B&L

Where/How You Met!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So, I imagine this could be an interesting topic. Be as vague or specific as you want. For those who met online, if you want, say which site and whatever interesting stories you have to go with it!

For example, My Fiance and I met through the internet. Omegle to be specific. We were both on there one evening/afternoon(Timezones) and we ended up talking, there's a feature where a third party asks a question but isn't involved in the discussion, just sits back and watches. My now Fiance and I both decided to ignore the person's question as a joke and just talk about what we wanted, and we went from there, talked for ages, exchanged email addresses, Skype accounts, and the rest as they say is history.

So! Your turns!

K1 Timeline:

15th Feb 2013 - Mailed I-129F to CSC
21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I won a contest in high school for being a good Spanish student (nerd. blush.gif) and the State of Pennsylvania awarded my school the annual Ecuadorian exchange grant they give away every year. The Manabi province in Ecuador annually sends somewhere around 20 Ecuadorian students to PA, and then PA sends American students from the schools the foreigners visited down to Ecuador that summer. My hubby was the class president at the school I went to in Ecuador, so he was always at all of the events they planned for us (the American students) at the school and around town. We ended up being really good friends, and then started dating, and decided to try the long distance thing after I left. And that was five years ago! star_smile.gif I graduated from high school a few months later, moved to Ecuador for college, got married, and now we're waiting for his visa to come through so we can move back to the States.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I won a contest in high school for being a good Spanish student (nerd. blush.gif) and the State of Pennsylvania awarded my school the annual Ecuadorian exchange grant they give away every year. The Manabi province in Ecuador annually sends somewhere around 20 Ecuadorian students to PA, and then PA sends American students from the schools the foreigners visited down to Ecuador that summer. My hubby was the class president at the school I went to in Ecuador, so he was always at all of the events they planned for us (the American students) at the school and around town. We ended up being really good friends, and then started dating, and decided to try the long distance thing after I left. And that was five years ago! star_smile.gif I graduated from high school a few months later, moved to Ecuador for college, got married, and now we're waiting for his visa to come through so we can move back to the States.

It pays off being a nerd :). Very nice

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

Come on Smiley! Get your story in here!

K1 Timeline:

21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Timeline

Yeah, I guess it worked out pretty well for me. tongue.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

I was the manager of a strip club in Cebu City. One night, an American tourist wanted to see the manager because he requested to be seated with three girls but only two were available since that was a busy summer. After trying to explain the situation to the customer, we realized that we were starting to like each other. I ended up taking him home without the two other girls. Then we agreed to marry after being extremely drunk.

Just kidding!

In reality, I was a high school teacher in Cebu City. He found me on a social networking site and started to email me. He said that he wanted to ask the locals about the best dive spots in the country. His last dive was at least a year before that time on the Andaman Islands and he wanted to "doubly make up for" that long break by going somewhere far from the US again. He learned on Google that Cebu is a great SCUBA diving destination.

We emailed each other daily, then we Skyped, and after that he started calling me. He told me that he has enjoyed our correspondence and he wanted to take me out for some tea when he'd visit the PH.

I showed him around Cebu in his first trip and he met my family and friends. I invited him to the Cathedral where I used to serve on Sunday and weekday masses and weddings. I was very Catholic back then and of all the men I dated, he was the very first one to ever go to church with me although he was a Hindu by birth. I also took him to the school where I once worked.

When we got married, I decided to stop practicing any religion. It was a deliberate decision on my part, not something he ever asked. By his example, I realized that one can be very spiritual, kind, serene, and compassionate and not have any religion at all. I like it that way. I also don't want our kids to be indoctrinated with the cr@p that most religions teach. I want our kids to believe and do whatever is useful to them and religion does not seem to fit in that.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

I was the manager of a strip club in Cebu City. One night, an American tourist wanted to see the manager because he requested to be seated with three girls but only two were available since that was a busy summer. After trying to explain the situation to the customer, we realized that we were starting to like each other. I ended up taking him home without the two other girls. Then we agreed to marry after being extremely drunk.

