244 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's small and sits on the countertop like a regular toaster. The difference is you lay things in there horizontally instead of it going in vertically and then potentially getting stuck like a regular toaster. I like them because you can heat small things without having to heat the regular oven. For example, leftover pizza. I prefer my leftover pizza to be crispy not soggy which is how it turns out in the microwave.

Edited by Mithra

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I also love banana bread, or anything with bananas, like fried bananas!

Regarding the alcohol thing; i have 2 family members (that we don't really speak to anymore) that are newly reformed Jews and they drink wine and liquor (way too much!) and always argue with us when we refuse to eat anything that is cooked in alcohol. They insist that the alcohol is cooked out from the heat.

Of course, as Muslims, we know it's still haram and the alcohol is still there and we won't touch it! They accuse us of being paranoid Muslim fanatics......thus, one reason of many we don't speak to them anymore!

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Just a quibble, but science doesn't prove anything. Science can only support or not support a hypothesis through testing/experimentation. Experiments must be replicable. You cannot ask religious questions of science as religion is not observable (if so, show me Gd. Bring Him out right now so we can see Him.), and is not testable. Therefore it is philosophical questioning. Science cannot have anything to do with matters of faith or philosophy.

And yet somehow it does.......whistling.gif

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

People just need to believe about all what the God said, to believe that God wants the good for his people even when we feel sick. To be sick from hallal food, this can happen only if the people don't follow what the God said, so the problem is in people not in God. God created everything for us and nothing for him, so it is much better to thank him then to doubt him.

Science did not tell Adam if the fruits of the forbidden tree were harmful or beneficial, ""but once Adam and his wife disobeyed God's command to not eat the fruit of that tree they were removed from paradise"". So we need to listen to the orders of God.

And it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you, and that you love a thing which is bad for you. God knows what you don't know.

Sourah anour(verse: 21): "O ye who believe, do not follow the footsteps of Satan and follows the steps of Satan, he orders to commit immoral actions."

No one likes the devil since birth, does science prove to you that the way of devil is bad?

You believe that a spirit is inhabiting your body and you know this well. Spirits still remain unseen as of today even with all the science and technology available. Is science proving the place and form of the spirit that is inside of you?

All believers believe in the Day of Resurrection, but dose science prove knowing when or even if it will happen? Although we are sure and believe in the Day of Judgment?

Everything God created that he deemed permissible is good for us and what is forbidden is harmful. God only wants to hear from his people "We hear and we obey".

God is the Creator of all things, and He controls everything.

Do you have proof that God has forbidden pork for no reason? Is there scientific evidence that the pig is not harmful to human?

The Koran forbids eating cats and dogs about 1500 years ago, in saying Forbidden to you is dead meat, blood and pork and meat killed without the name of God, strangled animals and deteriorating .. "and each carnivore with incisors".

The thing that I do not understand is why you agree to the prohibition of God for some meat with reason in the Koran, but the prohibition of pig seems to have no valid reason for you. You claim they are not bad for you, yet God said they are unclean therefore harmful.

As for my reading comprehension and lack of understanding, God made me how I am so if it is not up to your standards you need to take it up with him.

I thank God for the knowledge that he gave me even if it is not a lot. A little knowledge is much better than a lot of ignorance.

Nowhere, at any time here have I ever said anything close to "there is no reason for the prohibition of pork". Not even remotely close.

Just an FYI, God does not owe you, or anyone else any reason for anything He does, doesn't do, allows or prohibits. You would do well to get that sorted out. There are not going to be physically comprehensible reasons to be found for everything and every rule that exists. That's ok. There exists the physical, and there exists the metaphysical.

This is where the reading comprehension thing comes in--I have said like 50 times here that the only reason I don't eat haram food is because it's religiously prohibited. No.other.reason. Yet you're saying here that "The thing that I do not understand is why you agree to the prohibition of God for some meat with reason in the Koran, but the prohibition of pig seems to have no valid reason for you. You claim they are not bad for you, yet God said they are unclean therefore harmful." Not true- and you seemingly have not understood a word I've been saying.

It would appear to possibly be spiritual, this reason. Things can be spiritually unclean and therefore spiritually harmful in ways that have nothing to do with physical human health and well being. Physical, worldly health and cleanliness reasons do not appear to hold up under examination. There is an abundance of scientific evidence that pork is no different physically, than any meat that is permitted. If someone has any evidence that contradicts that, I'd love to hear it. It certainly hasn't been expressed here, I've just seen some copy and paste dumbness, and people citing the CDC etc, completely oblivious to the fact that the same physical issues with pork apply to all kinds of halal meat products too. The existence of the spiritual, and spiritual reasons for the will of God do not discount the scientific reasoning I've talked about here. They do not contradict each other at all. The fact that science "can't" or doesn't prove known spiritual concepts that were never the realm of science in the first place does not mean one can just throw out science or say it's pointless and useless. That would be like me deciding to throw out my toaster because i tried to get it to make me a cup of coffee and it totally failed. That failure isn't the toaster's fault, it was completely ridiculous and unreasonable, what I was trying to get out of it.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

No, it does not. To claim otherwise means you don't understand science.

