Palmer

K-1 petition denied

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My petition was denied on 1/10/2013. The mailed reason stated that the petition that was filed did not contain any initial evidence or supporting documentation. You have failed to comply with the regulatory requirements for documents to support your petition, as outlined in the instructions on the From Petition for Alie Finance Form 129-F.

In visa petition proceedings, the petitioner bears the burden of establishing eligibility for the benefits sought.

In view of the above, the petition is denied.

Can someone help me out? There is nothing in the letter informing me that I did not send in a certain form. Of course I am going to file an appeal but I am not sure what documents the USCIS needs if they have not told me in the letter. I called the office and they told me that they can't comment on what I need to send in which makes no sense at all.

Please help.

What did you include in the petition package? What primary evidence did you include?

My petition was denied on 1/10/2013. The mailed reason stated that the petition that was filed did not contain any initial evidence or supporting documentation. You have failed to comply with the regulatory requirements for documents to support your petition, as outlined in the instructions on the From Petition for Alie Finance Form 129-F.

In visa petition proceedings, the petitioner bears the burden of establishing eligibility for the benefits sought.

Can someone help me out? There is nothing in the letter informing me that I did not send in a certain form. Of course I am going to file an appeal but I am not sure what documents the USCIS needs if they have not told me in the letter. I called the office and they told me that they can't comment on what I need to send in which makes no sense at all.

Please help.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

What I'm guessing it means is that you haven't established your current status. Because that's the only thing needed for a citizen or PR to establish their eligibility for k-1 . We're you born in the states ? Did you submit birth certificate and all the necessary documents to prove you're in the states legally ?

Timeline

When you say 'primary evidence' do you mean pictures of us together in Colombia, a copy of my stamped passport when I visited, emails, etc?

Yes, I sent them a copy of my birth certificate. Born in Massachusetts in 1967.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Besides the above did you compare what you sent as compared to the guides and USCIS requirements directly, maybe something will pop out, if not and you still have issues get back on VJ also see WIKI or see an immigration attorney.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

When you say 'primary evidence' do you mean pictures of us together in Colombia, a copy of my stamped passport when I visited, emails, etc?

Yes, I sent them a copy of my birth certificate. Born in Massachusetts in 1967.

Yes, you said it stated that the petition "did not contain any initial evidence or supporting documentation." What did you send in support of the petition? If you can post a list of what you included, that may help. Did you keep a copy of the petition package?

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)

Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Please help.

Maybe no evidence of the meeting within the last two years?

Maybe no G-325a forms?

Maybe no Letters of Intent?

Maybe 129f form incorrectly filled out?

Sounds like they got your money! That they will keep.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Yes, you said it stated that the petition "did not contain any initial evidence or supporting documentation." What did you send in support of the petition? If you can post a list of what you included, that may help. Did you keep a copy of the petition package?

I didn't send in the G-325A for either of us. Unfortunately I found this site after I filed and did not 'see it'.

However, I looked at the uscis.gov site and could not find where it is sated to include the 325A with the 129F.

Should I re-submit everything with the appeal or just the G-325As?

...have a very sick feeling right now....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I didn't send in the G-325A for either of us. Unfortunately I found this site after I filed and did not 'see it'.

However, I looked at the uscis.gov site and could not find where it is sated to include the 325A with the 129F.

Section 6A of the 129f form Instructions specifically state the requirement for the G-325A forms.

Obviously you didn't do a thorough of enough job.....but now you have VJ and no further excuse.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What I'm guessing it means is that you haven't established your current status. Because that's the only thing needed for a citizen or PR to establish their eligibility for k-1 . We're you born in the states ? Did you submit birth certificate and all the necessary documents to prove you're in the states legally ?

No it is not all you are required to prove. You must show SOME evidence of a petitionable relationship with someone.

That means...

Proof both are eligible to marry

Proof you have met in person within 2 years

Proof you intend to marry

Proof you are a citizen

The OP did not do that. There is nothing to appeal. You are required to submit those things and he did not. Is he going to file an appeal saying he did? If he NOW discovers his ERROR, that does not equal an appeal, it equals filing a new petition with the proper documents.

Look, this is simple, and I hope you can handle the truth. The OP screwed up and lost his money and time invested, now you start over. Try to do it right the second time. Education is expensive and takes time. Nothing personal here, just a foul up...no big deal, go back and start over.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Page 2, #6, "What Other Documents Do You Need?"

Coming Soon...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Please help.

Read the I-129F instructions and follow them. Whatever you see listed there, that you didn't send, will be what was missing. Start by clicking on the word "guides" at the top of any page here. Study carefully and then ask any remaining questions. You simply file again, properly this time.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I just called the USCIS again. I can send in the appeal (Form I-290B) along with the additional information.

This is all my fault.

Don't file an appeal. Just resubmit a new petition with all the information needed.

Coming Soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.