Danno

Laugh of the week Clinton named "father of the year"

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Bill Clinton named ‘Father of the Year’

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

3894756-150x150.jpg

The National Father’s Day Council announced today that it has selected President Bill Clinton, Founder of the William J. Clinton Foundation and 42nd President of the United States, as a 2013 “Father of the Year” Award recipient. The awards will be presented at the 72nd Annual Father of the Year Awards in New York City on Tuesday, June 11, 2013.

With proceeds benefitting Save the Children’s U.S. Programs, the awards luncheon will take place at 12:00 p.m. at the Grand Hyatt New York Hotel. For tickets and sponsorship, please contact the Council office at 212-594-5977 or www.momanddadday.com.

President Clinton was elected into the office of President in 1992 and served two consecutive terms (1993 – 2001). Under his leadership, the country enjoyed the strongest economy in a generation and the longest economic expansion in U.S. history, including the creation of more than 22 million jobs.

After leaving the White House, President Clinton established the William J. Clinton Foundation with the mission to improve global health, strengthen economies, promote healthier childhoods, and protect the environment by fostering partnerships among governments, businesses, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and private citizens to turn good intentions into measurable results. Today the Foundation has staff and volunteers around the world working to improve lives through several initiatives, including the Clinton Health Access Initiative (formerly the Clinton HIV/AIDS Initiative), which is helping nearly 5 million people living with HIV/AIDS access lifesaving drugs. Since 2005, the Clinton Global Initiative has brought together global leaders to devise and implement innovative solutions to some of the world’s most pressing issues. In the U.S., the Foundation is working to combat the alarming rise in childhood obesity through the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, and is helping individuals and families succeed and small businesses grow.

Post Continues on www.fortmilltimes.com

Read more: http://patriotupdate.com/2013/01/bill-clinton-named-father-of-the-year/#ixzz2HXSGTv2O

Read more: http://patriotupdate.com/2013/01/bill-clinton-named-father-of-the-year/#ixzz2HXS8sQ3d

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1357787609' post='5913397]

the establishment types like to get together and give each other handies. it's just what they do. don't take it too seriously, they don't.

Yeah you are right... I guess it could have been "husband of the year".

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

I have no idea what kind of father he is. Do you?

It's odd how much people in the public eye love celebrating one another.

Edited by Evylin

The elite live in a different world and many peasants love this kind of stuff.

Funny-quotes-Daffy-Duck.jpg

It's kinda like all of these foolish award shows for movies and music. Used to be just one for each, the Grammys and the Oscars, now they just keep making up awards til everyone gets one. I guess that's where the mentality of giving every kid a trophy who shows up for little league came from.

Filed: Timeline

What has father Clinton done wrong, exactly? Last I checked, he raised and supported his daughter to become a very successful young woman. His daughter is more successful today than all you Clinton bashers will ever be. Combined. How about that?

What has father Clinton done wrong, exactly? Last I checked, he raised and supported his daughter to become a very successful young woman. His daughter is more successful today than all you Clinton bashers will ever be. Combined. How about that?

I have to agree. I am not sure what he has ever done that would make him be viewed as a bad father. If I had been married to a vindicate, soci-path lesbian man hater, I may have cheated also.

Are we ever going to hear from the anti-Clinton crowd as to why he's a bad father? Or are you guys just assuming that because you think you know more about his personal life than you actually do?

I'm of the belief that having an affair doesn't make you a bad person, and it certainly doesn't make you a bad father. The two situations are completely separate and don't reflect on each other.

But hey, keep judging. I'm sure you've all had perfect relationships in the past, right? :yes: Of course.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

nice to have the money and position to make sure the offspring have only the finest available. daughter could have deteriorated or maintained the status she had via m&d

wonder who the runner-ups were for this award?

were any of the runner-ups the guy working to make ends meet so his kids could at least have a roof over their heads?