jane21

Anyone else waiting for k3 approval?

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband filed on Dec. 20 for I-130 and after a week he received i797 and on January 15 he filed i29f.. We check our case on the site of uscis its still initial review.. We are Still waiting for noa2! Anybody there who has the same case?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved from CR-1 to K-3 forums as OP is asking about K-3.

K-3 is generally not approved anymore and closed at the NVC. Your case is taking a very long time because of this.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband filed on Dec. 20 for I-130 and after a week he received i797 and on January 15 he filed i29f.. We check our case on the site of uscis its still initial review.. We are Still waiting for noa2! Anybody there who has the same case?

Our NOA 1 for the I-130 is December 17th 2012(our one year marriage anniversary) and we then submitted our I-129F with a NOA 1 date of January 17th 2013. Our case is complicated, so this is why we chose to do it this way. Our case is being processed at the National Benefit Center. Our I-130 is still in Initial Review, and our I-129F received an RFE. As of April 8 the I-129F is in RFE evidence review. Still waiting.

You made it more complicated honestly. Cr1 is straightforward and the k3 is a one time use visa like the k1 that costs more due to adjustment of status. Plus it's rarely given anymore because the NVC closes the I-129f as mentioned. A consulate or embassy may also close the K3 path if there is an approved I-130.

You didn't file that long ago and cases typically take about 6 months for the petition decision. I know the wait is super hard! I hope it goes faster for ya.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Our NOA 1 for the I-130 is December 17th 2012(our one year marriage anniversary) and we then submitted our I-129F with a NOA 1 date of January 17th 2013. Our case is complicated, so this is why we chose to do it this way. Our case is being processed at the National Benefit Center. Our I-130 is still in Initial Review, and our I-129F received an RFE. As of April 8 the I-129F is in RFE evidence review. Still waiting.

[/

what is RFE? we are the same still waiting hopefully by this month we will receive our noa2.. gudluck for us!

Timeline

You made it more complicated honestly. Cr1 is straightforward and the k3 is a one time use visa like the k1 that costs more due to adjustment of status. Plus it's rarely given anymore because the NVC closes the I-129f as mentioned. A consulate or embassy may also close the K3 path if there is an approved I-130.

You didn't file that long ago and cases typically take about 6 months for the petition decision. I know the wait is super hard! I hope it goes faster for ya.

Oh really? I'm going to tell that to my husband thank you! Because we all know that we are applying for k3 that's what my husband told me.. Its really hard but we can't do anything but wait.. ;( thank you again for the information

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Plan on the Cr1 path, begin reading about the process. The I129F will probably be closed at NVC as has been the case for many years.

When filing the I129F lots of filers experience longer processing times. The theory is that you lose your place in line when the I129F is filed

good luck

Edited by canadian_wife

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

Plan on the Cr1 path, begin reading about the process. The I129F will probably be closed at NVC as has been the case for many years.

When filing the I129F lots of filers experience longer processing times. The theory is that you lose your place in line when the I129F is filed

good luck

i dont understand.. but we will receive the approval of I-130 right?

i dont understand.. but we will receive the approval of I-130 right?

Hopefully....We can't say if your case or anyone else's case will be approved or denied or asked for more evidence (RFE = Request For Evidence)

Inputting the I-129F won't cause a denial to your case but it may cause it to take longer than if you had just filed the I-130.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Hopefully....We can't say if your case or anyone else's case will be approved or denied or asked for more evidence (RFE = Request For Evidence)

Inputting the I-129F won't cause a denial to your case but it may cause it to take longer than if you had just filed the I-130.

Oh ok thank you alot! :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

K-3 is generally not approved anymore and closed at the NVC. Your case is taking a very long time because of this.

The section of the post above I lined out is incorrect because it implies USCIS would not approve an I-129F filed to start the K3 process which is not the case. USCIS has nothing to do with administrative closure of the K3.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

MAN! My brain is cramping just trying to figure out the basics here.

So my first Q is answered. Time frame is typically 6 months for a K3.

Next noob Qs

I file a I 130

Should I hold on to the I 129f or file it after NOA1?

SHEESH! What a racket! All those illegals can just file a waiver and be welcomed "home" with open arms while those of us who choose the legal route have to wait for months on end to be with our lawfully wedded. Good thing I'm retired and can just go the TR/PR (Green Card) route and stay in country with my blushing bride while we wait......and wait....and wait.

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Timeline

Next noob Qs

I file a I 130

SHEESH! What a racket! All those illegals can just file a waiver and be welcomed "home" with open arms while those of us who choose the legal route have to wait for months on end to be with our lawfully wedded. Good thing I'm retired and can just go the TR/PR (Green Card) route and stay in country with my blushing bride while we wait......and wait....and wait.

you are right! but whatelse we can do right? we have to follow the law.. hehe.. in our case we filed I-130 first then when we receive our noa1 we filed the i29f its been 4months already and we still waiting for noa2..

Next noob Qs

I file a I 130

No the time frame for a k3 is not 6 months. That is approximately how long it takes the petitions to be approved. Since it is the USCIS's policy to adjudicate the petitions together, the I-130 seems to be pulled out of line and put in at the back when matched up with an I-129f. Because of this they're often approved at the same time or close together. If the I-129f reaches the NVC at the same time or after the I-130 then the NVC closes the I-129f and proceeds on the superior cr1/ir1 visa path. If the I-129f reaches them before they may keep it open and send it to a consulate. However if there is an approved I-130 a consulate may close the k3 visa path themselves. (By reach, I mean when the NVC accepts the package and scans it in, and gives you a case number, not when it actually arrives.)

Either way the path to a green card takes longer with the k3 and also costs almost twice much.

While daca petitions were given priority when they shouldn't have been, it doesn't affect the CR1 process because stand alone I-130s are adjudicated at local offices or the NBC,not into the regular service centers. Also this is NOT the forum for the discussion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.