Flaxen

Reasons for K1 slow down

81 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For myself, the beneficiary. I consider this:

1. This is a "goal" of the USCIS. When you make a goal, you try to make it.

2. I do not have any right to this country (being America) and therefore, cannot complain about processing times. If you think America's are long, I've heard that Canada is longer and harder to get into.

3. Granted we all "have needs" and the USCIS isn't going to start taking favourites to any applications. There is direction and expectations of workers of the USCIS.

4. Update the timeline if you have new information, so the data is more reliable. :time:

All IMHO, of course.

Edited by Buxi&Dusk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

That's so horrible!!! Wrong attitude. Be happy for your fellow citizens. There are gonna be people faster and slower than you on this site. Ths is merely a place to have a sense of community so you don't feel alone in this long, difficult process. Where's you spirit? Go get a bag of kush and calm those nerves brada-man! :dance:

You just filed your K-1 three months ago. We will see how you feel when it has been 7 months and you haven't heard a word, not even an RFE, and you've called USCIS multiple times and one person tells you one thing about processing and another person tells you something completely different. USCIS says they are working on July 18 still, which they have supposedly been on that specific date for TWO MONTHS. They don't have time to finish the second half of July, or even OPEN some of those cases and see if anything else is needed/send an RFE, but they have time to approve cases in September?!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

(although I calculated it to be the 25th of July, based on 1.5 VJ approvals per day).

CSC, VSC, or combined?

Of the last 50 NOA2, 5 were from CSC. There is a difference between CSC and VSC, and has been for the past few months.

CSC is about 0.5 per day, VSC is on about 4 per day. Look at the data people.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

You just filed your K-1 three months ago. We will see how you feel when it has been 7 months and you haven't heard a word, not even an RFE, and you've called USCIS multiple times and one person tells you one thing about processing and another person tells you something completely different. USCIS says they are working on July 18 still, which they have supposedly been on that specific date for TWO MONTHS. They don't have time to finish the second half of July, or even OPEN some of those cases and see if anything else is needed/send an RFE, but they have time to approve cases in September?!

My crystal ball tells me you will hear soon brada man. The universe is always shifting and things can be shaken up, but the alignment of the homeopathic energies will gleam and you will be satisfied.

Timeline

For myself, the beneficiary. I consider this:

1. This is a "goal" of the USCIS. When you make a goal, you try to make it.

They are not trying. Not even close.

2. I do not have any right to this country (being America) and therefore, cannot complain about processing times. If you think America's are long, I've heard that Canada is longer and harder to get into.

I am American, and I really dont care how long it takes to get into Canada.

3. Granted we all "have needs" and the USCIS isn't going to start taking favourites to any applications. There is direction and expectations of workers of the USCIS.

They are working on other applications other than I-129F's. Why, I really dont care. They should work on all cases fairly and equally.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals applications get shipped to the same exact lockboxes as an I-129F, CSC processes them but in a 'different department'. The timing of DACA applications in July of last year (over 1 million now) and the almost dead standstill with July and August NOA1s makes for a great coincidence in that case.

I spoke with my Senator's office today. They did an official inquiry into our case for us, and we had an interesting discussion about the cSC workload. They confirmed that the dream act has a separate department that was hired to handle these cases. What we are seeing is the cyclical shift of processing amongst the various other visa's they handle. While the USCIS is still reporting July 18th as the official last processed date, and has been reporting this day for about 1 month, this slowdown is not because of the Dream Act. The VJ members represent about 3% of the cases that are filed with the USCIS (at least that are handled in CSC) and from the historical data from Igor's list, it looks like about 9% of all the VJ members don't update their timelines past NOA1 (taking March through June, assuming that they are all processed, guessing that 3% of the cases are truly still being adjucated leaves a balance of 9% that don't update). So the previous post is about right on for the sweet spot (although I calculated it to be the 25th of July, based on 1.5 VJ approvals per day).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals applications get shipped to the same exact lockboxes as an I-129F, CSC processes them but in a 'different department'. The timing of DACA applications in July of last year (over 1 million now) and the almost dead standstill with July and August NOA1s makes for a great coincidence in that case.

Yep. Hell of a coincidence, huh? lol They will tell you 2+2=3.

Timeline

My getting approved should instill hope, not bitterness. Stay strong fellow VJers, it will happen!

I'm happy for you. But it doesn't change the fact that a majority of the CSC applications after mid July are in the crapper.

Maybe tomorrow it will turn around.

Maybe next week.

Maybe...maybe...maybe... :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

7 mos waiting tomorrow guys since noa1

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I'm happy for you. But it doesn't change the fact that a majority of the CSC applications after mid July are in the crapper.

Maybe tomorrow it will turn around.

Maybe next week.

Maybe...maybe...maybe... :(

You're being so negative. Lets get back to letting the good times roll like the wind blowing though your hair on a warm, sunny day driving down the highway in 1956 Ford Pickup with a rusty front hubcap. (Things look brighter now, don't they).....

p.s. damn this is good weed

You're being so negative. Lets get back to letting the good times roll like the wind blowing though your hair on a warm, sunny day driving down the highway in 1956 Ford Pickup with a rusty front hubcap. (Things look brighter now, don't they).....

p.s. damn this is good weed

hahaha - awesome!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They are not trying. Not even close.

I am American, and I really dont care how long it takes to get into Canada.

They are working on other applications other than I-129F's. Why, I really dont care. They should work on all cases fairly and equally.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't work at the USCIS. I cannot say what I don't know is fact. I can speculate, but that doesn't get me any further.

That was to show other countries are different for an example, perhaps I should have indicated that. I understand it isn't America, however the timing isn't that bad.

I agree - they should work on all visas. I wouldn't doubt if there is a process flow for visas or something they follow.

Timeline

220 days and still counting... I'll contact our Lawyer today and find out if he's heard anything from the AILA Rep that was supposed to make another inquiry about our petition... :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My getting approved should instill hope, not bitterness. Stay strong fellow VJers, it will happen!

I'm sorry if my posts have come off as attacking you - that was not my intention. I am just very frustrated with the system. I know it is certainly not your fault that your application was approved before many July applications.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.