Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2013

1,529 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Ciao!

I m going to translate my birth and Police certs and include a statement to say that Im fluent in English and French.

As for the Police cert, it is my belief that the NVC sends all the paperwork to the Embassy once your case is complete so they should have it. However I am still going to make a copy of it (and the whole AOS and IV package, plus I130) for the interview, simply in case they ask me for some of the documentation.

Grazie!

I think I'll do just the way you're doing it. Seems the most efficient and safe way. Hope this last steps before the interview goes fast and smoothly for all of us :)

Thanks again

Giovanna

HELP!!!!

I realised, after my husband's scanne all 3 AOS packages, that he s used my cover sheet for my children's applications instead of theirs (no, I won't rant.... ranting33va.gif ).

All the docs were sent Friday. What are we to do?

Is this going to delay our applications?

Were they all sent together in the same envelope? For the children's applications, did you write their case numbers on each page?

Honestly, it shouldn't delay the case too much. At most, just a day I'd think as they'd just need to quickly verify that the AOS fee was paid. And since your cover sheet was at least provided, that'd be proof in itself as you only pay one AOS fee per case, so there really shouldn't be any delay. But, you never know with these people.

Hello, me and my husband are getting the package IV ready, he's going to mail me some documents, I'll add some more and then I'll send it to the NVC. I have few doubts and even if I read some experiences I was hoping any of you could give me more prcice information.

Do I need to send translated copies of my birth certificate?

Also are they going to ask my police certificate at the interview too? If so, I need to send one to the NVC and keep another one ready for the interview, am I right? Does it need to be translated? Since the police certificate costs some money, I don't wannna ask for more unneeded copies or not get enough copies.

Thank you smile.png

There's a question about translating documents in the FAQ. I think you should re-read it ;)

Like Clemjam said, all documents submitted at NVC will be sent to the embassy afterwards. There may be country-specific requirements of course, but I don't think I recall any embassy requiring a new police certificate at the interview (unless the PCC has expired by the time of the interview).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Were they all sent together in the same envelope? For the children's applications, did you write their case numbers on each page?

Honestly, it shouldn't delay the case too much. At most, just a day I'd think as they'd just need to quickly verify that the AOS fee was paid. And since your cover sheet was at least provided, that'd be proof in itself as you only pay one AOS fee per case, so there really shouldn't be any delay. But, you never know with these people.

Thanks Saylin, I KNEW I'd have to do it all by myself (even JUST the cover sheet to rpint!)! He did write down case numbers and applicant's name on each pages.

To make sure though, I will call the NVC tomorrow as soon as they open and shall let you all know (for future reference) :)

I'm the beneficiary
Married June 2010

USCIS (49 days) NVC (42 days)

02/06/13 I130 sent 04/12/2013 NVC received file

02/08/13 I130 delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 04/23/2013 Case numbers assigned and DS3032 emailed

02/13/13 NOA1 04/29/2013 Cases finally linked for AOS payment - paid straightaway

02/13/13 Fees cashed on 05/02/2013 DS3032 accepted
02/16/13 I797 received (pd 02/08/2013) 05/03/2013 AOS packages sent
04/02/2013 Available on USCIS website 05/03/2013 IV fee paid
04/03/2013 NOA2 05/04/2013 AOS status 'PAID'

04/08/2013 Paper NOA2 received 05/06/2013 IV package sent
05/08/2013 AOS and IV delivered to NVC
05/17/2013 Expedite request filed

05/21/2013 IV Package approved (9 bus. days)

05/22/2013 AOS on hold (new version used)
05/24/2013 Expedite approved by Paris Embassy (docs shipped on same day)

EMBASSY (Paris) POE 08/15/2013 PHI

05/24/2013 applications received by email

05/2/2013 paper applications received

05/30/2013 moved from 'in transit' to 'ready' on DOS

06/03/2013 email received for medical and interview

06/21/2013 medical

06/26/2013 interview - APPROVED!!!!

Thanks Saylin, I KNEW I'd have to do it all by myself (even JUST the cover sheet to rpint!)! He did write down case numbers and applicant's name on each pages.

