shira

Yet another thread on vaccinations

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I've read pretty much all the threads on vaccinations needed for immigration, yet the answers I've seen have been rather muddled. I cannot tell what the true "protocol" is for missing vaccinations.

The USCIS website lists all of the following vaccinations as "required for immigration purposes:"

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis B

Influenza

Influenza type b (Hib)

Measles

Meningococcal

Mumps

Penumococcal

Pertussis

Polio

Rotavirus

Rubella

Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

Varicella

1. I know that at the official medical examination performed prior to the day of the visa interview, the prospective immigrant (the "applicant") will be asked to provide records of all vaccinations received. Let's assume that the applicant hasn't received at least one of these required vaccinations.
  2. What will happen at the pre-visa-interview medical examination in this case?
  3. Will the physician doing the medical examination provide all missing vaccinations? Or will the applicant need to get the vaccinations elsewhere and re-schedule the medical examination (and possibly the pre-visa-interview)?
  4. Some vaccinations require multiple injections over an extended period of time. For example, the hepatitis B vaccinations requires a series of three injections - an initial shot, another one month later, and another six months after the initial shot. Does the applicant need to complete all required injections in a series before being granted an immigrant visa? For example, if the applicant hasn't received a hepatitis B, would the applicant be required to receive all three injections (entailing a wait of six months) BEFORE being allowed to immigrate? Or, would the applicant be given the initial injection for the series at the medical examination, and then be required to complete the series AFTER immigrating to the U.S?

Thanks very much in advance for your response(s)

08-Oct-2012 -- Married in Chongqing

29-Oct-2012 -- Heavily front-loaded I-130 sent (spouse is Chinese)
02-Nov-2012 -- NOA-1 email received (Receipt Date = November 1, 2012)
01-Feb-2013 -- NOA-2 surface mail received (Notice Date = 28-Jan-2013 - 88 days)
26-Feb-2013 -- NVC case/IIN numbers received on phone (after 3 weeks daily calls) - gave NVC our email addresses
28-Feb-2013 -- DS-3032 email received
28-Feb-2013 -- AOS Invoice email received
28-Feb-2013 -- Tried to pay AOS Invoice on the State Department website, but site wouldn't allow the login
01-Mar-2013 -- Sent the Electronic Processing OPTIN email with signed/dated DS-3032 attached
01-Mar-2013 -- Successfully paid AOS Invoice on State Department website
07-Mar-2013 -- EP-OPTIN/DS-3032/AOS-fee-payment confirmation email received with new GZO case number
11-Mar-2013 -- DS-230 invoice received; Successfuly paid DS-230 invoice on State Department website the same day

16-Jul-2013 -- Sent I-864 package (6 MB) via email to NVCElectronic

16-Jul-2013 -- Sent DS-230 package (18 MB) via email to NVCElectronic

30-Jul-2013 -- Received acknowledgement of receipt of DS-230 package

31-Jul-2013 -- Received acknowledgement of receipt of I-864 package

12-Sep-2013 -- Received Status-change email from NVC - Case complete

12-Sep-2013 -- Received Interview-scheduled email from NVC - Interview scheduled for 4-November-2013

4-Nov-2013 -- Interview easily passed (four questions). Waiting for passport/visa.

5-Nov-2013 -- CEAC Status = "Issued"

7-Nov-2013 -- Status in reply-email from passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com = "Origination Scan"

12-Nov-2013 -- Received email from ustraveldocs: "Ready for pickup"

14-Nov-2013 -- Wife picked up passport/visa from local CITIC bank

14-Nov-2013 -- Paid Immigrant Fee on USCIS website

07-Mar-2014 -- POE = Washington Dulles Airport

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

If vaccinations have been given in the past but no records exist, some doctors will perform what's known as an antibody titer test. They will examine the blood to determine if any antibodies are present from previously administered vaccinations.

If the beneficiary has never had any of the vaccinations, they can either get them done beforehand or they will all be given during the medical.

I'm not sure on vaccinations with series like Hep B but I've never heard of someone's immigration being postponed from missing latter parts of a series. Perhaps another member who has personally dealt with this can answer this question.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am fully immunized but I can't find my card to prove it, so late last year after reading info in the uscis web site I stated doing my shots over I have 1 more shot for HEPATITIS B and 1 more for MMR and my next appointment at the clinic is may 2nd and I have embassy interview on March 28th. So I myself is looking for answers. So guys if u have info that could help us please share... Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

also keep in mind that some of these are not 'age appropriate';

rather might NOT be 'age appropropriate' for your lass.

keep that in mind as you are reviewing each shot and the need for that shot.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 1 year later...
Filed: Country: Panama
Timeline

What ended up happening with your vaccinations? Were you required to have all series completed prior to your interview date. We have run into the same issue. My husband does not have all of his vaccinations and our interview date is only a month away. Will he still be allowed to immigrate with only the first series of vaccinations complete?

As an adult there are many on that vaccination list that don't apply. Someone put a link up for age appropriate vaccinations a while back but I think 18-65 year olds only need the tetanus/pertussis, MMR, varicella and influenza

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** this thread is over a year old. Rather than making "zombie threads" be posting in old threads, you might want to start your own topic or PM the Op *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.