RIbeneme

USCIS requested my petition be returned by NVC

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Ribeneme, I can read in your posts how frustrated you are and I would certainly be feeling the same way if I were going through what you are going through. The information you just posted does not mean that your spouse has been approved or that there is a visa waiting for them. They still have to get through the rest of the "journey" with success before they can be granted a visa. That information is explaining that unlike visas related to work or study, immediate family members don't have to wait for a visa number to become available IF they are approved. Some people who would be coming under different types of visas, that have nothing to do with being a family member for example, might get approved but then would also have to wait for a visa number to become available. For those of us who are making applications as spouses or other immediate family members, there is no wait for the visa number to become available once the application has been approved.

Your spouse still has to get through the NVC stage and then have a successful interview before they will be issued a visa.

I hope this helps a bit more with getting all the information together to understand the process. It is VERY confusing at times and more than a little frustrating most of the time.

USCIS - 40 DAYS
2012-10-30: FedEx delivered I-130 to Chicago Lockbox Mail Room
2012-11-01: NOA1 by email - MSC
2012-11-02: $420 (x3) debited from our account
2012-11-05: NOA1 hard copies received, Priority Date 2012-10-30
2012-12-11: NOA2

NVC - 26 DAYS
2013-01-02: Rec'd case#, IIN, BIN & OPTIN emails for EP sent
2013-01-03: Submitted DS-261 (x3)
2013-01-07: AOS bills invoiced and paid & OPTIN for EP accepted for each of us
2013-01-08: AOS bills appear as paid & AOS packages sent by email
2013-01-08: IV bill invoiced & paid (kids' only)
2013-01-09: IV bill appears as paid (kids' only)
2013-01-09: IV Package emailed & DS-260 submitted online (kids only)
2013-01-11: AOS received -notified by email
2013-01-11: IV bill invoiced & paid (for me)
2013-01-14: IV bill appears as paid (for me)
2013-01-14: IV Supporting Docs received for kids - notified by email
2013-01-14: IV Package emailed & DS-260 submitted online (me only)
2013-01-18: IV Supporting Docs received for me - notified by email
2013-01-18: Son#1 CASE COMPLETE - Son#2 checklist - saying $ on I-864 don't match tax return (but they do)-resubmitted
2013-01-23: AOS 2nd submission for Son #2 received - notified by email
2013-01-25: My CASE COMPLETE
2013-01-28: ALL 3 OF OUR CASES ARE NOW COMPLETE
2013-02-06: Packet 4 Received by email

MEDICAL ~ CONSULATE ~ POE REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 160 DAYS NATURALIZATION
2013-02-13: Medicals 2014-12-17: Delivered to California Lockbox 2015-12-15: Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox
2013-03-06: Interview 2014-12-19: 1 I-751 + 3 Biometrics Fees debited from our account 2015-12-16: Fees charged to Credit Card
2013-03-08: Visas in-hand 2014-12-22: Received NOA1 by mail. Receipt Date: 2014-12-17 2015-12-17: NOA
2013-03-12: Paid USCIS Immigrant Fee 2014-12-24: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter 2016-01-02: Biometrics Letter 2016-01-11: Biometrics
2013-03-14: POE 2015-01-06: Biometrics 2016-02-15: In Line for Interview 2016-02-19: Letter
2013-03-25: SSNs arrived 2015-05-27: Approved 2016-03-22: Interview
2013-04-01: Green Cards arrived 2015-06-03: New Green Cards arrived 2016-04-15: Oath Ceremony

You're misunderstanding. An immediate relative of a usc or the spouse or relative of an lpr (legal permanent resident) must normally wait for there to be visas available for their category.

There is no such wait for the spouse or child (or step child) of a USC. They are granted a visa upon approval of their interview. The US govt likes to strictly control who is coming to live in the USA. Most countries do.

Your husband does not have a visa until granted one by the US consulate or embassy in his home country. They can still deny him a visa. They can subject him to additional or administrative processing which can be short or infinite. He is in no way guaranteed a visa, just that there is one available immediately should he be approved.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I believe I did say that I know it can still be denied for whatever reason BUT out of the allotted number of visas given out there is already one on reserve for him. I did say that it is waiting for him UPON APPROVAL in my last post.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you got an infopass set up yet? or no ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I believe I did say that I know it can still be denied for whatever reason BUT out of the allotted number of visas given out there is already one on reserve for him. I did say that it is waiting for him UPON APPROVAL in my last post.

