CM&MI

CSC K1 Approval

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hello All,

We received our approval today. 10 days ago I emailed my US Senator's office. I included all of the information that I could about the process. I included the Visa Journey site so that they could understand how I was coming up with my information. I included excuses given to other congressional offices, as found on VJ. I talked about the fact that CSC has been working on July 18, 2012 for the last four months. I preemptively agreed with the whole first come first serve basis of approval. What I pointed out was that there were 11 million applications that seem to have cut in line. That, I was not above the law but, I did not feel it fair that many people who are following the law, now seem to be affected by those who have not. I basically thanked them, informed them of what they could expect as an answer from CSC.

I received an email today from the Senator's office stating that the info I had given allowed for an informed argument and dismissal of the excuses given by CSC. I was told to expect to hear from them soon as the USCIS representative was confounded with the informed person on the other end of the line. The Senator's aide also told me that she had no idea of the things going on and could only take what she was told by USCIS at face value in the past. Well, I received an email from the USCIS 3 hours after hearing from my Senator's office, our approval.

My suggestion to all who are still waiting. If, you have been waiting longer than 6 months, email your US SENATOR'S office. Be very polite letting them know you do not seek preferential treatment but, to be treated fairly. Give them the VJ site for their research. Our Senator's office said that they found out a huge amount of information about the process and current state of affairs from VJ that they had never been privy to in the past. Take your time to document all of the inconsistencies from the USCIS i.e. the plumbing problem that was expected to cause no delay, only to be used as an excuse for 48,000 applications. Give the people you are asking help from the tools they need to help you. My letter to my Senator was a couple of pages of clear, concise information as it pertained to my case.

I wish you all of the best of luck. I thank you all for your help and information. I especially thank all of the people at VJ for this site.

Chris

Probably a coincidence: I don't think your Senators office did anything in the 3 hours you say it took from the time you spoke to them until your approval. Congratulations nonetheless!!

Awesome for you congrats !!

As for myself i would tell the same thing to everybody over 6 months waiting: call you representatives.

16 days ago i was told by my congressman's office that my petition was with an officer for adjudication and i should hear an answer within 30 days.... i thought it would be more like between 1 and 2 weeks but with the holidays and the plumbing issue i am still waiting. So i am wondering why it took 3 hours for you or as someone said earlier maybe just a coincidence.

K1 Journey:

NOA1: 08/21/2012 (CSC)

NOA2: 04/24/2013 (8 months ClockWatch2.gif )

NVC received: 05/02/2013

NVC sent to Embassy: 05/06/2013 (only took 4 days !!)

Packet 3 received: 06/01/2013 (our son's 2nd birthday !!).Packet 3 response leaving in the mail on the next business day (06/04)

Medical: 06/11/2013

Interview: 06/18/2013. No packet 4 received, interview notice given on the phone the day before.

APPROVED !!

POE Chicago: 07/05/2013

AOS (EAD/AP) Journey:

NOA1: 07/30/2013

Biometrics: 09/09/2013

EAD/AP: 10/09/2013

Received a "potential interview waiver case" letter on 11/23/13.

GREEN CARD APPROVED AND IN PRODUCTION ON 03/17/2014

ROC I-751:

Sent: 01/09/16

NOA1: 01/11/16

Approval and Production Notice: 07/29/16

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats :dance:

K1 - Complete
05/01/2011 - Met online
09/15/2011 - Met in person
11/12/2011 - Became engaged
07/09/2012 - Finally got to put His Ring on my finger
02/04/2013 - Mailed off my documents to my fiance
02/13/2013 - Fiance received my documents
03/30/2013 - I-129F sent
04/05/2013 - NOA 1
07/10/2013 - File Transferred to Texas
07/24/2013 - NOA 2
08/23/2013 - USCIS-NVC - Case number received
08/27/2013 - NVC-Consulate
09/03/2013 - Packet 3
09/04/2013 - Packet 4
09/10/2013 - Medical (Passed)
09/12/2013 - Interview (Approved)
09/17/2013 - Visa in hand
11/02/2013 - Border crossing at Sweetgrass completed
11/05/2013 - Arrived in San Antonio
11/16/2013 - Married in San Antonio

Adjustment of Status

04/25/2014 - AOS packaged mailed to Chicago Lock Box.

05/15/2014 - NoA1 received for Aos and EA. AP rejected.

06/16/2014 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/2014 - EA card now in production.

07/10/2014 - EA Card received. YAY JOB HUNTING

08/13/2014 - Letter received staging possible interview waiver and no action for antoher 6 months

03/03/2015 - Apparently we are still within normal processing times and need to wait 87 days

04/27/2015 - RFE - Renew medical, Send some other documents

05/04/2015 - Medical redone

05/07/2015 - RFE request sent back to USCIS

05/08/2015 - RFE request received at USCIS

05/11/2015 - Green card IN PRODUCTION!!!!

05/11/2015 - Welcome letter Mailed!

05/14/2015 - Welcome Letter Received

05/18/2015 - Green Card Received!! FINALLY!!!!

