Lemonslice

Foreign Language Flight Attendants

8 posts in this topic

Just thought I would share the info in case someone is interested... other airlines might be hiring too.

Delta has opening for Flight Attendants speaking the following languages:

Portuguese

Japanese

Mandarin

Dutch

Hindi

French

---

American Airlines is looking for Flight Attendants speasking:

Finnish

German

Italian

Japanese

Korean

Mandarin

----

Should you be interested, you can prepare for your interview by searching online for tips (indeed.com is a good start).

Good luck to all in their job search :)

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

I would be very very much interested in applying for a dutch speaking flight attendant, but I have no idea how to get the papers ready for me to even be eligible, any ideas? I went through the whole application process on their website, but got automatically declined cause I didn't meet the proper visa requirements(yet). How does this usually go? Can you apply for a working permit even before you get the job? I would appreciate every little help I can get with this, this would be like a dream for me to get that job...

I would be very very much interested in applying for a dutch speaking flight attendant, but I have no idea how to get the papers ready for me to even be eligible, any ideas? I went through the whole application process on their website, but got automatically declined cause I didn't meet the proper visa requirements(yet). How does this usually go? Can you apply for a working permit even before you get the job? I would appreciate every little help I can get with this, this would be like a dream for me to get that job...

What type of visa did you come to the USA with? People with immigrant visas generally get a green card (allows you to work) on arrival. Other methods to legally live in the USA require adjusting status to get EAD (employment authorization) and then a green card. Also you would need to get a Social Security number. None of these requires you to have a job first, in fact you can't get a job legally until you have these.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Timeline

What type of visa did you come to the USA with? People with immigrant visas generally get a green card (allows you to work) on arrival. Other methods to legally live in the USA require adjusting status to get EAD (employment authorization) and then a green card. Also you would need to get a Social Security number. None of these requires you to have a job first, in fact you can't get a job legally until you have these.

I am not a US citizen, I am in fact belgian. Belgium is part of the waiver program, so I can freely travel in and out of the US, but to work I would need to request a specific visa for that, but I don't know how. I heard that your employer would normally arrange those papers for you once they decide to hire you, but for this job they required you to already have those things worked out, so I'm a bit confused here...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

study the I-9 form. If you are document-qualified on the I-9, you can work in the USA.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Most of the airlines are hiring now and I can say they are very selective.

However, I strongly feel that as a non UScitizen, the airlines are much more interested in hiring people from a foreign country as flight attendants than any other company I have applied to in the last 3 years.

I actually got a job as one, and they really do need foreign language speakers to announce landing and take off safety proceedures in English and in the country of destination.

That being said, I speak no other language flently except australian, but still got hired....so I cant suggest enough to all who are interested....give it a try.....

• 2 weeks later...

You still need to have a work permit/legal status to work in the USA. You might want to look at local airlines or at positions with a foreign (American?) airline at the airport close to you.

Most of the airlines are hiring now and I can say they are very selective.

However, I strongly feel that as a non UScitizen, the airlines are much more interested in hiring people from a foreign country as flight attendants than any other company I have applied to in the last 3 years.

I actually got a job as one, and they really do need foreign language speakers to announce landing and take off safety proceedures in English and in the country of destination.

That being said, I speak no other language flently except australian, but still got hired....so I cant suggest enough to all who are interested....give it a try.....

Similar experience for me. Flight benefits are also good for my family living out of the USA, so... we do travel a whole lot. Edited by Boston~Montreal

• 3 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread from 2013 is now closed to further comment. Two recent posts have been split into a new topic, "Questions about Working for Airlines [split topic."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.