2,584 posts in this topic

Surprising no approvals for Month of May.. Some of the Jan/Feb/Mar filers got NOA2 in less than a month. mine is almost 90days..

Surely those are DCFs. Recent stats show only 13 people from March have been approved, most of which the USC lives abroad (which usually means they're approved quicker). I'm still having fun waiting, 130 days later, and there's still plenty of Jan/Feb filers waiting as well.

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yea it appears thatjune and july are the months every worker is pushing k-1 visas. I'm dumbfounded to see k-1s so far ahead of thespouse applications.. it seems like spouse visas are lucky to see one approved each day yet every day there are 10 k-1s done... I just pray they flip that switch soon and bang out all the march april and may applications in august and september. Every day I pray for a miracle :'(

Wow waiting on this I-130 is def hard. Not sure if I should make plans to see my husband soon or just wait until xmas. :( I really want to be in the UK when he has his interview.

* 21 APR 2016 - 90 Days before husbands conditional green card expires

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yea it appears thatjune and july are the months every worker is pushing k-1 visas. I'm dumbfounded to see k-1s so far ahead of thespouse applications.. it seems like spouse visas are lucky to see one approved each day yet every day there are 10 k-1s done... I just pray they flip that switch soon and bang out all the march april and may applications in august and september. Every day I pray for a miracle :'(

I called yesterday and spoke to a tier 2 IO and he said that my petition was touched sometime in the middle of this month and that I should call back August 16th. I'm a USC in Maryland and my husband is abroad. I'm hoping that this is a good sign that we should start seeing approvals in August. My Date is MAy 16th

I called yesterday and spoke to a tier 2 IO and he said that my petition was touched sometime in the middle of this month and that I should call back August 16th. I'm a USC in Maryland and my husband is abroad. I'm hoping that this is a good sign that we should start seeing approvals in August. My Date is MAy 16th

BTW, he said he was telling me the information because he didn't want me to think that my file is just laying on someone's desk. lol He must have been reading my mind. SMH

fd3u1e2o6t.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I just checked online and our case has not been touched since May 16th sad.png

Not sure if the website is correct because last month (June) I called about a service request and without asking the woman said the last time my case was touched was 5/23 but online it said and still says 5/20. I'm starting to believe that the date doesn't change until the approval or some othe major change such as address.

fd3u1e2o6t.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

BTW, he said he was telling me the information because he didn't want me to think that my file is just laying on someone's desk. lol He must have been reading my mind. SMH

Hi Mrs. Parker,

Thanks very much for posting this news. It's the best news I have heard on VJ in quite some time. I am also a May filer (May 7).

I did notice that a few petitions ahead of mine and behind mine had had the update "On July 2, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN that you filed." (not necessarily all that date) so I thought they might see an approval soon, however I assumed they were filing from abroad.

Good luck to us all!!! luv.gif

My friend who went through this process sent me this quote today:

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” Paulo Coelho

Let's try to think positive and pray for some action from NBC soon!

Timeline

am hoping and praying that ours get approve soon, my cousin did interview today and got approved in Jamaica it took then 7 months for everything

Timeline

am hoping and praying that ours get approve soon, my cousin did interview today and got approved in Jamaica it took then 7 months for everything

OMG!! My husband said the same thing about a few people cases in Jamaica so I'm hoping this is true. At the same time..I don't want to get my hopes up either.

fd3u1e2o6t.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

OMG!! My husband said the same thing about a few people cases in Jamaica so I'm hoping this is true. At the same time..I don't want to get my hopes up either.

it is true, they on jan 10 approve april 20 something and interview and approved today july 25 2013

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

70 days!!!

And I thought I was never going to wait this long.

My IR-1 Consular Proccess
11.05.2005: Interview Success at London, England.
03.02.2011: Naturalized Citizen.

Wife IR-1 Petition
09.01.2012: Met wife in Melbourne, Australia.
05.16.2013: Marriage Ceremony.
05.19.2013: I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox.
05.21.2013: I-130 Delivered at Chicago Lockbox. Routed to NBC.
05.24.2013: I-130 Fee Check Cashed.
05.28.2013: Notice of Action (NOA-1).

Adjustment of Status from B2 Vistior Visa

09.06.2013: I-485 sent with copy of I-130 and I-765.

09.07.2013: I-485 packet arrived Chicago Lockbox.

09.09.2013: I-485 packet accepted.

09.10.2013. I-485 and I-765 case numbers assigned, and check cashed.

09.10.2013: Notice of Action (NOA-1) for I-1485 arrived via email.

09.18.2013: Biometrics Fingerprints Appointment.

XX.XX.XXXX: Employment Authorization Card

Timeline

it is true, they on jan 10 approve april 20 something and interview and approved today july 25 2013

Thanks for this info... smile.png Good to hear. One question, were they both in Jamaica or Seperate?

fd3u1e2o6t.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just wanted to let everyone know that these petitions can make a difference if everyone takes a few minutes to get them out there. I found this petition 2 days ago and they had only 225 signatures. I started posting the link in my groups on here and posted it on my Facebook page and asked my family and friends to share the link to the petition. In 2 days the petition has gone from 225 signatures to 375. That's just in 2 days. This petition got started over a month ago and had only gotten 225 signatures. There have been 150 new signatures in the last 2 days. So again, I encourage everyone to share this link on their personal social media and get the word out. Something has to be done, even it change doesn't happen before my husband gets here, I'd like to think maybe I helped others down the road.

http://www.change.org/petitions/president-obama-uscis-dhs-decrease-wait-time-for-i-130-petition-for-alien-relative

Moving right along - Case Complete! Next step...Interview! dancin5hr.gif

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-04-04

I-130 Sent : 2013-04-26

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-04-29

I-130 Approved : 2013-09-30

NVC Received : 2013-10-09

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2013-10-09

Pay I-864 Bill 2013-10-10

Receive I-864 Package : 2013-10-10

Return Completed I-864 : 2013-10-10

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2013-10-10

Receive IV Bill : 2013-10-16

Pay IV Bill : 2013-10-16

Case Completed at NVC : 2013-12-09

Interview Date :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.