It is the same alcohol, but if you mean it has to have additives, then that is still problematic. Some wines are made without yeast, just water and fruit. They may not be the best tasting by most standards, but they are wines.

Just like if you leave a carton of milk out on the counter, when you get home after work that day some fermentation will have taken place. There will be a tiny amount of alcohol produced. The milk doesn't have to have gone bad in order for that to happen, or have anything purposefully added to it.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Timeline

]

No, it does not. To claim otherwise means you don't understand science.

No, it does. To claim otherwise means you don't understand God. Without God there would be no science, or pigs, and we would not be having this conversation. Without God everything is non-existent including science.

Edited by sarsorti

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Nowhere, at any time here have I ever said anything close to "there is no reason for the prohibition of pork". Not even remotely close.

Just an FYI, God does not owe you, or anyone else any reason for anything He does, doesn't do, allows or prohibits. You would do well to get that sorted out. There are not going to be physically comprehensible reasons to be found for everything and every rule that exists. That's ok. There exists the physical, and there exists the metaphysical.

This is where the reading comprehension thing comes in--I have said like 50 times here that the only reason I don't eat haram food is because it's religiously prohibited. No.other.reason. Yet you're saying here that "The thing that I do not understand is why you agree to the prohibition of God for some meat with reason in the Koran, but the prohibition of pig seems to have no valid reason for you. You claim they are not bad for you, yet God said they are unclean therefore harmful." Not true- and you seemingly have not understood a word I've been saying.

It would appear to possibly be spiritual, this reason. Things can be spiritually unclean and therefore spiritually harmful in ways that have nothing to do with physical human health and well being. Physical, worldly health and cleanliness reasons do not appear to hold up under examination. There is an abundance of scientific evidence that pork is no different physically, than any meat that is permitted. If someone has any evidence that contradicts that, I'd love to hear it. It certainly hasn't been expressed here, I've just seen some copy and paste dumbness, and people citing the CDC etc, completely oblivious to the fact that the same physical issues with pork apply to all kinds of halal meat products too. The existence of the spiritual, and spiritual reasons for the will of God do not discount the scientific reasoning I've talked about here. They do not contradict each other at all. The fact that science "can't" or doesn't prove known spiritual concepts that were never the realm of science in the first place does not mean one can just throw out science or say it's pointless and useless. That would be like me deciding to throw out my toaster because i tried to get it to make me a cup of coffee and it totally failed. That failure isn't the toaster's fault, it was completely ridiculous and unreasonable, what I was trying to get out of it.

I THINK THIS IS JUST WONDERFUL.. My wife said, she is better than The Learning,Channel and very informative.

Timeline

OMG & LOL..how did talking about buying HALAL MEAT turn into how to make alcohol? I don't even want to know. Too lazy to read all the postings. Anyways, I don't have to worry about this coz we both don't drink. Good luck and best wishes. It will be interesting when my hubby is here. I can't wait! :yes:

OMG & LOL is exactly right! If this thread is not a testament to a lot of people (myself included but not all) in a LDR with way too much time on their hands then I will eat a rotten apple! Hurry up immigration, I can't wait either!!!dry.gif

Bob Dylan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

]

No, it does. To claim otherwise means you don't understand God. Without God there would be no science, or pigs, and we would not be having this conversation. Without God everything is non-existent including science.

LOL you are hilarious! Point proven.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

OMG & LOL is exactly right! If this thread is not a testament to a lot of people (myself included but not all) in a LDR with way too much time on their hands then I will eat a rotten apple! Hurry up immigration, I can't wait either!!!dry.gif

Actually this is extremely true!

To be honest this thread has turned into the same few people saying the same things over and over only sometimes in nice ways, sometimes with an air of superiority and sometimes in flat out rude ways. I can admit some of you have helped give me a "lack of reading comprehension" myself because I find myself only skimming now, no longer reading due to the flippant attitude here towards others and their beliefs.

There has been focus on if one can eat non-halal meat by saying bismallah first or not, if there was any scientific proof that pork was bad for you or not and somehow even alcohol in fruit... which some seem to have forgotten God did not prohibit fruit therefore there is in fact some difference between what God deems alcohol he prohibits and fruit which is permissible. All of these subjects will continue to be debated between people for many years to come. Not one of us will know 100% until judgement day... and even then who is to say we will know.

