jj2013

IR-1 (I-130) Application for my wife

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Folks I just applied for IR-1 (I-130) application for my wife on Jan 14th, I got NOA1 notification that priority date has been assigned to me for Jan 18th.

I need your input for I-130 package I sent for my wife application, please help me in case I forgot anything or did anything incorrectly so and can be ready before loosing any further time in case if I am asked for further RFE by National Visa Center.

I am USC, married in October 2012, applied in January following are the contents of my I-130 application.

• Completely filled and signed I-130 application from my self (petitioner)
  • Completely filled and signed G-325a application from my self (petitioner)
  • Completely filled and G-1145 e-notification application from my self (petitioner)
  • Completely filled and signed I-864 Affidavit of support application from my self (petitioner)
  • Completely filled and signed G-325a application from my wife (beneficiary)
  • Completely filled and signed DS-230 application from my wife (beneficiary) (both part I & II filled, signed part I only by my wife)
  • Color copy of my US passport (all pages), and color copy of my naturalization certificate (they are not certified or notarized )
  • Black and white copy of my wife's Pakistani Passport (all pages)(they are copies of certified or notarized actual document )
  • Black and white copy of my wife's Pakistani ID card showing my name as husband (they are copies of certified or notarized actual document )
  • IRS transcript of last three years of my tax return, copies of W2 from last three year from my employer
  • Last 6 months of my pay stub copies showing my salary
  • Letter from my employer in official letter head indicating my current salary / title and also shows that it is above poverty level
  • Copies of three Affidavit from relatives witness the marriage ( these are copies of actual notarized documents done in Pakistan)
  • Copies of three documents showing my wife higher education achieved degree and work experience in Pakistan ( these are copies of actual notarized documents done in Pakistan)
  • Copy of police certificate for my wife in Pakistan (copy of actual notarized / certified document)
  • Copy of my wife's birth certificate (copy of actual notarized / certified document)
  • Copies of money transfer transcript I sent to my wife as evidence for bona fide marriage
  • Copies of phone call history to my wife as evidence for bona fide marriage
  • Wedding pictures, and family dinner pictures of me, my wife and our family in Pakistan
  • Copy of marriage certificate translation document (notarized and certified my magistrate in Pakistan) * note forgot to send actual marriage certificate
  • 3 passport size photos of my wife as per US Department of State requirements
  • 2 passport size photos of my self as per US DOS requirement
  • Check of $420 for I-130 application fee
  • Cover letter including table of contents what is sent in the package

Note: I sent copies of everything, actual notarized copies of my wife's pakistani documents are still with me as I did not send them in case USCIS will loose them, not sure if this would be a problem, I believe they can can check these originals at time of interview.

Please see what I have sent so far for completeness and correctness, in case if I do miss anything then please help me so I can be prepared ahead and do not loose any further time going back and forth with USCIS, also note I forgot to include actual marriage cert however did included translated certified document of marriage cert not sure if this would be a problem. Please read and guide me and also please do suggest next steps, so I be ready in time, I know I might get notification or my wife get it to choose or select choice of agent, can we do anything in advance to save any time ??? Please help appreciate your input

Edited by jj2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

First of all it is an I-130 petition, not an application. You are petitioning the USCIS so she can apply for a CR-1 visa. She will be applying for CR-1, not IR-1, you have been married less than 2 years therefore she will be a conditional resident. You did not need to send in the I-864 with supporting documents, tax returns, employment letter and pay stubs, the ds-3032, or the ds-230 with supporting documents, as these are not required until the next step of the process at the NVC. Take a look at the guides at the top of the page, you jumped the gun on a lot of things.

Edited by mimolicious

Timeline

First of all it is an I-130 petition, not an application. You are petitioning the USCIS so she can apply for a CR-1 visa. She will be applying for CR-1, not IR-1, you have been married less than 2 years therefore she will be a conditional resident. You did not need to send in the I-864 with supporting documents, tax returns, employment letter and pay stubs, the ds-3032, or the ds-230 with supporting documents, as these are not required until the next step of the process at the NVC. Take a look at the guides at the top of the page, you jumped the gun on a lot of things.

Oh I see thanks for the clarification, would this be a problem as I sent more than required documents ??

Timeline

Naw bro it wont be a problem. Actually, in the instructions of I-130 it list all the required documents you need for the first step :) Now you gotta wait patiently until you receive NOA2. InshaAllah it will come in quick! Wish you all the best.

Timeline

Naw bro it wont be a problem. Actually, in the instructions of I-130 it list all the required documents you need for the first step :) Now you gotta wait patiently until you receive NOA2. InshaAllah it will come in quick! Wish you all the best.

Thanks buddy just wondering if USCIS will discard additional docs that I sent with application , in such case I have to request new transcript from IRS again, and get new letter of appointment from my employer as I sent orginals with by I-130 application

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

huh? you sent in DS-230 and I-864 with the I-130 to a lockbox address in the USA?

Read this - somethings wrong..

Loto's Wiki Page - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

FWIW, USCIS won't ding you about sending in the stuff that NVC wanted, but do note you must send in all of that stuff again, into NVC, when it's time.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

• Completely filled and signed I-864 Affidavit of support application from my self (petitioner)
  • Completely filled and signed DS-230 application from my wife (beneficiary) (both part I & II filled, signed part I only by my wife)
  • Black and white copy of my wife's Pakistani Passport (all pages)(they are copies of certified or notarized actual document )
  • IRS transcript of last three years of my tax return, copies of W2 from last three year from my employer
  • Letter from my employer in official letter head indicating my current salary / title and also shows that it is above poverty level
    ]Copy of police certificate for my wife in Pakistan (copy of actual notarized / certified document)
  • Copy of my wife's birth certificate (copy of actual notarized / certified document)
  • Copy of marriage certificate translation document (notarized and certified my magistrate in Pakistan)
  • 2 passport size photos of my wife as per US Department of State requirements

Everything above you sent to USCIS will have to be redone for your NVC stage. And they must all be originals or certified copies of the original.