To make sure though, I will call the NVC tomorrow as soon as they open and shall let you all know (for future reference) smile.png

If the case numbers were written on each page, you're golden good.gif

Good luck with the NVC operator tomorrow. I'd like to hear their answer laughing.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi,

I have a quick question. I am trying to arrange my documents for NVC processing and I have been reading a lot of info from this website. I called NVC last week and they said the case was received on April 29th so I am just waiting for my case number so I can start submitting the documents. All the other documents seems straight forward but I was looking at the DS-230 form and I thought it was for a CR-1 or IR-1 which is same visa category as mine. The sample completed form had the person say that he is single and he didn't give out the spouse's info. I am confused about that...hmm...can anyone explain this to me. I thought u would say that u are married and give out the spouse's info (name, dob, occupation , address (will be the same) and date of marriage). Can anyone tell me where to find an updated sample of DS-230 if this was not one that I need to look at. Thanks!

02/15/13: Filed I-130 and got my NOA104/15/13: I-130 approved and got my NOA204/29/13: NVC received my file05/13/13: Case/IIN received05/13/13: DS-3032 sent05/24/13: DS-3032 1st email rejected, sent a second one and that one got rejected too on the same day.05/28/13: AOS bill invoiced and received email from NVC with all the info.05/28/13: Paid AOS bill right away.05/28/13: As soon as I received the official AOS email, I sent a 3rd DS-3032 email with "supervisor review" as the subject.05/29/13: NVC sent an email accepting the DS-3032 email smile.png (Alhamdulilah)O5/30/13: AOS bill shows PAID05/30/13: Received official DS-3032 Email and IV invoice info (waiting for the IV bill invoice to show up on payment portal)05/31/13: IV bill invoiced05/31/13: Pay IV Bill06/01/13: Sent out the AOS package (hoping In shaa Allah that I don't get a checklist)06/03/13: IV bill shows PAID06/04/13: Sent out the IV package (hoping In shaa Allah that I don't get a checklist)06/18/13: AOS package accepted (Alhamdulilah smile.png, no check list)06/20/13: IV package accepted (Alhamdulilah smile.png, no check list)06/20/13: Case complete at NVC dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifAlhamdulilah07/31/13: Medicaldancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifIn shaa Allah may Allah make it easier for him, Amiin.<p>08/14/13: Interview date at Nairobi Embassy dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif In shaa Allah may Allah make it easier for him, Amiin. (Interview date changed because they had a problem finding the medical)01/07/2015: visa approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

goofy.gif Yay, IV packages ready to be sent off by UPS on the morrow! goofy.gif

I'm the beneficiary
Married June 2010

USCIS (49 days) NVC (42 days)

02/06/13 I130 sent 04/12/2013 NVC received file

02/08/13 I130 delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 04/23/2013 Case numbers assigned and DS3032 emailed

02/13/13 NOA1 04/29/2013 Cases finally linked for AOS payment - paid straightaway

02/13/13 Fees cashed on 05/02/2013 DS3032 accepted
02/16/13 I797 received (pd 02/08/2013) 05/03/2013 AOS packages sent
04/02/2013 Available on USCIS website 05/03/2013 IV fee paid
04/03/2013 NOA2 05/04/2013 AOS status 'PAID'

04/08/2013 Paper NOA2 received 05/06/2013 IV package sent
05/08/2013 AOS and IV delivered to NVC
05/17/2013 Expedite request filed

05/21/2013 IV Package approved (9 bus. days)

05/22/2013 AOS on hold (new version used)
05/24/2013 Expedite approved by Paris Embassy (docs shipped on same day)

EMBASSY (Paris) POE 08/15/2013 PHI

05/24/2013 applications received by email

05/2/2013 paper applications received

05/30/2013 moved from 'in transit' to 'ready' on DOS

06/03/2013 email received for medical and interview

06/21/2013 medical

06/26/2013 interview - APPROVED!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, me and my husband are getting the package IV ready, he's going to mail me some documents, I'll add some more and then I'll send it to the NVC. I have few doubts and even if I read some experiences I was hoping any of you could give me more prcice information.

Do I need to send translated copies of my birth certificate?

Also are they going to ask my police certificate at the interview too? If so, I need to send one to the NVC and keep another one ready for the interview, am I right? Does it need to be translated? Since the police certificate costs some money, I don't wannna ask for more unneeded copies or not get enough copies.

Thank you smile.png

I was missing you??? How are ya?????

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding my husbands case. We are currently waiting on USCIS to send over his case to NVC, I wanted to have all the documents prepped so they can be sent out once the fees are paid.

