think you were denied ?

what did you do wrong forms ect ???

and i would say refile i just feel its safer

good luck and hope it works and soon you can be with your sweetheart

The OP stated that already. They were denied because they only sent the form and payment, nothing else.

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

As most people have hinted it is a personal choice which path you take. It is about when do you want to marry, do you want to live the first year of your marriage at different address, does your spouse want to work right away or is waiting about 3 months after filing AOS ok. The money really isn't that different between the 2 paths unless you are at a level that you really can't afford to get married anyways. Visiting during the process is like any other time, don't show up with a one way ticket and expect to be let in. You can always travel through a preclearance over there and take the long flight to rejection option out of the mix.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We did k-1, my wife says, we should have gotten married and apply for spousal visa. I agree.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

We did k-1, my wife says, we should have gotten married and apply for spousal visa. I agree.

I agree, I wish I had gone for a spousal.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

I do not regret going the spousal route in the slightest. Granted I've had to live on my own, without my husband, for over a year after our wedding. (We filed after he obtained his current employment.) But it's almost over! So it'll be the first year together vs the first year we're married that will be the important one. Does it matter? Nope! :D I will have the ability to work and travel without extra fees. We will be done with immigration until I need to remove conditions and then citizenship. We had a wedding that I loved. I wish some of his family and friends could have been there, but everyone had the same amount of notice. The important people were there (me, him, and my daughter) and that's all that mattered. :D

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.