KylieFL

Removal GC condtion after divorce. Evile husband, HELP!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I married to my US citizen husband at June 2010 and got my conditional GC Nov 2010. The following two years were nightmare. He verbally and psychologically abused me and stole money from me, also he was cheating on me (he is a bi-sexual and I found out last year because he was seeing a man! he is not gay, he married to a US woman before). I couldn't stand it anymore so filed divorce and it was finalized at Nov 2012, I filed my I-1751 by myself later that month right before my GC expired.

My ex-husband was threaten all his family and friends so none of them could write an affidavit for me (he also told them I was the evil one), so my only documents submitted to immigration to prove we had a good faith marriage are:

2 years joint lease agreement;

2 years joint banking account;

car insurance and health insurance under both name;

ID card and car registration under the same address;

2 years joint tax return

some utility and cable bills under my name

photos.

I am not sure if this is enough but that all I have. He hided all my stuffs since I filed the divorce. It has been 4 months but I still haven;t heard anything from immigration. I have an attorney but he is very irresponsible. He never answered my call or e-mail after I paid him 6 months ago!

I am so worried I may not get approved. I also will start school this August in another state. Please give me some help here. what's my chance get approved? what else can I do now? should i just give up my GC application and apply for a student visa instead.

After two years of miserable marriage, now I just start a new life, going to school is the only thing I want to do now, and I don;t want my GC issue destroyed it.

Thank you people for your advice!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** MOving from AOS to ROC forum as concerning that process ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The process takes over 6 months. Depending on where you filed it can take over 9 months. So, you're well within processing times. Your attorney can't do anything to speed it up. You just need to wait.

Your evidence doesn't look bad to me. Seriously, just wait. It'll take at LEAST another couple of months.

Timeline

The process takes over 6 months. Depending on where you filed it can take over 9 months. So, you're well within processing times. Your attorney can't do anything to speed it up. You just need to wait.

Your evidence doesn't look bad to me. Seriously, just wait. It'll take at LEAST another couple of months.

Thanks for the respond.

I am moving to another state for school , so I am so worried if I need to be called for the interview or worse,a appeal during my study.

Also, after moved, do I still have my interview at FL or new state?

Timeline

Thanks for the respond.

I am moving to another state for school , so I am so worried if I need to be called for the interview or worse,a appeal during my study.

Also, after moved, do I still have my interview at FL or new state?

you need to change your address by filing AR-11. So you should interview, IF you interview, wherever your address is at the time the interview is scheduled.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you have heard nothing from Immigration, at all? Not even an I-797c, receipt notice, for filing of ROC ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

you have heard nothing from Immigration, at all? Not even an I-797c, receipt notice, for filing of ROC ?

I filed my ROC at November and got the receipt and finger print at December, nothing else since then.

Timeline

I am also wondering would it be helpful I send immigration a detailed letter to explain why we divorced? I didn't send it with my ROC package the first time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am also wondering would it be helpful I send immigration a detailed letter to explain why we divorced? I didn't send it with my ROC package the first time.

No. If they need that they will ask. You are fine.

File an AR-11 to report your change of address and do that as soon as possible as it can take some months for them to record the change. (Yeah, they are slow about everything) If you have an attorney of record, they will send everything to him anyway.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

You can go against to you husband through "Violence Against Women Act of 1994" commonly called VAWA. ask your attorney more about this. this path can take you to citizenship, if you are approved for VAWA.

Timeline

You can go against to you husband through "Violence Against Women Act of 1994" commonly called VAWA. ask your attorney more about this. this path can take you to citizenship, if you are approved for VAWA.

This information does NOT apply to the OP.

The OP has her 2 year GC. The OP is divorced and is filing ROC.

VAWA comes into play when obtaining the first GC. Abuse can be used to obtain ROC but it is harder than doing it based on divorce. As the OP is divorced the obvious choice is the divorce waiver, which she is doing.

The OP is still eligible for citizenship (when her time comes). Filing based on divorce does not affect that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't understand if you came here for your fiance, and it just happened to end after 2 years. Why wouldn't you go back to your country if you are starting over? If I was in the same situation I would come back to US to be around my family. There is always 2 sides to every story so I would assume that immigration is going to want your ex's side also. You should have documents from police on abuse ready just in case. If you don't have anything documenting it I would say your story gets even fishier... I'm only trying to put myself in your shoes, if the same happened to me in China my major concern wouldn't be staying in China it would be having family near.

Timeline

what' s the OP means ?

Original poster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.