244 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I can honestly tell you I don't know squat about under the sea animals. It is very possible they digest things differently, processing another way. I honestly do not know.It is not any less gross but may or may not be less harmful. I am no expert on that and can admit it. At the same time it is not an issue for me as I do not eat anything from the sea as I do not like seafood, regardless.

You may have a point here, you may not. Like I said before, I am entitled to listen to you, research and make a decision based on what my beliefs are. Something worth looking into for me at some point for sure. More out of curiosity to know. God did not forbid the seafood for a reason. Just as I am a firm believer in he did forbid pork for a reason.

Thank goodness he didn't forbid those crustaceous creatures under the sea because I love them!

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

i didnt mean to judge you medroni, i thought we all were just talking. I may use words wrong,at time. If i said wrongful things to anyone here, sorry.

I thought we were all just talking here too until it appeared you were getting personal. I understand things may not always be said as we mean them. My husband sometimes uses words he thought meant one thing but really meant another. That can easily happen with anyone when we all come from different countries. I appreciate the apology, and I offer the same to you. :star:

Thank goodness he didn't forbid those crustaceous creatures under the sea because I love them!

:star: Most people DO!!! I sometimes think they may kick me out of Seattle for not liking all the fresh seafood there is to offer here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is a great informative topic, but after reading all the gross things about what animals eat, i think i want to become a vegetarian :lol:

Nope, I probably couldn't do it, I LOVE crab and lobster toooo much!!

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Timeline

This is a great informative topic, but after reading all the gross things about what animals eat, i think i want to become a vegetarian :lol:

Nope, I probably couldn't do it, I LOVE crab and lobster toooo much!!

I have to agree with you! After many of the things said here about animals, regardless if one thinks it is ok religiously to eat or not, or if it is healthy or not... it is enough to gross one out. :blink:

Agreed when it comes to seafood!

I've gone back and forth with being a vegetarian since high school, and it's always been prawns and salmon that lure me back in. And it all just goes downhill from there, lol.

I love my pineapple curry with prawns that much more, and a good piece of wild salmon is just about my favorite thing ever.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I can honestly tell you I don't know squat about under the sea animals. It is very possible they digest things differently, processing another way. I honestly do not know.It is not any less gross but may or may not be less harmful. I am no expert on that and can admit it. At the same time it is not an issue for me as I do not eat anything from the sea as I do not like seafood, regardless.

You may have a point here, you may not. Like I said before, I am entitled to listen to you, research and make a decision based on what my beliefs are. Something worth looking into for me at some point for sure. More out of curiosity to know. God did not forbid the seafood for a reason. Just as I am a firm believer in he did forbid pork for a reason.

Actually, she obviously does know about sea creatures. Your assertion was cannibalization is bad, and sea creatures cannibalize. They are set up to do it as are other animals which naturally cannibalize.

Fruit ferments when it rots. I don't know about you but I prefer fresh fruit.

I am fine with all these scholars saying all the things you have posted to date. Just like I am fine with many scholars that have different beliefs. Not every scholar agrees with each other 100% on all things. Sunni or otherwise. So you keep quoting the scholars you choose to agree with and that is great. I am happy you feel comfortable with your choices. I also feel very comfortable with mine, as well as my beliefs.

And this? Ripe fruit contains alcohol. If you are consuming ripe fruit, you are consuming alcohol.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

Kosher meat is kosher for keeping kosher, but not always kosher for keeping halal. Mileage, it will vary.

Really? Most of us own farms here?

I don't have a farm. What am I doing wrong?

Also for those people who accept kosher, it's good to understand the labels. USDA doesn't regulate religious stuff, and some permit things which others do not.

Clearly you have failed religiously.

Timeline

I also am no expert, but this is my understanding as well. Kosher also has rules about mixing food types, what kinds of animals can and cannot be eaten, etc. But the kosher meat/animals are still killed in the way Muslims have been told can be eaten. Keep in mind this is just my understanding and opinion. I am sure other opinions vary :)

Yep yep! Also kosher allows alcohol. Kosher meat is also prepared differently. There is a salting, etc process that strict Jews go through when preparing things to draw out liquid.

Timeline

Leviticus 17:13, along with the rest of the book, is one of the main sources of kosher law. So do they just follow that one little part, and discard the rest? Where does Paul fit in, and him saying they can eat anything, it's all clean and ok, even meat sacrificed to idols so long as their faith and consciences are clear and their doing so does not corrupt others, I wonder?

This we could talk about if you wanted, although it is not on topic for this amazing MO. You are all doing such a great job! It's like almost 10s all around for effort, especially beer dude. I wish he'd come back and let us know about his connecting halal meat and beer with the US. I want to know if he thinks it's all soaked in beer or what. Fascinating.

