Flaxen

Just want to be married and be together

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

We filed for the K1 petition in early August 2012 ... 220 days ago today. There is no guarantee that we will get a response, possibly for months still... we can hope for 'any day' but realistically we have been saying that since January.

My question is... can we legitimately and legally move from a K1 to K3 process? We simply want to get on with our lives... and be married. Can I in any way travel to the States and marry.. stay and leave for any visa processes required in my off shore country? At least waiting for the petition process being together seems more manageable... We want it to be legal and up front though. If it's not legal.. we would not consider doing it.

A complication is that my boss at work is going for a long holiday in a few months.. and I don't want to resign while he's away and leave work in the lurch so to speak. It would be so much more convenient to have a replacement on board before he goes away. I am feeling torn.

Any input appreciated...

event.png

event.png

Nothing has a stronger influence psychologically on their environment and especially on their children than the unlived life of the parent. - Carl Jung

If you marry you will have to start over from the beginning. I know it is hard, but it will be over soon and this pain will melt away. You should get NOA2 soon.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Your filing date is just after mine and I am still waiting. We realy shouldn't have much longer to wait now. Personally, I would wait. My fiance and I agreed we didn't want to spend married life apart for months so we chose the fiance visa. Yes it's hard being away from each other but in a way, I think it would have been worse if we were married and living apart. Just my thoughts. Hang on in there.

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can always visit.

K3 is dead btw.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi...! ALL of us just want to be married and be together. Hang in there! I usually say "Pray"! but I have to be sensitive if you have any religion. So pardon me.

I'm an August filer at Vermont. I already got my papers to fill out from the US Embassy here in Singapore. I think you should be receiving something soon. At one point, CA was going faster than VT in terms of replies. Now it's VT going faster.

Back in August, we were told that we would have our reply in Jan. We got ours in mid-Feb. So, please hang in there. I would opine that changing it to K3 would mean back to square 1. Apply again, and then wait for another 6-8 months.

Like my fiance tells me all the time--We're closer (in terms of time) to being together than we were before.

Have a great day!

Timeline

I believe K3 has been discontinued, but either way it would make no sense to jump ship now and start over. It's hard to wait, but the waiting is almost over.

I usually say "Pray"! but I have to be sensitive if you have any religion. So pardon me.

Just wanted to say thank you for this! It shows a great deal of respect and appreciation :thumbs:

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

We filed for the K1 petition in early August 2012 ... 220 days ago today. There is no guarantee that we will get a response, possibly for months still... we can hope for 'any day' but realistically we have been saying that since January.

My question is... can we legitimately and legally move from a K1 to K3 process? We simply want to get on with our lives... and be married. Can I in any way travel to the States and marry.. stay and leave for any visa processes required in my off shore country? At least waiting for the petition process being together seems more manageable... We want it to be legal and up front though. If it's not legal.. we would not consider doing it.

A complication is that my boss at work is going for a long holiday in a few months.. and I don't want to resign while he's away and leave work in the lurch so to speak. It would be so much more convenient to have a replacement on board before he goes away. I am feeling torn.

Any input appreciated...

You are sooooo close! Dont give up! My fiancee and I are thinking about abandoning the K1 and getting married but we are only (less than) 2 months into the process, I think you would highly regret this 7 month wait for nothing

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You do know you can visit now, and stay a few weeks/ months with your fiance? That may make the wait more bearable and is a better option than loosing all the time you've waited already and loose the filing fees to get married and start all over- there is no switching to a K3/ CR-1 spousal visa, you would need to start from scratch.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Yes absolutely hang in there! I know its hard to wait. We have a baby boy and are anxious to be together. 7 months since NOA2 so far. You should expect an a 8-9 month wait. So i am sure it will be a matter if just a few weeks before you hear something now! Dont start over with a k-3, as its going to take even longer, and is finacially straining enough, without having more processing fees, stress, and time apart. Not worth it. You have come this far and your almost there now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

You do know you can visit now, and stay a few weeks/ months with your fiance? That may make the wait more bearable and is a better option than loosing all the time you've waited already and loose the filing fees to get married and start all over- there is no switching to a K3/ CR-1 spousal visa, you would need to start from scratch.

Are u sure it is okay for me to visit my fiance in America while we are waiting for the NOA-2 or for the visa?

Any input appreciated...

I have the same feelings too, the waiting time is so stressful...:(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We filed for the K1 petition in early August 2012 ... 220 days ago today.

August 2012?!? OMG, you are almost there! Why screw it up by starting over with another submission? I wish I was that close! Good luck! :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

We are at 248 days from NOA 1 at Vermont for fiance visa. I would say hang in there and stay on the current track because starting over wiill only add time unless your fiance was able to move to your country.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Thanks everyone... the weekends are the hardest. Getting to work on Monday gives focus...

I guess its the not knowing... and the thought that this can still go on for weeks and weeks.. and just wanting some ability to manage my own life. Luxury complaints I know.

Really appreciate the encouragement.

event.png

event.png

Nothing has a stronger influence psychologically on their environment and especially on their children than the unlived life of the parent. - Carl Jung

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Are u sure it is okay for me to visit my fiance in America while we are waiting for the NOA-2 or for the visa?

Absolutely- being from a visa waiver country, you will likely have no trouble and be waived through, but to be on the safe side, bring your NOA1 (or NOA2, if you have it by then), and maybe a lease or letter from the employer... ie something showing you will return.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any input appreciated...

dont worry mate you are not alone. I filed aug.05,12 got NOA1 2 days later. and still waiting for the NOA2. I am almost losing hope. Good thing I found VJ and got encouragement.

08/05/12 I-129f SENT!
08/07/12 NOA-1
04/18/13 RFE email update

04/19/13 RFE email update 2

04/24/13 RFE hard copy received from mail

04/29/13 RFE mailed

05/06/13 RFE response review

05/14/13 NOA-2 email update

05/17/13 NOA-2 hard copy received from mail

05/20/13 NVC received

Forgot the dates in between

08/19/13 USA Arrival

08/24/13 Wedding

I-485 APPROVED forgot to update :(

02/12/16 I-751 Filed

02/25/16 NOA

03/11/16 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.