Good job with everything else though.

Go to the NVC filers thread read post #1 and #2 to get familiar with the next stage. Ypu have some months of waiting.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/406819-nvc-filers-january-2013/

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

]Copy of police certificate for my wife in Pakistan (copy of actual notarized / certified document)
  • Copy of marriage certificate translation document (notarized and certified my magistrate in Pakistan)
  • 2 passport size photos of my wife as per US Department of State requirements

Everything above you sent to USCIS will have to be redone for your NVC stage. And they must all be originals or certified copies of the original.

Good job with everything else though.

Go to the NVC filers thread read post #1 and #2 to get familiar with the next stage. Ypu have some months of waiting.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/406819-nvc-filers-january-2013/

Ok then I think I have so send G-325a and DS-230 forms to my wife so she can sign it again. Also she might need new photos as I heard no later than 30 days old passport pictures are accepted. To savetime I can ask her to sign DS-2032 form in advance (not sure about this step) Thanks for the help, as it really helped me

Timeline

the G-325A is not submitted into NVC, at all.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok then I think I have so send G-325a and DS-230 forms to my wife so she can sign it again. Also she might need new photos as I heard no later than 30 days old passport pictures are accepted. To savetime I can ask her to sign DS-2032 form in advance (not sure about this step) Thanks for the help, as it really helped me

Did u go to that NVC filers thread I posted. There's no need for her to sign and send u a DS-3032 its done by email follow the template.

Also G325A is USCIS not NVC. You need to go back to the thread and read post #1 and #2.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Ya, please review the link in post #6.

Once on that page, take out a clean sheet o paper, and map out what goes where and when.

Good Luck !

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Folks I just applied for IR-1 (I-130) application for my wife on Jan 14th, I got NOA1 notification that priority date has been assigned to me for Jan 18th.

I need your input for I-130 package I sent for my wife application, please help me in case I forgot anything or did anything incorrectly so and can be ready before loosing any further time in case if I am asked for further RFE by National Visa Center.

I am USC, married in October 2012, applied in January following are the contents of my I-130 application.

• Completely filled and signed I-130 application from my self (petitioner)
  • Completely filled and signed G-325a application from my self (petitioner)
  • Completely filled and G-1145 e-notification application from my self (petitioner)
  • Completely filled and signed G-325a application from my wife (beneficiary)
  • Color copy of my US passport (all pages), and color copy of my naturalization certificate (they are not certified or notarized )
  • Black and white copy of my wife's Pakistani ID card showing my name as husband (they are copies of certified or notarized actual document )
  • Copies of three Affidavit from relatives witness the marriage ( these are copies of actual notarized documents done in Pakistan)
  • Copies of three documents showing my wife higher education achieved degree and work experience in Pakistan ( these are copies of actual notarized documents done in Pakistan)
  • Copy of police certificate for my wife in Pakistan (copy of actual notarized / certified document)
  • Copies of money transfer transcript I sent to my wife as evidence for bona fide marriage
  • Copies of phone call history to my wife as evidence for bona fide marriage
  • Wedding pictures, and family dinner pictures of me, my wife and our family in Pakistan
  • Copy of marriage certificate translation document (notarized and certified my magistrate in Pakistan) * note forgot to send actual marriage certificate
  • 3 passport size photos of my wife as per US Department of State requirements
  • 2 passport size photos of my self as per US DOS requirement
  • Check of $420 for I-130 application fee
  • Cover letter including table of contents what is sent in the package

Note: I sent copies of everything, actual notarized copies of my wife's pakistani documents are still with me as I did not send them in case USCIS will loose them, not sure if this would be a problem, I believe they can can check these originals at time of interview.

Please see what I have sent so far for completeness and correctness, in case if I do miss anything then please help me so I can be prepared ahead and do not loose any further time going back and forth with USCIS, also note I forgot to include actual marriage cert however did included translated certified document of marriage cert not sure if this would be a problem. Please read and guide me and also please do suggest next steps, so I be ready in time, I know I might get notification or my wife get it to choose or select choice of agent, can we do anything in advance to save any time ??? Please help appreciate your input

Brother you have sent too many documents.. Check the list of required docus. Do not send originals of to Usics ... And once u will send her edu degrees mind that its hard o get them back lol u dont need to provide all that.. This category is to prove eligibility of immrant visa cr-1 n thats having a bonafide marriage. And other requested documents civil etc

Since this is already sent, there is really no point in saying to you to send this and not that. But anything to do with the I-864 (including tax transcripts, letters from your employer and pay stubs) will probably be asked for again at the NVC. Also you'll have to send the DS-230 again along will your wife's documents to the NVC. At the NVC you will will have to send originals or certified copies which are not notarized copies, but rather are generally obtained from the governing body who gave the original. At the NVC stage there will also be two more payments which are generally made online, AOS (affidavit of support) for $88 and $230 for the DS-230 (called the IV fee.) Since your wife will undoubtedly be incoming past Feb 1st, 2013, there will also be a USCIS "New Immigrant Fee" of $165, which is also payable online. (Just as a heads up to the fees you'll be having to pay.)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.