Danno

Do Atheists have an emptiness which needs filling?

207 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

What you are revealing is your own deep insecurity. You have this need to project your own emptiness onto others.

You aren't "asking" if it is there. You are beside yourself to inject it where it clearly does not exist.

So the question is why can't you be secure in your own beliefs instead of needing to pretend that others think the same way you do?

:rofl:

Are you sober? Look at my title, it is a mere question.

Forgive me if a question is damaging.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Look at my title, it is a mere question.

and do you have the answer to your question now?

i think you posed the question and posted the article without even reading it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:rofl:

Ridicule.

Are you sober?

Ad hominem.

Look at my title, it is a mere question.

"mere" is a term they call a minimizer. Minimizing what you are doing.

But in the main here we have denial. Denying what you are doing - projecting onto others:

Forgive me

For being rude? No, I'd rather point out just how rude you are:

if a question is damaging.

Certainly full of ourselves, aren't we? A child can call people names and make fun of them. This is what religion has done for you, apparently. Congratulations, I guess.

Timeline

Certainly full of ourselves, aren't we? A child can call people names and make fun of them. This is what religion has done for you, apparently. Congratulations, I guess.

Your a bit too hyper sensitive, I ask a simple question, rather than address the question, which you should do with full confidence you carry on as if someone blew your skirt up.

It's a message board, relax.

William Penn

Your a bit too hyper sensitive, I ask a simple question, rather than address the question, which you should do with full confidence you carry on as if someone blew your skirt up.

i'm learning that there is no point to address your questions. if you don't get the answer you're looking for, you completely ignore the response. childish.

It would probably be best to ignore him from now on. He's clearly not here for any kind of rational discussion.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Who do you think would be more empty Danno, the atheist who is confronted with absolute proof of God, or the devout Christian who suddlenly and without doubt realizes there is none?

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

most atheists are tired of being treated like pariahs of the community. people attend church is for a sense of belonging, community with like minded people. as an atheist, i certainly enjoy the company of a like-minded people. i wouldn't be so quick to assume atheists are trying to fill a 'spiritual' void - more like a social void, as it says in the OP - which i'm not sure danno read before choosing his title..

I think the term 'spiritual void' is a euphemism for 'ignorance', otherwise why would they try to empty that void in church?

Most atheists I know are very capable of assessing their troubles and tribulations and address them at the root, whereas the religious seem unable to take charge of their own lives, resorting the superstition as an explanation for their 'void', not unlike children who place their faith on the tooth fairy, easter bunny and Santa.

It would probably be best to ignore him from now on. He's clearly not here for any kind of rational discussion.

Those who subscribe to religious superstition are seldom capable of rationality.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I think the term 'spiritual void' is a euphemism for 'ignorance', otherwise why would they try to empty that void in church?

Most atheists I know are very capable of assessing their troubles and tribulations and address them at the root, whereas the religious seem unable to take charge of their own lives, resorting the superstition as an explanation for their 'void', not unlike children who place their faith on the tooth fairy, easter bunny and Santa.

i don't like calling myself an atheist for the same reason i don't like calling myself a feminist. there is such a negative connotation to both terms that is bred purely of ignorance and unfortunately this ignorance is taught instead of questioned..

i'm not an atheist because i claim to know if there is a god or who that god is, i'm an atheist basically out of apathy. there are so many religions, so many gods - which one you subscribe to has more to do with when and where you are born than 'faith' or 'calling'. i prefer to deal in what i know for certain exists and i choose to approach spirituality from a humanitarian stance.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

i don't like calling myself an atheist for the same reason i don't like calling myself a feminist. there is such a negative connotation to both terms that is bred purely of ignorance and unfortunately this ignorance is taught instead of questioned..

i'm not an atheist because i claim to know if there is a god or who that god is, i'm an atheist basically out of apathy. there are so many religions, so many gods - which one you subscribe to has more to do with when and where you are born than 'faith' or 'calling'. i prefer to deal in what i know for certain exists and i choose to approach spirituality from a humanitarian stance.

I don't call myself an atheist for I do not define myself by the sickness of the religious superstitious. I simply don't share their superstition, but I do understand and pity their desperate need for consequence and importance to their existence.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your a bit too hyper sensitive,

More name-calling.

I ask a simple question,

More minimizing denial.

rather than address the question,

I did. You're lying now.

which you should do with full confidence you carry on as if someone blew your skirt up.

More ad hominems.

Nasty people like to insult you repeatedly and then try to paint you an "angry person". This is an outstanding example.

They are generally doing the opposite of what they are saying they are doing. So while throwing out numerous ad hominems in every post, claiming this is really relaxing.

I do enjoy the opportunity to point out manipulative behavior when I see it. Helping others learn to spot manipulators. The spouse is going to get a raft of emotional abuse, that's for sure. Every insult delivered to her, every put-down is a victory to the manipulator. But in the end what that long parade of victories gets them is isolation. Congratulations in advance.

Timeline

More name-calling.

More minimizing denial.

I did. You're lying now.

More ad hominems.

Nasty people like to insult you repeatedly and then try to paint you an "angry person". This is an outstanding example.

They are generally doing the opposite of what they are saying they are doing. So while throwing out numerous ad hominems in every post, claiming this is really relaxing.

I do enjoy the opportunity to point out manipulative behavior when I see it. Helping others learn to spot manipulators. The spouse is going to get a raft of emotional abuse, that's for sure. Every insult delivered to her, every put-down is a victory to the manipulator. But in the end what that long parade of victories gets them is isolation. Congratulations in advance.

All that is really unnecessary, (and lacks any entertainment value) just answer the question, are the Atheists in the vid missing something which makes them attend a place that looks like a church acts like a church and follows a church template?

As I have documented here before Atheists tend to be cheapskates, they tend to participate much less in helping the community out, they even donate blood less, perhaps the Atheists version of church might do them some good?

I'm just exploring issues here, no need to take everything on a personal level.

:thumbs:

William Penn

As I have documented here before Atheists tend to be cheapskates, they tend to participate much less in helping the community out, they even donate blood less, perhaps the Atheists version of church might do them some good?

Wow. Just ... wow.