N-o-l-a

Treating Foreign Women Like a Commodity

147 posts in this topic

I don't get the shopping mentality of "Oh I'll just get myself another Filipina" or "try a Ukrainian next time." Does anyone else find themselves as offended by this as I am? As a mother to a child who is part Filipina and a woman in general (albeit a not very feminist one), I'm kind of unsettled.

Does anyone else feel that way?

There does seem to be a bit of that along with the throw back the current one and fish for the next…

I do think most of the people on the board are not like that though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Nola, are you still on about that? Lol, I saw the thread that started you off. There's nothing you can do about his views, the human subconscious will always reveal someone's true thoughts. Your perception of that, is that his perception of these brides are chattel. And it bothers you, as i am sure it would irk many others. But that's not going to change anything.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Nola, are you still on about that? Lol, I saw the thread that started you off. There's nothing you can do about his views, the human subconscious will always reveal someone's true thoughts. Your perception of that, is that his perception of these brides are chattel. And it bothers you, as i am sure it would irk many others. But that's not going to change anything.....

Have I brought it up before? I don't have a recollection of that... although that is no guarantee.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Think of the people on here going through their 3rd and 4th marriages, think they'd learn by now how to talk to and about there loved ones. J/S.....

Edited by Sayha or bust.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Timeline

Didn't you? May be it wasn't you that brought it up right in that poor guys thread...I'm sorry i thought it was you. So there you have it, you're not the only one that picked up on his views about a foreign bride being a piece of off the shelf merchandise...

Timeline

My apologies Nola, I reviewed that thread And it wasn't you that went off . But rest to sure that many has the same view as you...

Edited by SteveAndTiff

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Think of the people on here going through their 3rd and 4th marriages, think they'd learn by now how to talk to and about there loved ones. J/S.....

My apologies Nola, I reviewed that thread And it wasn't you that went off . But rest to sure that many has the same view as you...

Thanks, it is comforting knowing that I'm not the only one that was a little more than perplexed...

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I missed that thread - link please.

Thanks in advance.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

Relevant criticism is not necessarily "going off."

I'm not only grossed out by the merchandise mentality (which, to be fair, can be seen in both sexes on here), but the lack of respect for any subsequent partner acquired quickly after a breakup. People need time to heal from relationship breakdowns. Encouraging people to go out and get another (or another, better model from Country X) can be a recipe for disaster, both for the person with the recent break-up, and the new partner.

All that being said, I shall watch this thread for the inevitable appearance of those who tell us we're just jelly.

Perception...everyone sees the same thing differently...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

although i completely agree, this is an issue that goes both ways and sadly, there's really nothing to be done about it. my husband's family is from a beach town that's swamped with foreign tourists during the summer months, and there are the typical "gringa hunter" locals that do everything in their power to get ahold of an american, or brit, or canadian (etc etc) so they can get married and get a visa to get out of their country. it's basically just tricking the foreign girls into liking them so they get a ticket out. if it doesn't work, they wait for the next wave and try again. :( sad but true.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

When I joined this forum I was shocked at how many times I saw/ read this type of thing, it really put me off.

I try to ignore it now ... but sometimes I still find myself in disbelief at the chauvinistic views of certain people.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04