Hello All,

We received our approval today. 10 days ago I emailed my US Senator's office. I included all of the information that I could about the process. I included the Visa Journey site so that they could understand how I was coming up with my information. I included excuses given to other congressional offices, as found on VJ. I talked about the fact that CSC has been working on July 18, 2012 for the last four months. I preemptively agreed with the whole first come first serve basis of approval. What I pointed out was that there were 11 million applications that seem to have cut in line. That, I was not above the law but, I did not feel it fair that many people who are following the law, now seem to be affected by those who have not. I basically thanked them, informed them of what they could expect as an answer from CSC.

I received an email today from the Senator's office stating that the info I had given allowed for an informed argument and dismissal of the excuses given by CSC. I was told to expect to hear from them soon as the USCIS representative was confounded with the informed person on the other end of the line. The Senator's aide also told me that she had no idea of the things going on and could only take what she was told by USCIS at face value in the past. Well, I received an email from the USCIS 3 hours after hearing from my Senator's office, our approval.

My suggestion to all who are still waiting. If, you have been waiting longer than 6 months, email your US SENATOR'S office. Be very polite letting them know you do not seek preferential treatment but, to be treated fairly. Give them the VJ site for their research. Our Senator's office said that they found out a huge amount of information about the process and current state of affairs from VJ that they had never been privy to in the past. Take your time to document all of the inconsistencies from the USCIS i.e. the plumbing problem that was expected to cause no delay, only to be used as an excuse for 48,000 applications. Give the people you are asking help from the tools they need to help you. My letter to my Senator was a couple of pages of clear, concise information as it pertained to my case.

I wish you all of the best of luck. I thank you all for your help and information. I especially thank all of the people at VJ for this site.

Chris

Congratulations!! Great job on that letter and thank you for sharing!!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello All,

Chris

Hello and congrats! I'm an Aug 21st filer and I was wondering if there is any way that you would be able to post any of your letter? I would be great reference to start my own. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

HEY EVERYONE GUESS WHAT!!!!!

MY CONGRESSIONAL OFFICE CALLED CSC TODAY AND THEY SAID NO THERE ARE NO FILES DAMAGED! THERE WAS SOME COMPUTER HARDWARE BUT NOTHING TO CAUSE FURTHER DELAY!

FURTHERMORE, THE LIASON SAID I AM ELIGIBLE FOR PROCESSING!!!!!!! THEY ARE GOING TO CONTACT ME SOON AS IT IS COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SENATORS OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM PASTING BELOW THE REPLY!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!

ROMANS 8:28!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spoke with my congressional unit and no files in CA were destroyed. That information was not correct. The building was closed for two days. None of the I-129F’s were affected. There were some I-130 (Spousal/Child) petitions that got wet – but again, not destroyed. They did lose some computer hardware but they are still up and running.

My liaison stated that you are eligible for processing based on your submittal date. He is going to pull your file and process it. I know that you are very anxious to have your fiancé here in the US. My liaison will call me when it is complete.

Have a great day. C.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats on your NOA2 :)

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All,

Chris

that's awesome info congrats.

Timeline

Hello everyone,

Okay to clear some confusion. I contacted my SENATOR 10 days before I received the email stating that my file was in transit to an adjudicator. Three hours after my Senator rep. emailed me, I received the USCIS approval notification. This was not a coincidence. Our Senator rep. stated that she was fed the same line of BS that the USCIS tries to sell everyone. Thankfully, our rep did not accept these answers. She was prepared, she was informed and she did not accept anything short of action, as it pertained to our petition.

I would suggest that everyone, who is around 7 months or more, to contact their state's US SENATOR. I have been asked to share the email that I had sent to my Senator. Unfortunately, the email I sent was on the online form I had to fill out. I don't have a copy but, I will try to paraphrase. I basically told the Senator what was going on with CSC. I told him that I believed the work load influx from DACA was affecting the process as pertained to our petition. I asked them why it was taking 4 months to complete one days worth of petitions. Most importantly, I introduced VJ to our rep. Thankfully, she looked around, became more informed and was ready for the return phone call from USCIS. I am also fortunate to have had a rep who would not take BS excuses.

Listen, I wish you all the best of luck. The main reason I post my original post was to inform those who were before me in line on how I was able to be approved. I feel badly that we received approval before many in front of us. To those who fall into this category, I am sorry to have jumped ahead, it was not my intention. Mostly, I was writing to complain about the process. It worked out for us and I hope it will work out for all of you. Again, my suggestion is to contact your prospective state's US Senator and inform, educate and plead your individual feelings as it pertains to the process. Make it personal, thank them for the service they give to our country and implore them to help fix this process. I did not ask to be put ahead of anyone. Nor, did I ask to be expedited. My rep did this on her own accord.

I am sorry if this is not specific enough for some but, I think it best for all of us to submit original, personalized requests to our Congressional representatives. Form letters and similarly outlined emails will not allow for personalized experiences and will negate the efforts taken.

Again, I thank you and wish you all the best.

Chris

Timeline

thanks for this post. i will surely try that route and if you can, please post as well the gist of your letter so we would know how to apply it to our own cases that are well over 8 months in the waiting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.