woodsman4cb

I-134 Proof

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am recovering from a broken ankle, and am not able to easily retrieve documents. I am trying to get sufficient documents together for the I-134. I work for the Federal Government, and can print out several documents with my name on them and the numbers requested. I can print out my 3 most recent pay statements, my annual salary, and my thrift savings plan showing my investment accumulation in stocks and bonds.

I also have online banking, and could print out my account summary of my savings/checking account.

Would that be sufficient? If I read the directions correctly, there only needs to be two of the mentioned proofs included? Do I also need a statement from my boss at work, or would the Employee Personal page that shows my starting date etc. be sufficient?

I really appreciate any information.

[/entry][/code]

s-event.png

[/entry][/code]

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am recovering from a broken ankle, and am not able to easily retrieve documents. I am trying to get sufficient documents together for the I-134. I work for the Federal Government, and can print out several documents with my name on them and the numbers requested. I can print out my 3 most recent pay statements, my annual salary, and my thrift savings plan showing my investment accumulation in stocks and bonds.

I also have online banking, and could print out my account summary of my savings/checking account.

Would that be sufficient? If I read the directions correctly, there only needs to be two of the mentioned proofs included? Do I also need a statement from my boss at work, or would the Employee Personal page that shows my starting date etc. be sufficient?

I really appreciate any information.

I would not try to do it without an IRS transcript of the most recent tax return. Call the IRS and they will mail it to you FREE. Add it to what you have and you are good to go. Use most recent check stubs to verify income.

Another tip. When you read directions that say "Please provide at least TWO of the following FOUR items" you should provide FIVE of the following FOUR items. Never try to see how little you can provide, try to see how MUCH you can provide. The finanical part of this is an entirely subjective matter, someone DECIDES if they believe you have sufficiently proven your case. They do not know you and will not interview you, they make a decision in about 7 seconds based on what you give them. The more you give them, the more likely you are to succeed.

Guidelines are just that, GUIDELINES, they are NOT "goal lines"

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

If my income is more than over the federal poverty level is it necessary to also get a letter from bank showing how much my deposits have been for the year and balance?

I would say just what Gary and Alla said. Provide as much proof as you can.

We have the papers from the bank, the letter of the employer, the paystubs and I am currently printing the tax returns for the last 3 years. This is such a pain. I am pretty sure they won't ask me for the tax returns. But seriously... better be safe than sorry! I am not taking any chance. This is so long, so frustrating, so painfull to be separated like that. If something goes wrong because I was to lazy to print out something, or because my fiancé didn't want to send a bank paper to me... I think we would auto-beat ourselves up pretty bad...

(on a side note, I also printed all of our what's app history, I am going to have more mails and pictures...Much more than the minimum they ask for. Once again, probably useless, they won't ask for it, I am almost certain... But if I don't bring it and they ask... I would be furious at myself)

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

If my income is more than over the federal poverty level is it necessary to also get a letter from bank showing how much my deposits have been for the year and balance?

Nope, I didn't. No need if your income is fine.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Nope, I didn't. No need if your income is fine.

Baron, I usually don't argue with people who are more experience in this that I, but I really wonder if not getting at least the letter of the employer and bank papers, whatever your income, is really safe? What if the CO considers there is something suspicious and he/she wants more proof? I know I'd be so stressed not to have everything I possibly can before the interview...

Here are the instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

The "at least two" dispappeared . Now it is "any of the document listed bellow that apply"... It might mean that you can bring only one. However I wouldn't risk it.... What does it cost to ask this to the bank?

The CO can deny the petition if he or she decides you didn't provide "sufficient proof". What is considered to be "sufficient proof" is their decision... not ours.

So.... the maniest proofs the better.

@Beancamp and woodman, if I were you I would call the bank as soon as you guys have the NOA2, ask specifically for what is in the instructions, wait around 10 to 15 days to get it, send it to my fiancé. Why bringing additional unnecessary stress on your fiancé the day of her interview?

Just my thoughts anywaywhistling.gif

Best luck to you guys in your journeygood.gif

I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Baron, I usually don't argue with people who are more experience in this that I, but I really wonder if not getting at least the letter of the employer and bank papers, whatever your income, is really safe? What if the CO considers there is something suspicious and he/she wants more proof? I know I'd be so stressed not to have everything I possibly can before the interview...

There's no need to argue. If your income is way over the poverty limits, then there is no reason to submit anything else. Yes, and as I did, obtain the last three years of IRS Tax Transcripts, at least three of the most recent pay summaries and the letter from your employer (these are all easy to obtain). Additional letters from the bank, etc should be obtained if your income is close to the limits, but if it is not, then no need for it.

And for the OP, bonds & stocks are not useful because they are not liquid; the market could crash and they become less than listed.

I'd say either the letter or the official online statement of your employment do the same. Your pay summaries, along with the tax transcripts, are the best.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

There's no need to argue. Indeed ;) What I meant to say is I usually don't say the contrary of someone who is more experienced... But I made an exception cause I had doubts + a stressed alien fiancé view point of the situation (I guess in a couple of years maybe I won't be so extremely much on the safe side anymore... but right now I amwhistling.gif) I didn't want you to take my apparent disagreeing with your answer the wrong way.

If your income is way over the poverty limits, then there is no reason to submit anything else. Yes, and as I did, obtain the last three years of IRS Tax Transcripts, at least three of the most recent pay summaries and the letter from your employer (these are all easy to obtain). Additional letters from the bank, etc should be obtained if your income is close to the limits, but if it is not, then no need for it. OK then.

And for the OP, bonds & stocks are not useful because they are not liquid; the market could crash and they become less than listed.

I'd say either the letter or the official online statement of your employment do the same. I've been told so on VJ. Your pay summaries, along with the tax transcripts, are the best.

Edited by CaroSL

I am the benifeciary

event.png

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

My employment is with the Federal Goverment. I have access to print out the last 3 years of W2 forms, Wage and Tax statements. Is that sufficient?

Thanks.

[/entry][/code]

s-event.png

[/entry][/code]

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

My employment is with the Federal Goverment. I have access to print out the last 3 years of W2 forms, Wage and Tax statements. Is that sufficient?

Thanks.

Is there some reason you don't want to get the transcripts? They come rather quickly.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

I am leaving to go to Brazil to visit my Fiancee, in two days. I want to bring her all of the papers I can, so she will have in advance...The transcripts wouldn't have time to arrive, but I could provide the W2's...

[/entry][/code]

s-event.png

[/entry][/code]

event.png

Timeline

I am leaving to go to Brazil to visit my Fiancee, in two days. I want to bring her all of the papers I can, so she will have in advance...The transcripts wouldn't have time to arrive, but I could provide the W2's...

Anything you can't bring with you, you'll have time to send it by mail before her interview. You have a few months ahead of you before that happens.

Enjoy your vacation, and don't you guys worry about the visa when you are together. Those are precious moments, enjoy them rose.gifrose.gif

I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When my better half went Jan 28th in Manila they just wanted to see the pay stubs and the i-134 form. I sent her the tax transcripts for the 3 previous years, ten pay stubs, letter from employer and w2. After the interview she asked me why I sent her with all those documents when they didn't even look at them. I told her, if i did not have you bring them they would have asked you where they were. It is always better to be over prepared than under prepared.

What IS the current figure for poverty level?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.