There are an infinite number of visas for spouse and children of USCs. There is no allotment like for other visa categories. Nothing is reserved. I am not reserved a visa because my husband is American. He had to petition for me to be able to apply for one and after I applied I have to go to an interview to see if someone says I may have one. Just like you and your husband.

Also please follow Darnell's advice to see if your petition was recalled to the local office etc...

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I truly hope someone just forgot to cross a t or dot an i, but you should make the effort to figure out what is wrong. I hope its nothing serious.

Edited by NikiR

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yes I do. I go at 1pm on Tuesday.

Excellent !

You're going to run into more silliness, so I'm gonna throw more clues at you that should help you.

1. the person you talk with, behind the counter or window, is not the person that works in the I-130 adjudication unit.

2. the first person you talk to - ask for the floor supervisor.

3. when you get the floor supervisor, ask that person to talk to the I-130 adjudication unit supervisor and inquire why the casefile was requested back from NVC to their office .

4. wait in the building until you get the answer.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

My husband and I are both totally devistated over this. We have not seen each other in over 5 months and now we have no idea when this will all be finished. I am desperate for answers. PLEASE HELP!!!

I don't know if it will make you feel better but I am feeling that devastation too and I haven't seen my husband for over 10 months. I thought I had double checked my papers and made sure it was all organized and I have studied and READ almost all of the Visa Journey posts that applied to me and my hubby for education of what to do for filing and I still goofed!

I got a CHECKLIST for a missing police report because apparently in my husband's country, NVC requires TWO TYPES OF POLICE REPORTS. And we only sent in one of the two! UGH! crying.gif

Edited by Ismael&Blair

Timeline

I understand! That was our last hold up. We knew we needed one from Nigeria but didn't dawn on us that he would need one from the UK. I got it in the mail 3 days after I got the notice from NVC that it was sent back to USCIS. I'm hoping to get some good news on Tuesday that it is just a simple problem. Good luck to you!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

OK, here is my update, I went to the immigration center on May 21st like I was instructed to do. I encountered some of the most supidest people ever to walk the face of this earth!!! She even told me that my husband cannot apply for a K-3 visa until we have been married for 3 years. I even know that is not the case. It has been over the 30 day period that was stated to me to be back in USCIS system. She also said that I filled out and submitted the wrong form for my joint sponsor but I did not cause he his also a household member. I scheduled another infopass for next Tuesday to try and get something out of these people. Any other suggestions will be great and thank you already for all your help!!

Try to talk to the unit supervisor. Darnell normally has some good ideas on how to do that.

Timeline

I asked for one and that is the person who told me all the nonsense. I even asked her if I was going to get my original documents back that were sent to NVC and she told that I wasn't suppose to send originals. I told her that copes are sent to USCIS but originals are sent to NVC. THEN she said that he was suppose to take the originals with him to the interview. I told her that is not how it works, that I had to send the things into NVC and then they send me a sealed package for him to take to his interview. She replied, Yes. I said, wait a minute, you just told me not to send originals and then when i told you how it REALLY works than you agree with that, which is it? Then I told her that I cannot believe that not only does she work for a government facility that is suppose to be able to help me with these things and answer questions for me but she is a supervisor and how NO idea how the process works. I asked her if she an I-130 adjudication supervisor and she said that there are many supervisors and they all do a little of everything and there was no supervisor just for that. I did EVERYTHING that Darnell told me to do and these people were just complete MORONS!!! I called USCIS AGAIN yesterday and they transferred me to a tier 2, whom barely spoke English and i couldn't understand him so he transferred me to a person higher than him. This man now told me that the 30 days I was quoted for USCIS to get my file back was wrong and it usually takes 60-90 days for this. There was an inquiry put in and it has been assigned to a worker so I should be hearing something about that soon. I also made another infopass appointment for next Tuesday. These people are going to get sick of seeing/ hearing from me!!! I am also going to apply for help from my Senator. I will keep you guys updated and welcome any more help or suggestions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.