13 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am beneficiary of petition filed by my sister. PD is June 29, 2007 and category is F4.

I recieved an email from USCIS on April 07, 2010 reading as follows:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: ============

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On April 6, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice.

UNQUOTE

Can someone kindly guide me what this means and what followup do i need to do on this.

Thanking you in advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

2010? CONGRATULATIONS..I THINK

Nops, my priority date is June 29, 2007, category F4 and this notice is dated April 06, 2010.

What this really means?

Wow, no clue..One of the more experienced members will be along soon to help you. Good Luck!

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I am beneficiary of petition filed by my sister. PD is June 29, 2007 and category is F4.

On April 6, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice.

UNQUOTE

Can someone kindly guide me what this means and what followup do i need to do on this.

Thanking you in advance

that's the approval of the first form, the i130. then the approved form was sent to NVC or national visa center where you have to wait until your priority date becomes current. you have to check the visa bulletin, they are working on cases sent in 2001 so you have around 6 more years of waiting. check every month the visa bulletin.

Timeline

that's the approval of the first form, the i130. then the approved form was sent to NVC or national visa center where you have to wait until your priority date becomes current. you have to check the visa bulletin, they are working on cases sent in 2001 so you have around 6 more years of waiting. check every month the visa bulletin.

Thank you very much for your help. What exactly is this in terms of VJ? NOA1

Edited by emem

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

UNQUOTE

Thanking you in advance

Are you saying that you received this email notice nearly three years ago, and you're just now asking what follow up you need to do? :unsure:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It sounds like NOA 2. If so, usually they send you instructions on what to do next- as this has been 3 years ago, they may have assumed you are no longer interested in immigrating. However, as your priority date is not yet current (they are working on April 2001 sibling petitions right now), that probably saved you, as it will be another 6 years until you get an interview.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

It sounds like NOA 2. If so, usually they send you instructions on what to do next- as this has been 3 years ago, they may have assumed you are no longer interested in immigrating. However, as your priority date is not yet current (they are working on April 2001 sibling petitions right now), that probably saved you, as it will be another 6 years until you get an interview.

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1. call into USCIS - go over the casefile status.

2. inquire about the priority date, ask if you are getting close to your priority date BEING CURRENT.

If priority date is current or if it's past the current date

3. Call into NVC, talk with a NVC TeleOperator, and start the VISA APPLICATION PROCESS.

Study Loto's Wiki Page - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

as the doc intake requirements are exactly the same, at NVC .

Knowing your place in the queue, however, is really important.

Usually, for your visa designation/type - the approved I-130 is sent to storage at the National Records Center - and it sits there waiting for the priority date to become current.

Usually, you can tell when you are current by viewing the Visa Bulletin.

We've a few hundred monthly threads about predicitions on Current Priority Date movement - I invite you to find them, read a bit.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.