jordanianprincess

Poll - When you met your SO

Lets see how much we have in common with each other  

113 members have voted

1. 1. How did you meet your Fiance/Spouse?

• Internet chat room
    • Internet dating site
    • While vacationing/working in his/her area
    • Through freinds/family
    • Other
  2. 2. How long were you together before getting engaged/married?

• 6 months or less
    • 6 months - 1 year
    • 1-2 years
    • 2-4 years
    • 4 years or more
  3. 3. How many visits have you made to each other since meeting?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five or more (if anyone checks this I'm gonna be jealous)

53 posts in this topic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

We met on the internet, but it was a language exchange website. You enter a profile, like, "I speak English and I would like to learn French." And Hachemi's was like "I speak French and want to improve my English." You do a search and find people you would like to converse with. He sent me the first message and the rest is history. I wasnt looking for a man, but I found a great one! lol. (L)

Meriem

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Nice JP.

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was on Yahoo IM one night chatting with some friends and I got this random IM come up saying he was a guy from Morocco who just wanted someone to chat with to help practice his English. I thought, why not? I always wanted an international pen pal. Little did I know that I would end up with an awesome husband! (L)(L)(L)(L)

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I met my honey online in a arab chat room. My friend has a similar id to his so I sent him a message thinking he was my friend, turns out he was my friends first cousin! Small world...

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I was new to Islam and was chatting in a Yahoo religion room with a man from Jordan. He was at an internet cafe and introduced me to the owner, Mohammed. I fell deeply for him and soon after meeting, he asked me to marry him. He could not believe he met an American that was also Muslim! I flew to Jordan within 3 months and we married Oct. 1, 2002.

I made 3 trips to Jordan while waiting for the visa. I was sooooo not looking for a man, but found a wonderful husband in Mohammed. Every day truly gets better and I am so thankful for Allah bringing us together.

Jackie

I had put a blurb in my yahoo profile that said I was working on a research paper on Morocco. Abdel was at the internet cafe helping a friend of his nephew's set up a yahoo account. Abdel's English was pretty good compared to most people he knew so he was always called on to help translate. He showed the boy how to do a search on the word Morocco to find new friends, and my profile came up. Abdel saw my picture and wanted to talk to me. We talked for a few minutes that time, and added each other to our friends list.

Abdel realized the next time he went to sign on to talk to me that the boy had changed the password to the account so he set up a new account with a name very close to the one we had talked on, so I would know who he was.

I was pretty much head over heels after our first serious conversation. Unlike most men online, Abdel told me once that he thought I was pretty then went on to discuss philosophy, literature and all kinds of intellectual stuff with me. Out of over 100 men I have talked to on the internet, he was the first to be able to carry on a conversation I enjoyed. Ironically, another Moroccan guy hit on me within a few minutes of when Abdel first messaged me. He kept telling me how beautiful I was, but couldn't carry on much of a conversation. I blocked him that night because he was irritating me when I was trying to talk to Abdel.

Abdel and I have been together for over a year now and every day we still talk like that first time. In fact, we usually talk each other to sleep at night.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Our moms were best friends growing up. Well when we went back to Lebanon for the first time for vacation (I was 14, he was 17) Ali fell in love with me right away. We were realllyy good friends the entire two months I was there ... I knew he liked me, he knew he liked me, but he never crossed that line. I secretly liked him too but would not admit it because I wanted to marry someone that Lebanese-American like I am. Well the last night we were there he gave me a braclet that had my name engraved on it. I asked him why he got it and he said "Because you said things with your name on them make you happy and I want to make you happy". That same night he told me he loved and wanted to be with me. I told him I was too young and he needed to wait till I was 18.

Well I turned 18 and the rest is history .... (L)(L)(L) A guy that waits four years for you (keep in mind that he never saw me during these four years) is the guy that will love you forever.

Throughout this two year process I have gone to see him twice. I was going to go this summer but inshallah I wont need to because he will be here :D

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
I met my honey online in a arab chat room. My friend has a similar id to his so I sent him a message thinking he was my friend, turns out he was my friends first cousin! Small world...