:rofl:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

I realized that one can be very spiritual, kind, serene, and compassionate and not have any religion at all. I like it that way. I also don't want our kids to be indoctrinated with the cr@p that most religions teach. I want our kids to believe and do whatever is useful to them and religion does not seem to fit in that.

good.gif

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

good.gif

It's bad because where I'm on my iPod I didn't see the just kidding until after I read the entire story and I almost bought it. Ahaha

K1 Timeline:

21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

It's bad because where I'm on my iPod I didn't see the just kidding until after I read the entire story and I almost bought it. Ahaha

laughing.gif No harm intended. There are already so many old threads about this topic.

http://www.visajourn...-fianceespouse/

http://www.visajourn...et-online-poll/

http://www.visajourn...ou-met-your-so/

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My Finace and I met on a website called Utherverse. We started chatting, and I was definately not looking for anyone. Infact I was just on there to get away from my reality for a bit. He was aboutt o permanently leave teh site. We talked for a few months on there then moved to skype. From Skype chat we moved to video then finally I flew down there. From the moment I saw him at the airport, I knew I was goingt o spend the rest of my life with him.

K1 - Complete
05/01/2011 - Met online
09/15/2011 - Met in person
11/12/2011 - Became engaged
07/09/2012 - Finally got to put His Ring on my finger
02/04/2013 - Mailed off my documents to my fiance
02/13/2013 - Fiance received my documents
03/30/2013 - I-129F sent
04/05/2013 - NOA 1
07/10/2013 - File Transferred to Texas
07/24/2013 - NOA 2
08/23/2013 - USCIS-NVC - Case number received
08/27/2013 - NVC-Consulate
09/03/2013 - Packet 3
09/04/2013 - Packet 4
09/10/2013 - Medical (Passed)
09/12/2013 - Interview (Approved)
09/17/2013 - Visa in hand
11/02/2013 - Border crossing at Sweetgrass completed
11/05/2013 - Arrived in San Antonio
11/16/2013 - Married in San Antonio

Adjustment of Status

04/25/2014 - AOS packaged mailed to Chicago Lock Box.

05/15/2014 - NoA1 received for Aos and EA. AP rejected.

06/16/2014 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/2014 - EA card now in production.

07/10/2014 - EA Card received. YAY JOB HUNTING

08/13/2014 - Letter received staging possible interview waiver and no action for antoher 6 months

03/03/2015 - Apparently we are still within normal processing times and need to wait 87 days

04/27/2015 - RFE - Renew medical, Send some other documents

05/04/2015 - Medical redone

05/07/2015 - RFE request sent back to USCIS

05/08/2015 - RFE request received at USCIS

05/11/2015 - Green card IN PRODUCTION!!!!

05/11/2015 - Welcome letter Mailed!

05/14/2015 - Welcome Letter Received

05/18/2015 - Green Card Received!! FINALLY!!!!

Timeline

laughing.gif No harm intended. There are already so many old threads about this topic.

http://www.visajourn...-fianceespouse/

http://www.visajourn...et-online-poll/

http://www.visajourn...ou-met-your-so/

Ah, I didn't see those! Navigating the site is fairly awkward on a mobile. My bad, should've looked harder.

K1 Timeline:

21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

We met on Match.com in 2007 by accident since neither of us was looking for anyone in another country. We started using IM and email and were soon talking every day,usually several times a day. We met in 2008 in the airport Scotland. By the end of that week that one of us would need to move. Originally I planned to relocate to Scotland but he decided it would be better for him to come here. We got married in 2009 and plan to live happily ever after. The End.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I studied abroad in India during my junior year of college. A bunch of my friends teased me that I would end up falling in love with a handsome Indian and never come back. Well that didn't happen (Gotcha! laughing.gif) It was not until I actually came home back to the US that I met my husband. I got a job at the airport to help me earn some extra cash while I was on break from college. My husband worked at that same job (He was a trainee on a J-1 visa). We flirted, talked about me being in India, and about our common interests. I never thought it would lead to anything since I had to return to school. He surprised me by calling me everyday while I was away and several weeks later, he shyly told me that when I was in town next time, he wanted to take me out for a coffee. Obviously that coffee lead to something more! cool.gif

Edited by AKSinghSingh79

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png