I think that could ultimately be a very interesting topic. I suspect some bad and wildly misinterpreted intel played a large role in this over the last two millennia?

This we could talk about if you wanted, although it is not on topic for this amazing MO. You are all doing such a great job! It's like almost 10s all around for effort, especially beer dude. I wish he'd come back and let us know about his connecting halal meat and beer with the US. I want to know if he thinks it's all soaked in beer or what. Fascinating.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

Your deficiencies in reading comprehension have hit a new low here, congrats.

People get sick from eating perfectly halal food all the time. It's not as though the pig prohibition and avoiding pork magically gives all people who avoid pork immunity from food borne illness.

Does "science and life" also prove to us that cats, that people keep as pets but cannot eat are also,filthy, dirty creatures and that must be why you can't eat them?

You constantly put down people that are trying to have a conversation here. Your comment about his reading implies he is stupid and this is offensive to those of us that would like to have a civil conversation. You don't know him or his reading comprehension. Why can't you just state your point without the rudeness? You could have made the exact same point without the entire first sentence, congrats.

As the resident science skeptic please tell me - has science proved without a doubt there is a God? No. Yet you believe. Can science prove there is only ONE God? No. Yet you believe. And one day it will be proven... on judgement day. Just because the science done so far does not meet your standards of proof does not mean something isn't true. Science is discovering all the time things that were never known, or that there were mistakes made in original beliefs. This covers your cat question too. Some of us are satisfied with what science has shown us to date, yet all of us are in agreement God says no pork. The reason really doesn't matter. Everyone believe what we will.

The bottom line in my defense for everything that I have said, and I believe Salim82 has been expressing is the God does everything for a reason. He has created everything for a reason. Only he truly knows everything. When God said no pork for example, he did so with specific reason, I find it hard to believe he has something against the very animal he created to help clean the earth.

I don't see where Salim82 said you can't get sick from eating other halal foods. He was discussing the topic of pork - which was the original debate, not all halal foods.

Timeline

I think that could ultimately be a very interesting topic. I suspect some bad and wildly misinterpreted intel played a large role in this over the last two millennia?

Well, if you notice, no one dumped the dietary laws until the Romans took over. Then they basically merged whatever they felt like doing with a touch of scripture. Paul never kicked the kosher can or even stopped sacrificing. The 4 rules are listed as being the absolute minimum, then you're to build from there. A lot of it also has to do with cult prostitution which is a problem that was faced more by greeks/romans than Jews. If we were closer I'd totally lend you a good book on it. There are also a few good teachings on it I've run across using a lot of linguistic data. Very cool comparisons of LXX with NT stuff.

Timeline

You constantly put down people that are trying to have a conversation here. Your comment about his reading implies he is stupid and this is offensive to those of us that would like to have a civil conversation. You don't know him or his reading comprehension. Why can't you just state your point without the rudeness? You could have made the exact same point without the entire first sentence, congrats.

As the resident science skeptic please tell me - has science proved without a doubt there is a God? No. Yet you believe. Can science prove there is only ONE God? No. Yet you believe. And one day it will be proven... on judgement day. Just because the science done so far does not meet your standards of proof does not mean something isn't true. Science is discovering all the time things that were never known, or that there were mistakes made in original beliefs. This covers your cat question too. Some of us are satisfied with what science has shown us to date, yet all of us are in agreement God says no pork. The reason really doesn't matter. Everyone believe what we will.

The bottom line in my defense for everything that I have said, and I believe Salim82 has been expressing is the God does everything for a reason. He has created everything for a reason. Only he truly knows everything. When God said no pork for example, he did so with specific reason, I find it hard to believe he has something against the very animal he created to help clean the earth.

I don't see where Salim82 said you can't get sick from eating other halal foods. He was discussing the topic of pork - which was the original debate, not all halal foods.

Just a quibble, but science doesn't prove anything. Science can only support or not support a hypothesis through testing/experimentation. Experiments must be replicable. You cannot ask religious questions of science as religion is not observable (if so, show me Gd. Bring Him out right now so we can see Him.), and is not testable. Therefore it is philosophical questioning. Science cannot have anything to do with matters of faith or philosophy.

Edited by Nasturtium

Timeline

I know that,but Halal meet with beer!!! it wont be Halal any more

I have got to know what this means. I am totally picturing like a meat Oktoberfest that happens between shift changes at the plant where all the steaks and such are drinking beer in the packaging plant, then they settle down into their sleepy packages after a few minutes of debauchery and end up on the store shelf. This would then be discovered by a junior woodchuck reporter who would find lederhosen on some steak and a mini beer stein in with a pork chop, declaring "MYSTERY SOLVED!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.