degreeofhope

Case Complete but still no interview date

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My case was completed in Mid January. I received an email from NVC on Jan 27 saying,

"The NVC has received all documentation necessary...as soon as an interview date has been scheduled, you will be notified...The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements...until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa."

usually how long do we have to wait until they notify us of an interview date?

Filed: Country: Denmark
Timeline

My case was completed in Mid January. I received an email from NVC on Jan 27 saying,

"The NVC has received all documentation necessary...as soon as an interview date has been scheduled, you will be notified...The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements...until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa."

usually how long do we have to wait until they notify us of an interview date?

Is this for AOS? If so, there's no set timeframe for when you'll receive your interview date. Depends on your local office. We filed AOS on Sept 28, our case went to interview scheduling around Dec 1st & we just found out today we've been scheduled for an interview in March. Took 122 days to get the interview scheduled. For some it's quicker & for others it takes longer. Check out the general/average timelines on this site to get a better idea.

Husband's AOS Journey from VWP Entry

6/22/2012 Boyfriend entered US under VWP

9/15/2012 We got married!

9/21/2012 Stamp on passport expired

9/28/2012 Mailed I-130 & I-485 packets to Chicago Lock box via USPS Priority

10/2/2012 Received Date

10/4/2012 Notice Date

10/9/2012 Received text & email notifications for NOA (4 forms)

10/12/2012 Received hard copies of NOAs (all 4 forms- I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765)

10/15/2012 Received NOA with Biometrics Appointment

10/30/2012 Completed Biometrics (completed on date assigned)

12/11/2012 EAD & AP Approved

12/20/2012 EAD/AP Combo Card Arrived

2/6/2013 Notification for Interview

3/15/2013 Interview- APPROVED!!!! :)

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Is this for AOS? If so, there's no set timeframe for when you'll receive your interview date. Depends on your local office. We filed AOS on Sept 28, our case went to interview scheduling around Dec 1st & we just found out today we've been scheduled for an interview in March. Took 122 days to get the interview scheduled. For some it's quicker & for others it takes longer. Check out the general/average timelines on this site to get a better idea.

what is AOS? i'm a US citizen marrying foreign wife.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

what is AOS? i'm a US citizen marrying foreign wife.

It's not AOS. (Adjustment of Status) The person asking that question was way off base. You posting regarding NVC and in a visa forum, should be enough for anybody familiar with the process to know this is about a spouse visa.

You just wait for an interview date to be assigned. NVC will send you an email when it has been assigned.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

It took me 14/15 days to get my interview scheduled. But it depends how busy is the consulate in your country, usually it takes 1 to 3 months

"...Come...follow me."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am also waiting for interview date. I knw two people with case completes 5 and 3 days before mine who already got dates for late march. It depends on the availability of dates at your consulate. for vietnam it ithink it sometimes strecthes into months ( 3 at least) go to your country's forum to have an idea

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

are you sure by AOS they weren't referring to the Affidavit of Support? thats what i thought it stood for, lol.

The person asking about AOS was meaning Adjustment of Status. This was clear by their reference to an interview at a local office.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

are you sure by AOS they weren't referring to the Affidavit of Support? thats what i thought it stood for, lol.

In the spousal visa forum(s), AOS will usually mean Affidavit of Support. However, there is another immigration process that is known as a Adjustment of Status which is also shortened to AOS.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 3 months later...

Which date would be considered as your case complete date? I'm asking because when I had called NVC, he told me I had a case complete on May 1st, but I received the email on May 8th, so would the case complete date be the day NVC emailed me regarding my case complete? Thanks

Which date would be considered as your case complete date? I'm asking because when I had called NVC, he told me I had a case complete on May 1st, but I received the email on May 8th, so would the case complete date be the day NVC emailed me regarding my case complete? Thanks

Never mind, I think I found my answer. I believe emails are delayed so I'll go with May 1st- what the rep told me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.