My story is as follows: For last year 2012 I made well over the poverty guidelines to sponsor my husband, however in November I lost my job and became pregnant while on my trip to Nicaragua to visit him, now that I am back ive had a hard time finding employment. I will fill out an I-864 for him since I am his sponsor even though I do not meet the poverty guidelines. My aunt will co sponsor my husband, she is married but has always filed separately.

Can someone please calirfy a few things for me?

My questions are-

I am collecting unemployment, should include that on my I-864?

My aunt has 3 children of which she only claims 2 and leaves the 3rd for my uncle to claim, if she fills out the I864 does she need to file my uncle as a joint sponsor? and as for the poverty guidelines does she go based off of the poverty guidelines for a family of 4 (My aunt + her two children she claims+ my husband) whom is the intending immigrant?

Or does she include all 6 ( My aunt, uncle, 3 kids, and my husband)?

My aunt is a LPR is she ok to sponsor my husband?

Sorry for all the questions but I would be ever so grateful to anyone who can clarify these things for me!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

medical exam fee

visa packet delivery fee (unsure if need to pay this for singapura or no, but you'll find out on interview day)

greencard issuance fee of 165.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

NOA-2 03-11-2013 (MSC number)

NVC doesn't have the file yet (so they say...)

Congressional inquiry: adjudicated at Houston field office; sent to NVC on 04-09-2013

Lost?? Sent to the wrong place?? NVC sitting on it?? Further congressional inquiry in progress...

Saylin, in the meantime, I have a question for you. In preparation for NVC, my wife and I have collected all the necessary documents, including a hardcopy choice of agent form, signed/dated 04-15-2013. If I send this in, say at the end of May, does the April date matter? And if I send the hardcopy (rather than email submission from my wife), do I need to do the barcode business at the top of the form?

Thanks, and best regards

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

re: lost casefile - hound the ILS Human to get info on the casefile with the local office, that local office has a congressional liason person that deals with him/her. You need to find out if it was sent to NRC or NVC, IMO. I had this issue last month, wrote much about what I did. Check my profile for the timeticks.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

There's a question about translating documents in the FAQ. I think you should re-read it wink.png

Like Clemjam said, all documents submitted at NVC will be sent to the embassy afterwards. There may be country-specific requirements of course, but I don't think I recall any embassy requiring a new police certificate at the interview (unless the PCC has expired by the time of the interview).

Right, I will re-read everything. I just get a bit too nervous sometimes and skip the obvious steps like reading the FAQ.

Thanks a lot!

Giovanna

Hi Saylin..while filling out the I-864z application..it asked if i filed for the most recent tax year..You have to first tick the box then fill in those spaces...My question is.. as my husband hasn't yet filed for his taxes and we want to send the extension letter.. should i check the box or leave it unchecked and put see the attached sheet? So basically how do i go about filling out the Tax section on there?

Filed: Timeline

NOA-2 03-11-2013 (MSC number)

NVC doesn't have the file yet (so they say...)

Congressional inquiry: adjudicated at Houston field office; sent to NVC on 04-09-2013

Lost?? Sent to the wrong place?? NVC sitting on it?? Further congressional inquiry in progress...

Saylin, in the meantime, I have a question for you. In preparation for NVC, my wife and I have collected all the necessary documents, including a hardcopy choice of agent form, signed/dated 04-15-2013. If I send this in, say at the end of May, does the April date matter? And if I send the hardcopy (rather than email submission from my wife), do I need to do the barcode business at the top of the form?

Thanks, and best regards

have you tried mailing an inquiry to the Houston Field Office street address?

I had an issue my local field office in San Francisco. I overnighted the concern to them via a Fedex letter. Two days later the adjudicating officer assigned to me emailed me with their desk phone number and direct email address. They answered the phone every time and emailed me promptly. They told me NOA2 two days before the computer emailed me, and they even said that "if NVC doesnt get this in two weeks" to call her back directly.

not sure if Houston will be this helpful, but Its worth a shot...

Edited by dubaiguy

08NOV2012 - NOA1

19APR2013 - NOA2- (processed via local field office)

29APR2013 - NVC Received Case

13MAY2013 - Case # and IIN# (DS-3032 sent)

29MAY2013 - AOS INV Received and Paid, 864W sent

30MAY2013 - Received DS-3032 Acceptance Email

31MAY2013 - AOS shows PAID

31MAY2013 - IV INV Received and Paid, ds230 sent

3JUNE2013 - IV shows PAID

19JUNE2013 - Case Complete!

17JULY2013-received interview date

28AUG2013 - Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.