rico_cooper

K-1 how to be cancelled by a beneficiary

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello every body My name is Nabil from Morocco,..

Last year I've met my ex fiancee she comes to visit me and then we've decide to apply for a visa K-a to be together.

Unfortunately I've decide to stop this relation because she never had time to talk and always looking for exuses....etc

I called to USCI to cancel the petition, they told me she's the petitioner and she must send a letter to them, they told me I am not allowed to cancel.....or I have to wait untill the process will be cancelled. but how long is gonna take to be cancelled????

I try to call her every day but she never answers,,,,

what Can I do??

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello every body My name is Nabil from Morocco,..

Last year I've met my ex fiancee she comes to visit me and then we've decide to apply for a visa K-a to be together.

Unfortunately I've decide to stop this relation because she never had time to talk and always looking for exuses....etc

I called to USCI to cancel the petition, they told me she's the petitioner and she must send a letter to them, they told me I am not allowed to cancel.....or I have to wait untill the process will be cancelled. but how long is gonna take to be cancelled????

I try to call her every day but she never answers,,,,

what Can I do??

If your NOA2 gets approved, the embassy should be contacting you. Let them know then, and do not complete the Packet 3 paperwork, and do not go to interview, it will be denied. If others from your embassy know of specific information on how to cancel as the beneficiary, they will reply.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i think you do nothing. i am not sure how this effect future k1 requests though.

================================================================
2011-01-30 First trip to Manila (work related)
2011-02-18 Second trip to Manila (work related)
2011-03-08 Met Jenny in Manila
2011-03-29 Third trip to Manila (work and Jenny related)
2011-04-17 Started relationship
2011-05-11 Fourth trip to Manila (work and Jenny related)
2011-06-19 Found out I would be a father for the first time
2011-08-18 Fifth trip to Manila (work and Jenny related)
2011-11-08 Sixth trip to Manila (work and Jenny related)
2011-11-08 Engaged to Jenny
2012-01-11 Seventh trip to Manila (work and Jenny related)
2012-02-09 Eighth trip to Manila (Birth of son)
2012-02-16 Son Dustin Neal born healthy in Manila
2012-09-24 Ninth trip to Manila (work and Jenny/Dustin related)

2013-06-18 Tenth trip to Manila (K1 - Interview!!!!)

2013-10-21 Eleventh trip to Manila (bringing Jenny/Dustin back)
=================================================================
2012-07-31 Sent I-129F package
2012-08-03 NOA1 Vermont Service Center delivered
2012-08-07 NOA1 Hard-copy received
2013-02-15 CBRA Interview for son Dustin

2013-02-25 NOA2 Email of Approval
2013-03-01 NOA2 Hard-copy received

2013-04-15 CBRA Approved

2013-06-14 Medical PASSED!!

2013-06-26 Interview Scheduled

2013-07-11 VISA IN HAND!!!

2013-10-31 POE - Atlanta

2014-01-18 MARRIED

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

the petition has not being approved yet they are waiting for evidences to be sent more than 2 mounth ago......................

If there is no response to RFE, the petition will be denied.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Sorry to hear :/ but everyone here is worried about not getting approved, so if you do nothing you won't get the visa. I'm not an expert, but there is nothing to cancel, just forget about everything and ignore any paper your're sent. Perhaps just call the embassy in your country out of respect for their schedule and system if you feel the need.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Usually if you make no contact about your case for one year they will cancel it. They will send you a letter stating that is has been one year and it will be canceled if you do not contact them before a certain date.

as for me I would contact the embassy via postal and email and explain you are no longer engaged and has no plans to file for visa with this usc. this way should you file later it will be noted why and you ended the relationship not sure if will make any differance but cya

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I think this won't affects the OP if he wants to file for anther k1 in the future if that the case. You are doing the right thing about let it go if you are not sure about getting married with your USC fiance.

I read so many cases about people, that knowing their relationship is over they still went through the whole process, made it successfully, but in the end the beneficiary went back to his/hers homecountry, with a divorce and some bad and painful memories.

It's very painful and heartbroken when you split at this point (or any) with a fiance, but at least you did not take it any further.

To file for a k1 visa we need to be 100000% sure and happy with ours decision.

Good luck buddy!

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

I agree..... Just ignore everything like she is probably going to do and it will take care of itself... Don't stress about it

Day 000: 12/17/12 - I-130, I-485, I-765, & I-131 Received by USCIS.
Day 001: 12/18/12 - NOA's received via text/email.
Day 002: 12/19/12 - Checks cashed.
Day 007: 12/24/12 - Biometrics appointment received.
Day 022: 01/08/13 - Biometrics appointment.
Day 024: 01/10/13 - RFE received (I-864).
Day 035: 01/21/13 - RFE sent to USCIS.
Day 039: 01/25/13 - RFE received by USCIS.
Day 043: 01/29/13 - Interview ready for scheduling.
Day 056: 02/11/13 - EAD & AP approved.
Day 064: 02/19/13 - EAD/AP combo card received!
Day 070: 02/25/13 - Interview scheduled for 3/27/13 (email notification)
Day 100: 03/27/13 - Interview. Told I would hear from them in 30 days or less.
Day 192: 06/27/13 - Letter in the mail requesting ANOTHER copy of my marriage certificate and evidence of bona fidelity marriage.
Day 225: 08/07/13 - AOS APPROVED!!!

Day 227: 08/09/13 - AOS card ordered for production.

Day 235: 08/17/13 - Card received in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The only thing I am worried about is that I met my new girl freind and we want to get married before to apply to live together in US,, we don't know what to do to cancel the previous petition?????????????

what can we do??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.