I can guarantee the same group that is left here replying back and forth will never change each others minds. As Muslim, Christian or any other religion (if one is religious) we should be kind to each other. Treat each other well and with respect. We are all God's creatures, with our own individual qualities, strengths, weaknesses and beliefs. Guess what... not one of us here is entitled to judge another, myself included. To me this thread has become kind of like an evil temptation to come and have a rebuttal because I still don't agree with some things. I can see the same in others as well.

For me personally, it is time to step back and remind myself of all the things I just said. I cannot sit here in good faith and watch the negativity continue. Therefore I believe I have said all I need to in this thread. For those of you that may think "oh she gave up because we made our valid point and she has nothing left to say"... no. I am done because I do not like the person this thread requires me to be. I am very comfortable with my beliefs, choices and my relationship with God. That is really all that matters to me. For the last time again, I respectfully agree to disagree.

Selective outrage is selective. Salim82 has all but been declaring takfir on people in here right and left who happen to disagree,with him, and insinuating the scholars that in fact do say regular grocery store meat in the US is okay to eat are liars. But nary a word about any of that, oh no. But God forbid anyone question whether he's really understanding what others have said here when he keeps hammering on about points no one's been making.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Actually this is extremely true!

To be honest this thread has turned into the same few people saying the same things over and over only sometimes in nice ways, sometimes with an air of superiority and sometimes in flat out rude ways. I can admit some of you have helped give me a "lack of reading comprehension" myself because I find myself only skimming now, no longer reading due to the flippant attitude here towards others and their beliefs.

There has been focus on if one can eat non-halal meat by saying bismallah first or not, if there was any scientific proof that pork was bad for you or not and somehow even alcohol in fruit... which some seem to have forgotten God did not prohibit fruit therefore there is in fact some difference between what God deems alcohol he prohibits and fruit which is permissible. All of these subjects will continue to be debated between people for many years to come. Not one of us will know 100% until judgement day... and even then who is to say we will know.

I can guarantee the same group that is left here replying back and forth will never change each others minds. As Muslim, Christian or any other religion (if one is religious) we should be kind to each other. Treat each other well and with respect. We are all God's creatures, with our own individual qualities, strengths, weaknesses and beliefs. Guess what... not one of us here is entitled to judge another, myself included. To me this thread has become kind of like an evil temptation to come and have a rebuttal because I still don't agree with some things. I can see the same in others as well.

For me personally, it is time to step back and remind myself of all the things I just said. I cannot sit here in good faith and watch the negativity continue. Therefore I believe I have said all I need to in this thread. For those of you that may think "oh she gave up because we made our valid point and she has nothing left to say"... no. I am done because I do not like the person this thread requires me to be. I am very comfortable with my beliefs, choices and my relationship with God. That is really all that matters to me. For the last time again, I respectfully agree to disagree.

Thanks for the cliff notes summary. Nice post. I feel the same way. :thumbs:

And to add, I think my hubby has been reading all of the contents that I have posted and commented on. It was cute that he sent me a reassuring message today informing me NOT to worry about halal meat anymore because he googled that Southern California has many Muslim markets area because there is a big Muslim community here. So we will definitely get a variety of halal products. :yes:

Filed: Other Country: Algeria
Timeline

God's wisdom that makes a reason for everything, it was possible to see everything without reason, to see food without grown wheat ex, it was possible that all our needs were without reasons, but the wisdom of God makes everything have a reason, why? Because, if God created things without reasons you will never get close to him. God, He created causes for everything, and rode our mind on the principle of causality, the mind does not understand things without cause.

If God forbids eating pork for no reason, why do we find it is forbidden in four separate places in the Koran?

God said about 1500 years ago that the pig is an abomination, and you learn what the meaning of the word is an abomination in koran is: رجس". And if we go back to the life we ​​see that the pig yes really is a filthy animal and unclean. Without any doubt we know that the filth is harmful to human health.

Scientifically pork is harmful:

THE ADVERSE INFLUENCE OF PORK CONSUMPTION ON HEALTH

by Professor Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg, M.D.

Biological Therapy Vol.1 No. 21 983

Says:

It is known that pork causes stress and leads to poisoning. It is clear that this applies not only to the preparations of pork fresh such as cold meats, joints, feet and ribs, ribs, etc., but also for the cured meats (ham, bacon, etc.), and smoked meat sausages stomach for.

or

Woman Contracts Parasitic

Worm In Her Brain From Pork Taco

http://abcnews.go.com/

4-11-1.

Woman Contracts Parasitic Worm from pork: ABC News

or

MyFox Los Angeles Doctors Find Worm in Woman's Brain from pork.

If this does not convince you the view of religion and opinion of doctors, just what may work is go get checked by a doctor now, get a full body analysis, then try to eat pork for a period of time and then re tests again.

1.57 billion Muslims agreed that the pork is harmful to humans so is forbidden by God.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.