Wow... that IS kinda freaky... lol (F)

I was new to Islam and was chatting in a Yahoo religion room with a man from Jordan. He was at an internet cafe and introduced me to the owner, Mohammed. I fell deeply for him and soon after meeting, he asked me to marry him. He could not believe he met an American that was also Muslim! I flew to Jordan within 3 months and we married Oct. 1, 2002.

I made 3 trips to Jordan while waiting for the visa. I was sooooo not looking for a man, but found a wonderful husband in Mohammed. Every day truly gets better and I am so thankful for Allah bringing us together.

Jackie

Aren't the religious chats on yahoo absoloutely INSANE ?! lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

He was one of the random people that I talked to on ICQ in 2001. I hated my university and was bored and lonely. I chatted with a ton of people from all over the world that year, but I only keep in touch with one ;)

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Our moms were best friends growing up. Well when we went back to Lebanon for the first time for vacation (I was 14, he was 17) Ali fell in love with me right away. We were realllyy good friends the entire two months I was there ... I knew he liked me, he knew he liked me, but he never crossed that line. I secretly liked him too but would not admit it because I wanted to marry someone that Lebanese-American like I am. Well the last night we were there he gave me a braclet that had my name engraved on it. I asked him why he got it and he said "Because you said things with your name on them make you happy and I want to make you happy". That same night he told me he loved and wanted to be with me. I told him I was too young and he needed to wait till I was 18.

Well I turned 18 and the rest is history .... (L)(L)(L) A guy that waits four years for you (keep in mind that he never saw me during these four years) is the guy that will love you forever.

Throughout this two year process I have gone to see him twice. I was going to go this summer but inshallah I wont need to because he will be here :D

My son is just like your Ali only the girl was the first to make a move and it was here in the US. He had to repeat freshman English because he goofed off and when he got to the class only one other Junior was there. The other guy kept hitting on this really hot girl, even brought her flowers. My son thought she was hanging around them because of the other guy and didn't even think she would give him the time of day, but she finally let him know it was him she liked. We had to break them up for a while because she was underage and they just didn't understand why they couldn't get physical yet (you should be glad you were in different countries, teenage hormones can be so powerful!) She dutifully dated a guy her parents wanted her to date, and my son moped for over 2 years before finally dating another girl for a little while. Well, now the original girl will be 18 in July, has her own car and job and the freedom to do what she wants. They kept in touch the whole time and from what I've read of my son's journals he never stopped loving her. A month or so ago she mentioned to me on the phone that her parents would probably not get mad if she dated him now. I told my son and his whole face lit up as he said, "REALLY!?"

A few weeks later when I came home from somewhere her car was in the driveway and they drove up in his car just as we arrived. She was so excited to see me and gave me a big hug. I honestly hope this girl marries my son because I know nobody will love her like he does. She has always been so good for him - made him do his homework and clean his room, and most important with teenage boys - bathe - I know she will be what makes him get his butt back in college and finish his engineering degree. She wants to be a pediatrician, and I know she will succeed.

When I read your story, I believed you could trust Ali because I have seen my son go through at least some of what he has. You're a very lucky young lady, never forget what you have.

I met my Bingo on Yahoo. He was checking out my profile and he wanted to know if we could chat. my instant reaction was "NO, I dont talk to international men" then he said ok - he wanted to just be my friend. so I blew him off for a long time. then one day I stopped pushing him away we got to really know each other. for 6 months we got to grow closer and a year after that we decided to make it offical and got married.

shon.gif

I met Abdel when he was here in Tampa on a contract job. I kinda thought it would be just a fling :blush: , but when he went back to Canada, he called me immediately. I was surprised since he was traveling so much, I figured he would "check in" in a few days, if at all. Well that was the start in 2003. We had 12 visits until he was able to obtain the visa in August 2005. (most of which were when he was in the US for work and would just "extend" his time here and fly down for a weekend or so.

Laura :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.