RIbeneme

USCIS requested my petition be returned by NVC

57 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Also just to remind you veterans, try to remember how you felt when you were going through this process and not being with your spouse for such a long period of time. Then maybe when you try to "help" others you can be a little more sympathetic to their emotional state and try to soften your comments a bit instead of just coming at someone full force.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

when you call back to USCIS, ask for an ISO next time, and ask the ISO to tell you WHY the casefile was requested by USCIS back from the NVC office,

and then...

let us know the results of that phone call.

CIAO, and T I A !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

When I called them the second time they put me through to a higher up person, maybe what you guys are talking about. He is the one that told me that they don't have my information back in their system yet and it would be up to 30 days before they did. He also advised me to go to my local field office because they are the ones who approved it. I don't understand why I had to mail my petition to Chicago when I live 20 minutes from my Baltimore field office. Again, I'll let everyone know what they say on Tuesday.

If you go on the website for the Nigerian embassy they give you the names and information of the 2 physicians you can choose from to get your physical done. He traveled from Port Harcourt and is staying with friends in Lagos now until we hear something. Two good things that came out of this is he got to start his series of vaccinations and now I get to go visit him!! I'm excited about that part although it is going to kill me to have to leave him again!!!!

Timeline

Also just to remind you veterans, try to remember how you felt when you were going through this process and not being with your spouse for such a long period of time. Then maybe when you try to "help" others you can be a little more sympathetic to their emotional state and try to soften your comments a bit instead of just coming at someone full force.

Believe it or not some of us have been in this VJ for over three years, actually almost four years. So trust me when I say"WE" do understand and share your frustrations. But some of us react with logic and some with emotions. Everyone is different! Remember writing a response is not the same as talking over a telephone. Others can't get a full picture of your emotional state but when all is said and done....we all understand this difficult process. Why do you think "veterans" hang around even after their VJ is over???? It is because they know it too well. No one can forget the pains, the disappointments, the waiting and the outcomes one has to go through when dealing with paperwork, letters, trips, fees, separations for a long time from loved ones, denials, more docs....etc. It is a humbling experience and painful.

Just keep a positive outlook and take one day at a time. This too shall pass.......

AGREED!!

It's understandable that you're under stress (we've all been there), and it's not fun. However, anyone who's been on VisaJourney for more than 5 minutes knows that Ryan H's immigration information and his motivations are beyond reproach.

Timeline

When I called them the second time they put me through to a higher up person, maybe what you guys are talking about. He is the one that told me that they don't have my information back in their system yet and it would be up to 30 days before they did. He also advised me to go to my local field office because they are the ones who approved it. I don't understand why I had to mail my petition to Chicago when I live 20 minutes from my Baltimore field office. Again, I'll let everyone know what they say on Tuesday.

If you go on the website for the Nigerian embassy they give you the names and information of the 2 physicians you can choose from to get your physical done. He traveled from Port Harcourt and is staying with friends in Lagos now until we hear something. Two good things that came out of this is he got to start his series of vaccinations and now I get to go visit him!! I'm excited about that part although it is going to kill me to have to leave him again!!!!

Glad you will be visiting him soon. By the way, have you contacted your congressman/woman to put in an inquiry? sometimes they can cut through some red tape and get answers for you quicker.

Timeline

I contacted an Immigration Attorney to see if they could help and he told me that I would have to contact my Senator or just be patient. What Immigration tells me on Tuesday will determine my next step. Thank you for the encouragement!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There are two lock boxes Chicago and Phoenix. It has nothing to do with your local office. Some I-130's never get to local office. You go from Lock box to NBC. They decide depending on workload if you stay there or go to local office.

I do know about the medical offices. I was just surprise to see someone for Nigeria got a medical without an interview letter. This is a first. So then you already then have the sealed envelope I pray under lock and key. ;)

And that's good you get to visit before interview. Just keep in mind a delay not a denial. You'll be fine have fun. Mecies journeys to you.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

so, an ISO confirmed that the petition was approved by a local office, adjudication was done at the local office.

IMO, it's the local office that's requesting it back, because they left something out of it.

To be certain - go into the local office on an infopass appointment, and inquire. There is no one else you can contact, save a human at the local office - they don't pick up the telephone and there's no way to speak with a human on the phone there.

Alternatively, you can engage with an Immigration Liason Staffer human with your Congressman's office (there are 3 for you, so pick one) but 'to engage' is not a 2 minute deal, either.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yes, it is possible. He has been issued a visa because he is the Spouse of an American Citizen. What you get after your interview is your visa number to go along with that visa. He has a visa ready in his name but cannot travel to the US yet because he does not have the visa number and it is not yet stamped in his passport. This info came directly from USCIS.

