F&Z

How long?

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Just curious, how long did everyone know their fiancee before you filed? Zhenya and I have known each other for a pretty short time, although I guess once this is all done we will practically have grown up together. :) Anyway, just curious if others are in the same boat, or if you have known each other longer? How do you get by being apart for so long?

we knew each other for 1.5 years when we filed. Technically we only met twice within that timeframe if you will: on his first 2-week trip to Germany and then when I spent 3 months in the US with him.

I think it´s crucial that you meet your lady in person and experience her in her day-to-day environment. Also, I think a gentleman should take the frist trip to show his interest is genuine :)

My 3- months stay was a wonderful experience that helped deepen our bond and establish a closeness that skype simply couldn´t.

I don´t know if Russia is in the Visa Waiver Program too (I´m afraid it´s not), but that made it super-easy for me to visit for a longer period of time and get to know him and the area better.

You should look into that or the possibility of a tourist visa, maybe it´s an option for you guys too.

Good luck on your journey!

Edited by Jaz&Bry

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Just curious, how long did everyone know their fiancee before you filed? Zhenya and I have known each other for a pretty short time, although I guess once this is all done we will practically have grown up together. :) Anyway, just curious if others are in the same boat, or if you have known each other longer? How do you get by being apart for so long?

We have known each other since we were born.....I moved to the US with my parents 15 years ago and we reunited and got engaged...funny how things work!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We have known each other since we were both at high school( we went to different high school and saw each other only a few times) and that was more than a decade ago. Have since learnt that we each have feelings for each other back then but none of us made a move. I moved to the United States in 2006 and she went to college. I reached out to her online back in 2008 but she was not single at the time. We stay friends and I tried to move on with my life but somehow my mind came back to her and so in early 2011 I reached out to her again and this time she was available and still had feelings for me. Officially dating for a little over 2 years and filed back in January. We have visited each other multiple times since then.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

We met 6 years ago but started dating roughly 2 and a half years ago. In addition we've been living together for almost 2 years already. From what I've seen here in the last 3 months I'm probably the only person here filling for this type of visa and living together with my fiance and I couldn't be happier.

I know it is difficult to wait... I know you feel like you're putting your life 'on hold', but believe me at the end it's all worth it!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

K1:

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-02-25

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-06-14

NVC Received : 2013-06-27

NVC Left : 2013-06-28

Consulate Received : 2013-07-04

Packet 3 Received : 2013-07-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2013-07-15

Packet 4 Received : 2013-07-16

Interview Date : 2013-07-23

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2013-08-02

Important:

US Entry : 2013-09-04

Marriage : 2013-09-28

AOS:

Date Filed : 2013-10-23

NOA: Hopefully today

EAD:

Date Filed : 2013-10-23

NOA: Hopefully today

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

5 years here!

I-129F Timeline:

Jan/23 2013 : I-129F received at USCIS, Lewisville, TX
Jan/25 2013 : NOA1 received - California Service Center
Jan/30 2013 : A# changed
Feb/1 : NOA1 hard copy received

May/2 : Touched

May/22: NOA2 text

May/25: NOA2 hard copy received

Jun/10: Case arrived at the NVC (took 13 business days)

Jun/13: Case is out to Lima Embassy!

June/21: Lima Embassy received it! changed from "in transit" to ready!

August/5 : Interview approved!

October/19: Got married

AOS Timeline:

Feb/14 2014: AOS packet sent out to Chicago Lockbox

Feb/17 2014: USPS webpage updated as packet received in Chicago

Feb/18 2014: Travel and work permit received

Feb/21 2014: I-485 doc received

Feb/24 2014: Got a text and email

Feb/27 2014: Got NOA1 hardcopies

March/3 2014: Received biometrics letter.

March/19 2014: Biometrics appt

April/28 2014: EAD/AP combo approved and mailed

May/5 2014: EAD received

June/5 2014: Interview waiver letter received

Jan/8 2015: Green Card is being produced!!! after almost 11 months...

ROC:

Nov/19 2016: Package sent.

Nov/21 2016: NOA 1 Received

Dec/4 2016: Biometrics Letter received

Dec/14 2016: Biometrics completed

July/12 2017: Got GC on the mail. 

7 years before we met in person, then about a year after that we filed for me to move to the us

My Journey Uk To Usa

K1
I-129f Sent:- 19-Aug-2010
Date of Entry-27-May-2011
Date Married-24-June-2011

AOS
AOS/EAD Sent:08-Aug-2011
Green Card Received: 16-Nov-2011

ROC

i-751 Sent 01-Nov-2013

i-751 NOA1 04-Nov-2013

i-751 Biometrics App. 08-Nov-2013

i-751 Biometrics Completed 29-Nov-2013

Nearly there, and for those who are just starting the k1 it is a long wait but once it is over the time feels well spent

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Incredible! And no language barriers either I bet. :)

:) Definitely no language barriers as we're both fluent in Russian and English

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Good luck to everyone and hope the marriages work, some people marry after a short time and it lasts

me personally would never make that permanent decision under 2.5 yrs

I would agree, this is very important decision in your life and I hope no one makes it lightly, especially considering that it is a long distance relationship where your brain draws a perfect picture and hormones makes the rest when you meet in real life, some lucky ones can travel often or be able to spend months together to get to know each other but for the rest you have to weight cultural difference, language barrier, relocation and cultural shock and actual possibility of a fraud especially if it is been only short time. For us it was over 2 years before we decided to start the process but we have no barriers I described, if there were I would probably waited longer

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Wow Lynkali! That's a LONG time, dang! I can't imagine how you could be away from each other for so long.

My timeline is closer to barron555...6 weeks. But when you know...you just know. :)

We both were honest with each other and totally open. When we agreed to pursue the K-1 at the end of our meeting in person, we both knew that we really didn't know each other very well, regardless of our constant communications and the content of the same, and both agreed that we needed to really get busy during the K-1 process to learn all about each other. The Love word was never appropriate and never used at this time; that came much later.

We also both agreed the at any time during the process, either could back out and call it quits with understanding from the other. We further agreed that during the 90 days to get married here in the US, she had the final say.

You guys seem to be following a similar path but I worry about the content of your communications and the feeling I get that you are moving too fast, that you send some money, that you are already talking about the visa.....that is very fast based on only online communications.

Do you have her phone number?

I welcome you to move to the RUB regional forum where there are many nice folks, in all stages of the process, who can help with everything; many of us have met in person also.

Phil

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.