155 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Tell me, does the permanent resident card say specific "Conditional Green card"?

because my only says permanent resident card.

NO. it doesn't. But you should now this, since you were the one married. The important thing for you to state is how long were you married before applying for AOS?. If married over 2 years, They issue you the conditional card and you have to remove the conditions to obtain a permanent one.

But if you said you married in 2006 and GC expired in 2008, then it was obviously conditional. Your only recourse now is a good immigration lawyer.

Sorry if i seem rude but i just do not understand how people can be so careless, when it comes to US immigration we all fight hard to stay and live in this great country.!. Keeping up with your own immigration issues is entirely up to you. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

no, im not playing.

i'm trying to get information from everywhere, even my ex-wife and she doesn't remember 100%

OK, I'll play...

Do you HAVE your GC in your possession at the moment?

If you do, why not answer the questions?

People have asked questions here trying to figure out what is going on and how it all went wrong, and all you every reply is: I don't know, I don't care, etc.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

OK, I'll play...

Do you HAVE your GC in your possession at the moment?

If you do, why not answer the questions?

People have asked questions here trying to figure out what is going on and how it all went wrong, and all you every reply is: I don't know, I don't care, etc.

Because i'm trying to see if my ex-wife remember is we did something about this.

She says she think we did and that the card is somewhere. Still not a solid answer and i'm in the same spot.

My expired card says CR6

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-26573/0-0-0-32054.html

CR6 - Spouse of a country-regionplaceU.S. citizen - conditional .

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

You are supposed to carry your GC with you at all times. So can't you look at it and see what the expiration date is?

This comment will side-track this thread to oblivion. Let's not go there :)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

Because i'm trying to see if my ex-wife remember is we did something about this.

She says she think we did and that the card is somewhere. Still not a solid answer and i'm in the same spot.

My expired card says CR6

So, let me ask again:

1. What did you show to your employer when you started your job (if it was after the GC expiration)

2. What did you show to DMV when renewing your license.

None of this adds up. All of this sounds like a troll attempt: "I don't remember if we did something", "card might be somewhere", etc

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

CR6 . Is conditional. Meaning your Status in the US expires UNLESS you remove the conditions by filing form I-751 with your wife.

Nothing else to see here. it is IMPERATIVE you hire a good immigration attorney to see if they even can help you now.

This will be a lesson for you i am sure. Good luck.

So, let me ask again:

1. What did you show to your employer when you started your job (if it was after the GC expiration)

2. What did you show to DMV when renewing your license.

None of this adds up. All of this sounds like a troll attempt: "I don't remember if we did something", "card might be somewhere", etc

For work i showed everything they asked me to show. Do i remember what i showed, no its 5 years a go.

For my driving license i don't have to show anything. i even transferred my old marriage car to my name because it was under both names.

All that got done with no problem. I didn't have to show any evidence or proof or residency.

i know that you cannot have a driving license without a visa or permission of any kinds to obtain a driving licence.

Timeline

For work i showed everything they asked me to show. Do i remember what i showed, no its 5 years a go.

For my driving license i don't have to show anything. i even transferred my old marriage car to my name because it was under both names.

All that got done with no problem. I didn't have to show any evidence or proof or residency.

i know that you cannot have a driving license without a visa or permission of any kinds to obtain a driving licence.

Yeah, at this point I'm gonna classify you as a troll... or, just a really really absent minded person.

Got a lawyer yet?

Enjoy the flight home (this might be crass, but this is just beyond ridiculous, all of the posts!)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

This comment will side-track this thread to oblivion. Let's not go there smile.png

I'm confused, I thought you were asking the OP to check the expiration date on their GC as well? Never mind then, I guess I am not helping.

VJAvatar.jpg

Timeline

I'm confused, I thought you were asking the OP to check the expiration date on their GC as well? Never mind then, I guess I am not helping.

There has been a lot of back and forth argument about carrying the GC on one's person at all times :)

It's about 50/50 issue.

I don't let my wife carry the card with her, for example. But we have copies with us. Then again, we do not live in a border state.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

So you don't have the green card in your possession? You can't look at it and see when it expires? So, go to your employer and ask to see a copy of your file. For the I-9 they are required to have copies of the documents. Thus, they would have a copy of your green card. Or call USCIS and ask about when your green card expires. Better yet, make an infopass and go to the office and inquire.

If you have lost your green card, you need to file for a replacement.

Timeline

So you don't have the green card in your possession? You can't look at it and see when it expires? So, go to your employer and ask to see a copy of your file. For the I-9 they are required to have copies of the documents. Thus, they would have a copy of your green card. Or call USCIS and ask about when your green card expires. Better yet, make an infopass and go to the office and inquire.

If you have lost your green card, you need to file for a replacement.

If any of this is true and he goes to INFOPASS, there's very little chance he'll be actually walking out of there on his own :)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.