53 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

yes my husband is but that should not slow it down they do the chks in the nvc .

Nope, they also do them at USCIS for the I-130s.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/161996-uscis-background-check/

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

It is just time-money-life consuming. Also in my situation we really don't understand what the heck is taking so long.

I already got a background check because of my husband being in the army (okay don't get mad, double check is always better). We couldn't do expedite because he won't be deployed soon (thank God) and we're not extremely poor (according to them. We're pretty broke right now because of me living abroad).

I wonder why do they show the average time on the website? It's pointless. When I applied it was 5 months and it meant that it could take up to 5 months OR LESS. We call at 4.5 months and say we're still in the average waiting time. We call after that and said to call after 2 weeks/1 month/1week and ####### like that. Meanwhile the average changed to 6.4 months and when we call we are still in the average waiting time. What's the point of the average if it keeps changing and I can't complain or find out what's wrong with the paperwork?

They should consider the average time of the day of our NOA1! Otherwise the whole counting months and days is pointless! I don't know if I am clear enough on this point.

I really just need to be with my husband, this place and situation are toxic for me :(

Giovanna

Patience is the key on this journey. Hang in there, the day will come soon. :dance:

02/28/2011 - K1 Application sent

03/03/2011 - K1 Application received

03/07/2011 - NOA1 Date

07/11/2011 - NOA2 Approved 126 days from NOA1

07/27/2011 - NVC recieved

08/05/2011 - NVC sent to consulate

08/10/2011 - Consulate received

09/01/2011 - Interview date

09/15/2011 - Visa Approved

10/06/2011 - Port of Entry - IAD Dulles International

01/25/2012 - AOS Package sent

02/15/2012 - Biometrics taken

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hubby he called the USCIS and they said that they still processing (last week of may 2012) but when i look the immigration timeline here (IGOR'S TIMELINE) says MAY 19, 2012. so who is the REAL? isn't the USCIS or IGOR'S TIMELINE.

i just kinda upset and sad because i can't wait my petition will be gonna approved. :crying: :crying: :crying:

Yeah, I totally understand your frustration.

The official one is USCIS one,even though we see some approvals from june filers. What I don't really get is why when you see their dates it says: "Field Office Processing Dates for Vermont Service Center as of: November 30, 2012" That makes me wonder...what date are they ACTUALLY working on TODAY, since that information belongs to november.

It's really easy to keep telling to myself "Hang in there!" or "Be patient"...but actually is something really hard to do! I feel really sad during the day,I can't sleep well at night, but I have to keep my tears when I talk to him over the phone or when I see him through skype; he also feels sad and anxious for this process to be over, and I try to cheer him up,I don't want him to see me crying everytime we talk!.

All what I am asking for is for someone to come over, take a look to my case, verify if we sent out all the documents (if we have something missing...well, to get the RFE), and Approve it! that's it...we will take care of sending the rest of documents at NVC stage... and what is all this for? Just to be able to have a normal marriage, like everyone else!: I wanna be with my husband, living TOGETHER, enjoy ourselves, LOVE AND SUPPORT EACH OTHER! It's very simple!!

I can't wait to read the magic word "APPROVED"!

Edited by sunflower123

ArXsm6.png

Wedding: April 19th 2012

USCIS (226 days)

NOA1: June 4th 2012

NOA2: January 16th 2013 (226 days after NOA1)

NOA2 hardcopy: January 19th 2013

NVC

Case received 01/21/2013

Case number,IIN and Beneficiary ID 02/05/2013

Case complete 03/20/2013

Medical exam 05/09/2013

Interview 05/13/2013-APPROVED

Received passport with visa 05/16/2013
POE 05/22/2013

ROC

I-751 sent 02/27/2015

NOA 03/03/2015
Biometrics 04/10/2015

Approval: 09/17/2015

GC in mail: 09/26/2015

Filed: Timeline

This country is treating its citizens with disrespect. Rather than making proper laws they try to do natural selection. The longer the process the more people will be discouraged from filing. So the processing time will increase until the rate of incoming petitions decreases to what they can or are willing to process. This may well be the unofficial policy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Unless he (or she) was one of the fortunate ones to somehow get pushed through (or application relocated), someone posted yesterday that their application was Approved. I checked their timeline, and they mailed the application in July 2012; it's being handled in Vermont. It gave me some hope... please don't take that hope away from me. :crying:

io7uy9xfh.png

31d2919881.png

bdcc5f377b.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know it's so hard to wait. Be reminded there are others waiting longer than you and they understand your pain too! Be positive and keep your head high - your approval will come when it is supposed to! Good luck :)

NOA1 - June 4th, 2012

NOA2 - January 11th, 2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

bsd058 How do you know how many applications they are doing in a week?

I didn't say I knew how many apps they are completing per week. I meant I knew how many apps they were getting (receiving per week), but I can give you an average completion rate of about 1300-1400/week based on the average of about 6000/month found here: http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=4&office=6&charttype=1 .

(6000 apps/month x 12 months/year) / 52 weeks/year = 1384 apps per week.

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

So if they are doing June what about people filed last March 2012? and I know somebody filed OCT 2011 no approval yet? wth tey are doing with our papers! I am so mad right now! I dont know what to say Iam shaking in madness!!!!!!!!!1

So if they are doing June what about people filed last March 2012? and I know somebody filed OCT 2011 no approval yet? wth tey are doing with our papers! I am so mad right now! I dont know what to say Iam shaking in madness!!!!!!!!!1

Take that good energy that's shaking you right now, and go do something with it... write a letter to the USCIS on a piece of paper expressing how you feel (but don't send it until you are calm and have a chance to read it over again!). Or organize all your paperwork until it's perfect. Or write to someone sympathetic and cry your heart out to them. I volunteer. It's better than sitting here feeling lost and scared without my husband. :)

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

trust me i cried many times already! its so frustrating.. are these USCIS people have no family too? as if they dont care about what we feel!

Have you tried to do an infopass to see why your case hasn't been processed yet? If mine goes past Feb 9 , which would put me past the 30 day mark of normal processing (My noa date is May 4th) I'm going to go in person to do an inquiry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.