flybird

Giving evidence of relationship at I-130 versus DS-230 stage

10 posts in this topic

In the CR1 process based on the I-130, is there a *intermediate stage, before the interview, at which a second stash of supporting evidence can be provided?

Yes with the DS-230 at the NVC stage.

I'm unsure when you would do it for a K3 visa however.

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

Can someone point me to guides on this website (or external links) that say:

The extensive evidence of bone fide relationship (eg emails, phone communications, pictures, travel receipts) are actually looked at in the stage when we file the DS-230 (the NVC stage). I am aware that it is ok and useful to provide some evidence in the I-130 stage, but I am swimming in paperwork, and would like to split it among stages, but only if it will actually looked at in the DS230 stage.

But I want to be reassured that the extra stuff is welcomed and is not considered "late" if provided at that DS230 time, providing that some key stuff is also provided preliminarily at the I-130 stage (eg some financials and two affidavits).

One post hinted about this, but I seek confirmation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

No, the USCIS is the stage where you send in evidence of a relationship, not the NVC stage. You have it backwards. The NVC is not to gather relationship evidence, they gather documents. See the guides at the top of this page

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Any evidence you have at the time should be provided with the I-130.

Since your country is unknown, it's unclear if it's OBVIOUS you should send ADDITIONAL info with the ds230 if you have collected more.

Yes, you CAN send additional with the DS230, yes it WILL be looked at.

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

In the CR1 process based on the I-130, is there a *intermediate stage, before the interview, at which a second stash of supporting evidence can be provided?

It's best to provide the evidence with the I-130 filing, because it is presumed that evidence was considered in approving the petition. There is no presumption or guarantee that any evidence submitted later, will actually be seen or considered. If you already filed and want to submit more evidence at the NVC stage, that's fine. It is welcome but again, there's no guarantee it will be considered. You should also take updated/additional evidence to the interview. No guarantees there. Most important evidence stage is when filing the petition.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

As previous posters have said. The USCIS is where the evidence of relationship is required, to make a decision. The NVC( Ds 230) stage provides another opportunity to send in whatever extras you feel could help male a difference at the interview. This depends on the consulate where the interview will take place as some are known to be very tough . If you are going to such a consulate any evidence you send in at the DS 230 stage WILL be at looked once it is included in the file NVC sends down....people coming out of interviews have testified to this.

Edited by ndu26

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Timeline

As previous posters have said. The USCIS is where the evidence of relationship is required, to make a decision. The NVC( Ds 230) stage provides another opportunity to send in whatever extras you feel could help male a difference at the interview. This depends on the consulate where the interview will take place as some are known to be very tough . If you are going to such a consulate any evidence you send in at the DS 230 stage WILL be at looked once it is included in the file NVC sends down....people coming out of interviews have testified to this.

There is no guarantee that items not required by NVC will be looked at prior to or during an interview. It MAY be looked at. Some people send hundreds of pages of evidence. Do you really believe anybody takes the time to read all that? Even what is sent to USCIS may not be actually read in full but any such evidence (sent with the petition) that makes it all the way to the IV Unit abroad, is "deemed" to have been "considered" by USCIS in approving the actual petition.

Anything sent to NVC or carried to the interview MAY or MAY NOT be reviewed by ANYBODY.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No one is saying piles of evidence will be 'studied' . Of course it makes no sense to send mountains of pages to NVC with th DS 230. If one has an opportunity to send in something extra during the NVC stage that could make a difference at the interview, I highly suggest they take it, if they are going through tough consulates(again we have heard testimonies about this,once done with wisdom). Those documents stand a better chance of being looked at by CO than supporting evidence carried by the beneficiary to the interviews; those they may not even ask to see as opposed to something that was already included in the applicant's file.

Just my two cents OP...

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Timeline

No one is saying piles of evidence will be 'studied' . Of course it makes no sense to send mountains of pages to NVC with th DS 230. If one has an opportunity to send in something extra during the NVC stage that could make a difference at the interview, I highly suggest they take it, if they are going through tough consulates(again we have heard testimonies about this,once done with wisdom). Those documents stand a better chance of being looked at by CO than supporting evidence carried by the beneficiary to the interviews; those they may not even ask to see as opposed to something that was already included in the applicant's file.

Just my two cents OP...

Piles of evidence may not be read, ever at any stage. You said "it will be looked at." That statement is not true. "It may be looked at." is a true statement. I presume that by "looked at" you meant more than that somebody would notice there was an extra stack of paper.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.