Yetsi

Suspentig Citizenship fraud

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi, every one. I have a question and any advised would be highly appreciated. A few months ago while I was at work I received a called from an immigration officer, in regard to my daughter's father citizenship, she told me that in order for them to grant him the citizenship I would have to write a letter stating that he is paying Child Support, and that he is a good father which is not the case, he does not take care of our daughter and pay child support whenever he feels like, even when there is a court order; her response was" well at least he pays" so I just told her that I was not going to write such a letter end and that was the end of our conversation. a few days after he kept insisting via text and phone calls, but I never replied or talk to him. I just found out that he was granted his citizenship not to long ago, now I have the feeling or think that in his determination to obtain his citizenship no matter what he wrote the letter himself or assisted by someone else and force my signature, this are all assumptions, but my gut is telling me that something is not right, therefore I would like to find out if that is the case, so my question is how can I do it and in case that this come as a true suspicion how can I report this to USCIS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, every one. I have a question and any advised would be highly appreciated. A few months ago while I was at work I received a called from an immigration officer, in regard to my daughter's father citizenship, she told me that in order for them to grant him the citizenship I would have to write a letter stating that he is paying Child Support, and that he is a good father which is not the case, he does not take care of our daughter and pay child support whenever he feels like, even when there is a court order; her response was" well at least he pays" so I just told her that I was not going to write such a letter end and that was the end of our conversation. a few days after he kept insisting via text and phone calls, but I never replied or talk to him. I just found out that he was granted his citizenship not to long ago, now I have the feeling or think that in his determination to obtain his citizenship no matter what he wrote the letter himself or assisted by someone else and force my signature, this are all assumptions, but my gut is telling me that something is not right, therefore I would like to find out if that is the case, so my question is how can I do it and in case that this come as a true suspicion how can I report this to USCIS.

To tell you the truth, I do not believe you should be allowed to find out. It's his case. You didn't write anything, so if it ever comes up that the government believes you did write a letter, you can deny it. But if he was approved without a letter, there is no reason for you to be given the right to dig into his case. It's truly none of your business.

If he tries to get out of a court proceeding claiming you created an estoppel by writing a letter to immigration saying that he pays everything on time, then you have a defense, namely fraud by forgery. But it's not your responsibility to see if he got his citizenship legally. That's the government's job. The less you dabble in his life, the better. And you could be breaking privacy laws if you dabble too much, and he could claim that you are stalking or harassing him if he finds out you are trying to look into his personal citizenship case.

Just move on and make a note to yourself about your suspicions (in a word processor or your email). If your suspicions prove to be correct, the truth will come out sooner or later, and you'll have a defense.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

there's a local office where his interview and test occured.

inside that local office, there's an ICE officer - if it's a large enough office there's an ICE crew.

So - find out the local office, go in via an infopass appointment, and talk with the ICE officer.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Making child support payments is a question on the N-400, known of some that had to provide proof with receipts.

You were given the opportunity to answer this question truthfully and honestly, but for whatever your reasons, you elected not to do so. So why are you making an issue out of it now? This is showing lack of integrity on your part.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Making child support payments is a question on the N-400, known of some that had to provide proof with receipts.

You were given the opportunity to answer this question truthfully and honestly, but for whatever your reasons, you elected not to do so. So why are you making an issue out of it now? This is showing lack of integrity on your part.

just would like to know who the statement is being addressed to, the member or the member's daughter's father? looks like it's the daughter's father that was negligent with the child support payments and based on member's post, probably got citizenship with a lie.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

the OP said the officer asked her to write a altter stating he has been paying child support and her reponse was she wnt write such letter since he has not been consistent.... where is her negligence in that?

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

The OP said this "A few months ago while I was at work I received a called from an immigration officer"

Was it really an immigration officer who called? or is it an immigration lawyer! I am a bit confused!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.