kuubemasta

Can one get a K-3 and then follow it by a IR-1 in one go?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am in the peculiar situation of having both my i-130 and i-129f approved but for some reason, the i-129f reached NVC first, thus the sent the paperwork on to the consulate in Morocco.

The IR-1 is still proceeding, I just sent my AOS forms in, and the Agent selection form. We haven't sent nor paid for DS-230.

The Moroccan embassy has already set a date for the k-3 interview (around early Feb).

My wife doesn't need to work right away, as she needs to take some classes/exams when she arrives so I am trying to speed up when we can be united for good.

I had a question that I can't find the answer to. Since the k-3 and ir-1 are separate tracks, what stops us from getting the k-3 visa with the embassy, and then letting the ir-1 proceed and fly again for our ir-1 interview and get it that way (without need for AOS). Are there any rules that prohibit this? There are two case numbers at the NVC (one for k-3 and one for ir-1) so I don't see why being granted the k-3 would void the ir-1 case.

Any thoughts? Specifically what is the rule that says that what I am about to attempt (get k-3, keep working on ir-1 and fly back to get ir-1) not possible. The cost of flying back isn't an issue for me since she has to go back to submit her thesis for her degree.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Your K-3 will be closed as it is not currently used and your application will continue as married.

Pushbark 1/12/13 -

Time to be aware of the facts and get the terminology correct. USCIS doesn't process visas. K3 is a visa. It's also a visa you can expect never to see. You filed an I-130 and an I-129F. Filing the I-129F caused your I-130 to be pulled out of line and put back a couple weeks to the I-129F's place in line. They'll both be approved and sent to the National Visa Center on the same day, where NVC will promptly KILL the I-129F. You will then proceed with the I-130 through to Consular processing of a CR1 or IR1 visa for your spouse. You ain't never gonna SEE any K3 visa.

Adjudicating those petitions will take as long as it takes. You filed them into a black hole, just like the rest of us did.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your K-3 will be closed as it is not currently used and your application will continue as married.

Pushbark 1/12/13 -

Time to be aware of the facts and get the terminology correct. USCIS doesn't process visas. K3 is a visa. It's also a visa you can expect never to see. You filed an I-130 and an I-129F. Filing the I-129F caused your I-130 to be pulled out of line and put back a couple weeks to the I-129F's place in line. They'll both be approved and sent to the National Visa Center on the same day, where NVC will promptly KILL the I-129F. You will then proceed with the I-130 through to Consular processing of a CR1 or IR1 visa for your spouse. You ain't never gonna SEE any K3 visa.

Adjudicating those petitions will take as long as it takes. You filed them into a black hole, just like the rest of us did.

You don't seem to have read my post at all. The I-129F did not get killed in my case, they actually forwarded the application to the U.S. consulate in Morocco. The consulate sent us K-3 paperwork with an interview date (this wouldn't have happened if as you say the I-129F was KILLED). My question is if we pursue the K-3, do we have lost the IR-1 or can we proceed with that as well.

You don't seem to have read my post at all. The I-129F did not get killed in my case, they actually forwarded the application to the U.S. consulate in Morocco. The consulate sent us K-3 paperwork with an interview date (this wouldn't have happened if as you say the I-129F was KILLED). My question is if we pursue the K-3, do we have lost the IR-1 or can we proceed with that as well.

Contact the US embassy and let them know you want to pursue immigrant visa and not K-3. Contact NVC and get started on the document intake - I-864, documents from beneficiary.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I am in the peculiar situation of having both my i-130 and i-129f approved but for some reason, the i-129f reached NVC first, thus the sent the paperwork on to the consulate in Morocco.

The IR-1 is still proceeding, I just sent my AOS forms in, and the Agent selection form. We haven't sent nor paid for DS-230.

The Moroccan embassy has already set a date for the k-3 interview (around early Feb).

My wife doesn't need to work right away, as she needs to take some classes/exams when she arrives so I am trying to speed up when we can be united for good.

I had a question that I can't find the answer to. Since the k-3 and ir-1 are separate tracks, what stops us from getting the k-3 visa with the embassy, and then letting the ir-1 proceed and fly again for our ir-1 interview and get it that way (without need for AOS). Are there any rules that prohibit this? There are two case numbers at the NVC (one for k-3 and one for ir-1) so I don't see why being granted the k-3 would void the ir-1 case.

Any thoughts? Specifically what is the rule that says that what I am about to attempt (get k-3, keep working on ir-1 and fly back to get ir-1) not possible. The cost of flying back isn't an issue for me since she has to go back to submit her thesis for her degree.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I saw this a lot for china folksen - there is nothing wrong with going back for the IR-1 interview. IMO, it saves the AOS step in the USA -

so - I say - since you already have the K-3 interview lined up - GO FOR IT !

The only drawback is monies - IV Casablanca wants money for the K-3, NVC wants money for the IR-1, and of course there be jet fees for flying.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Now for a reply to bigdog

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My dear friend - are you ok ?

The OP already has a K-3 interview lined up.

what does this even mean? your application will continue as married.

Are you ok ? do you need a nap or something? I've noticed a pattern of you giving bad, I mean really bad, advice in the CR-1/IR-1 forums. I know yer lass came in on a K-1 visa and you've done an adjustment of status - but could you stop for a bit, giving advice in the CR-1/IR-1/K-3 visa forums? maybe for a month or two ? Purty Please with venison jiaozi on it?

OP - disregard this advice - in your particular situation it is wrong.

Pushbark 1/12/13 -

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

IF YOUR HUSBAND IS AMERICAN AND YOU A FROM AFRICA,HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO APPLY FOR YOUR CITIZENSHIP?

Stop typing in all caps OK, it is difficult to read

Citizenship? years

Residency must be acquired first

What african country?

good luc

ps - best to start a new thread in the future ok?

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.