Sorry, he has not been issued a visa yet!! That is done at his local embassy, If he had a visa, your process would be COMPLETE!!! FYI, he can go all the way to his interview and still be denied the visa. Being a Spouse of an American Citizen dose not guarantee a visa either...

01/06/2012- Married My best friend

05/09/2012- Mailed I-130 via Fed Ex

5/10/2012- I-130 has been received & Signed for at the Chicago lockbox at 10:23 am

05/14/2012- Received NOA1 via Text Message

05/17/2012- Received NOA1 via Snail Mail(Postmarked 5/15/2012)

07/27/2012- 9:36 am Received NOA2 via text message (thought it was a dream)

07/30/2012- Started calling the NVC to see if case has been received

08/02/2012 -Called NVC- Rep told me that NVC Received Package 07/30/2012 (Still no case# assigned)

08/16/2012 -Called NVC- Information has been entered and received my case number (Yahooo)

08/24/2012- AOS Bill invoiced and paid

08/30/2012- Emailed the DS-3023

09/05/2012- Sent AOS (Affidavit of support) packet via Fed Ex (overnight)

09/06/2012- AOS Packet received

09/11/2012- Received email notification that the DS-3023 (Choice of Agent) has been accepted

09/13/2012- Received IV Bill

09/13/2012- Paid IV Bill

09/17/2012- IV marked as paid

09/17/2012- Sent IV Package (DS-230) via Fed Ex

09/18/2012- IV Package Received

09/18/2012- AOS Packet Accepted

09/25/2012- Called NVC and found out I have an RFE

09/26/2012- Received RFE via EMAIL

10/01/2012- Sent original divorce documentation (RFE) via Fed Ex overnight

10/15/2012- CASE COMPLETE (Yahoooooooooooo)

10/23/2012- Case complete email received..

11/02/2012- Called DOS and received interview date

11/05/2012- Received email with check list and appointment date

11/20/2012- Medical Completed

12/03/2012- Interview Scheduled

12/24/2012- Entered the USA and got to MN at 12:08 am on 12/25/2012 Merry X-Mas to us

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Sorry, he has not been issued a visa yet!! That is done at his local embassy, If he had a visa, your process would be COMPLETE!!! FYI, he can go all the way to his interview and still be denied the visa. Being a Spouse of an American Citizen dose not guarantee a visa either...

I agree. I believe the OP misunderstood the USCIS approval with a visa approval. Miscommunication. No visa was approved without an interview.

I hope you will time your visit with his interview whenever that will be.

Best wishes.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

The statement I put in bold is impossible at this time because an interview at the Consulate has not yet occurred.

This is correct.

The petition has been approved but he was not issued a visa. NVC and USCIS are having a little back and forth

and when that is settled he will go through the interview phase and he will be either approved or refused a visa.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Is yer timeline accurate, over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=156510 ??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Also when you do update your timeline be sure to put the correct service center. Texas Service center is incorrect. Thats for K1's only.

Your receipt # starts with wither VSC (Vermont), CSC 9 California) or MSC (which is the NBC place where they sent to local service centers). Thanks it helps with the stats on the site for all.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Thank you dwheels, I did not realize that I had the wrong service center on there. My timeline is as accurate as I can make it. My AOS was rejected once and then sent a new one and my 230 was rejected once and started returning things needed to complete before this mess happened. Any information on how to add rejection and resubmissions would be greatly appreciated.

This is what I was referring to about Visas for Spouses of US Citizens and him having a visa on reserve already. This information comes from another website called immigration.about.com.

In order to become a permanent resident, you must obtain an immigration visa number. U.S. law limits the number of immigrant visas available each year. This means that even if the USCIS approves an immigrant visa petition for you, an immigrant visa number may not be issued to you right away. In some cases, several years could pass between the time USCIS approves your immigrant visa petition and the State Department gives you an immigrant visa number. In addition, U.S. law also limits the number of immigrant visas available by country. This means you may have to wait longer if you come from a country with a high demand for U.S. immigrant visas.

Eligibility

Immigrant visa numbers are assigned based on a preference system.

Immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, including parents, spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21, do not have to wait for an immigrant visa number to become available once the petition filed for them is approved by the USCIS. An immigrant visa number will be immediately available for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens.

This is exactly what I was told, that the number of visas are limited each year and that because he is the Spouse of a US Citizen they have reserved a visa for him already. Now he just needs to go to his interview to get the visa number that has been assigned to him. I do understand that they still have the ability to deny for whatever reason but my point was that he has one waiting for him already upon approval.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.